Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33698080)

TheDaddy 14-05-2015 06:31

Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw (Post 35777090)
good luck with that :) :tu:

I have only been to Lister a couple of times but I think they just had a major overhaul so let us know what it's like.

Got to be twenty years since I was last there, it desperately needed a major overhaul then...

---------- Post added at 06:30 ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinky (Post 35777496)
Thank you all for your sweet replies. I have not been around a lot recently as we have moved house. But I have been watching, maybe I can start posting again soon. :)

Hope the move went well and your diagnosis isn't troubling you to much

---------- Post added at 06:31 ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by joglynne (Post 35777507)
Hi Tinky lovely to see you posting on the forum. Sorry to hear about the COPD diagnosis. Hope it is under control and not restricting your intake of Vimto. :)

How did the house move go and have you got the new place sorted out? Do you have a garden and ...... OK OK I know, stop being soooo nosey. :D :D :D

Sounds like a moan there at the end

MalteseFalcon 14-05-2015 07:27

Lister is looking OK now, don't like the new A&E department, spent all night there with my Nan who had a nasty bout of chest pains last night. Doctors say it isn't her heart, but at any rate kept her in all last night and likely to be discharged today. Had no sleep at all, and got to go and sign on at the Jobcentre.

denphone 14-05-2015 07:55

Weighty family issues which seems as bad as ever and my sister has just lost her job.:(

dilli-theclaw 14-05-2015 08:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35777763)
Weighty family issues which seems as bad as ever and my sister has just lost her job.:(

i hope she finds something soon. :tu:

As for family yup I'm glad that most of mine live up in Stockton.

denphone 14-05-2015 08:21

Yes l hope and pray that she finds something soon as what irritates me is they changed the job description in these last couple of months and stated that she needed to drive which for someone who is 52 is very hard to suddenly do and thus they have replaced her.

With certain issues in the family it can be a bit like extracting teeth except the pain goes on for longer dilli.

heero_yuy 14-05-2015 11:13

It's only a small moan compared to others here but I've got to go over to Lewes (East Sussex) this afternoon and it's chucking it down with no sign of clearing. :(

denphone 14-05-2015 11:21

Yes you are getting what we had earlier.

nashville 14-05-2015 11:31

Yes, You must be careful

weenie 14-05-2015 11:48

Not being able to find a much needed receipt. It could be anywhere or even been flung out. Gosh this is so frustrating (why did I not just file it straight away :doh:) weenie's shins are score from where she is kicking herself.

SnoopZ 14-05-2015 12:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by weenie (Post 35777830)
Not being able to find a much needed receipt. It could be anywhere or even been flung out. Gosh this is so frustrating (why did I not just file it straight away :doh:) weenie's shins are score from where she is kicking herself.

Always best to file important receipts right away where you know you will find them. lol

mrmistoffelees 14-05-2015 12:21

Four days in London and a day in Maidenhead next week. Bleurgh !

Gary L 14-05-2015 17:17

Price of petrol seems to be going up and up all over again.
(always goes up by 1p at a time. that tells you something)
and you hear in the news about thousands of redundancies being made because the fall in the price of oil?

Osem 14-05-2015 18:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35777768)
Yes l hope and pray that she finds something soon as what irritates me is they changed the job description in these last couple of months and stated that she needed to drive which for someone who is 52 is very hard to suddenly do and thus they have replaced her.

With certain issues in the family it can be a bit like extracting teeth except the pain goes on for longer dilli.

She may have no redress due to the individual circumstances but it might be worth her getting some advice from the CAB on what happened.

---------- Post added at 18:11 ---------- Previous post was at 18:06 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by weenie (Post 35777830)

Yep you only ever seem to lose the ones you need! It's a long short but might it be worth checking with the company concerned? Depending on what it relates to and how you paid you might not need the receipt.

TheDaddy 15-05-2015 21:08

Back ache :(

MalteseFalcon 15-05-2015 21:27

Been 24 hourse since I sold my GTA V game on eBay. Now just shy of 24 hours since sending invoice out, and am wondering at what point I get in touch and threaten an unpaid item dispute against him. Tempted to wait until lunchtime tomorrow to do so.