Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33698080)

denphone 18-05-2015 16:36

Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw (Post 35778632)
Back in two casts again with two broken feet! As I don't walk anywhere I really don't know how the hell I've managed that.

Oh and I am /really/ dreading Thursday's renal day :(

l am so sorry to hear about your two broken feet today dilli as you been through so much already and l just hope and pray that's things will improve for you in time.

thenry 18-05-2015 16:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary L (Post 35778643)
Have you been left on the hard shoulder again? ;)

People who don't indicate on purpose again.
they know you're behind them and make a point of not indicating.

until you follow them on purpose the way they're going until they get worried and the hard man image of not indicating wears off.

Is this one of your stalking methods?

Osem 18-05-2015 16:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35778644)
l am so sorry to hear about your two broken feet today dilli as you been through so much already and l just hope and pray that's things will improve for you in time.

Ditto that. :tu:

Chin up Dilli.

Taf 18-05-2015 17:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary L (Post 35777900)
Price of petrol seems to be going up and up all over again.

Brent crude is rising again :-(

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/...2015/05/19.jpg

Osem 18-05-2015 17:58

Quote:

Oil slipped on Monday as a rallying dollar weighed on the commodities complex amid a bearish price outlook by influential Wall Street firm Goldman Sachs and risks of growing oversupply.

Crude oil prices erased early gains of more than $1 a barrel on worries of turmoil in the Middle East after a major advance by Islamic State militants in Iraq and renewed air strikes by a Saudi-led coalition against Houthi militia in Yemen.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0O30AK20150518

The price is up/down and will be for a while but not everyone thinks the trend is only going to be upwards.

weenie 18-05-2015 22:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw (Post 35778632)
Back in two casts again with two broken feet! As I don't walk anywhere I really don't know how the hell I've managed that.

Oh and I am /really/ dreading Thursday's renal day :(

Dilli sorry to hear that you are in two casts again. I will be thinking about you on Thursday.
My Mum is also at hospital on Thursday morning for a colonoscopy and gastroscopy I'm really getting worried now as she has had a number of tests including a CT scan. The problem is she is not discussing anything with me and my sister, when we ask we get told everything fine! as our Mum is 81 we don't push it as we don't want to cause her any more stress or upset. I think she is just scared tbh.

denphone 19-05-2015 05:30

l hope everything goes well with your Mum on Thursday and that nothing untoward shows up for her Weenie.

weenie 19-05-2015 09:19

Fingers crossed den.

Osem 19-05-2015 10:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by weenie (Post 35778709)
Dilli sorry to hear that you are in two casts again. I will be thinking about you on Thursday.
My Mum is also at hospital on Thursday morning for a colonoscopy and gastroscopy I'm really getting worried now as she has had a number of tests including a CT scan. The problem is she is not discussing anything with me and my sister, when we ask we get told everything fine! as our Mum is 81 we don't push it as we don't want to cause her any more stress or upset. I think she is just scared tbh.

Understandable - I was thinking all sorts of awful things while I was in hospital having all the tests. The best thing you can do is carry on being supportive and ready to listen if she wants to talk about it. It's awful when the ones you love are suffering. Hope it all turns out OK.

dilli-theclaw 19-05-2015 14:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by weenie (Post 35778709)

I hope she gets sorted ASAP. Keep us informed. :tu:

I can relate to not discussing it all. I don't let on some of the stuff to everyone too at times.

MalteseFalcon 19-05-2015 15:29

I do as well (keep it to myself), but you have to let it out to someone. I let it build up now and it is not good for me, last time it got too much I ended up punching a brick wall. Luckily I didn't do any damage to my hand.

nashville 19-05-2015 15:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenry (Post 35778624)
Nope. Have you ever had the chance to escape but you stayed to see something through to only then realise the escape route is no more?

How are your travels?

We were at Manchester this weekend for a Mark Knopfler concert and we were at Tenerife about 6 weeks ago for an all inclusive which was nice and sunny, Not sure if we will be going to Nashville or Austin at the end of the year
Take Care, Nash

Uncle Peter 21-05-2015 14:50

There's a huge brass knocker on my front door that wouldn't look out of place on Dracula's castle

A brand new doorbell

Yet the courier still raps quitely on the wood with his knuckles.

Why bother really?

thenry 22-05-2015 15:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by nashville (Post 35778812)
We were at Manchester this weekend for a Mark Knopfler concert and we were at Tenerife about 6 weeks ago for an all inclusive which was nice and sunny, Not sure if we will be going to Nashville or Austin at the end of the year
Take Care, Nash

Grand Prix in Austin?

dilli-theclaw 24-05-2015 20:43

Still struggling with my Pi2 setup and Linux in general. I'm sure it's just me though, it should be much easier than I'm making it.

I hate being not so smart - it grinds my gears!