Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33698080)

dilli-theclaw 13-06-2015 19:22

Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:

Originally Posted by weenie (Post 35782689)
Worst fear has now became reality my Mum has just been diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. I don't know a lot about it and tbh scared to google it.

I am sorry to hear that - I will be thinking of her and you. If you ever feel like you need to chat or anything you can PM me!

raging bull 14-06-2015 10:36

My turn to get a letter from Bill! (The 'Old Bill')
They are asking me to send 100pounds in exchange for 3points.
[6mph over in a 30limit when @5am in morning.]

Russ 14-06-2015 14:22

Just got in from the Swansea Half Marathon where I recorded my worst ever time, it was my 4th HM and only managed a time of 2 hours 15 minutes but I hadn't really trained for it and my goal was to finish without stopping and walking which I managed to achieve. Now bring on the Cardiff Half in October!

denphone 14-06-2015 14:37

Well you did your best Russ and hopefully for you next time you will achieve a much better time.

mrmistoffelees 14-06-2015 14:38

Spent 2am until 7am in A&E Saturday morning, with the most crushing pain ever at the top of my abdomen. Ended up being prescribed morphiene to ease the pain.

Diagnosis is biliary colic

So i guess i need to start making some lifestyle changes quick smart.

denphone 14-06-2015 15:32

l hope you are feeling better now Mr M as there certainly is nothing worse when someone is in terrible pain.

weenie 14-06-2015 15:36

I also hope you are feeling better Mr M, nothing worse than being in pain.

Hom3r 14-06-2015 17:42

This is a moan about so called gentlemen.

On Friday I took my mum to have a scan at the UCH London, as we had to be there at 10am we had to get the tube at Epping at 8am, now that morning I woke to pain from tendonitis, so I had to use some crutches as I couldn't put weight on my foot, there was a delay and I got on a packed train and a woman offered her seat for me which I happily took, the men just carried on reading their papers.

We arrived at Oxford Circus and had to change to the Victoria line to Warren St. again a woman offered me her seat, but I declined stating I was getting off at the next stop.

The return leg to Oxford Circus was the same only a woman offered me her seat, again I declined stating I was getting off at the next stop.

The last leg I was able to get a seat.

denphone 14-06-2015 17:47

Sadly a small minority of men are ignoramuses and don't give a damn about their fellow humans.

dilli-theclaw 14-06-2015 18:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35782996)
Sadly a small minority of men are ignoramuses and don't give a damn about their fellow humans.

Very true!

---------- Post added at 18:12 ---------- Previous post was at 18:01 ----------

So the next step - a heart stress / imaging test - of my transplant involves me being injected with radioactive dye/contrast.

HHHmmm now the last time they did that I ended up with full on kidney failure and blue-lighted from Bedford hospital to Addenbrooke's hospital.

What could possibly go wrong this time :)

Hugh 14-06-2015 18:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw (Post 35782998)
Very true!

So the next step - a heart stress / imaging test - of my transplant involves me being injected with radioactive dye/contrast.

HHHmmm now the last time they did that I ended up with full on kidney failure and blue-lighted from Bedford hospital to Addenbrooke's hospital.

Hopefully this time, no such side-effects.

I had that test last year, with no adverse effects, so hopefully you will share the same fortunate outcome.....

dilli-theclaw 14-06-2015 18:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35783003)
Hopefully this time, no such side-effects.

I had that test last year, with no adverse effects, so hopefully you will share the same fortunate outcome.....

I have emailed the renal team - I am not happy about doing it but no doubt I'll have to, I'll see what they have to say.

denphone 14-06-2015 18:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw (Post 35782998)
Very true!

Good luck dilli with your test as l hope everything goes well for you this time.

MalteseFalcon 14-06-2015 21:02

Good luck dilli, but surely to Christ with what happened last time they must surely have an alternative dye to use for the test?

TheDaddy 15-06-2015 04:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by weenie (Post 35782689)
Worst fear has now became reality my Mum has just been diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. I don't know a lot about it and tbh scared to google it.

Sorry to hear about your mum, good luck

---------- Post added at 04:05 ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees (Post 35782973)
Spent 2am until 7am in A&E Saturday morning, with the most crushing pain ever at the top of my abdomen. Ended up being prescribed morphiene to ease the pain.

Diagnosis is biliary colic

So i guess i need to start making some lifestyle changes quick smart.

If you were a horse they shoot you :sniper: