Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33698080)

weenie 11-05-2015 13:02

Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

That's brilliant Mark, I think going by your post your eyes have improved since last year.

dilli-theclaw 11-05-2015 13:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkC1984 (Post 35777159)
Just a few eye drops put in, and then 2 photos taken of each eye. All over within 30 minutes, and for the first time in around 3 years I was able to read two lines below the line with my right eye and 4 lines below the line with my left eye. Which hopefully means when I have my eyes tested this Summer they have improved on last year.

that is excellent :)

joglynne 11-05-2015 13:47

That's sounds like good news Mark. Do you still have to wait for the full Retinopathy report?

MalteseFalcon 11-05-2015 13:58

Yes, they say it takes 2 weeks but I always have it within a week. Hoping good news again, my eyes do feel a lot better than last year at my eye test. Maybe it was just a blip last year.

joglynne 11-05-2015 14:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkC1984 (Post 35777185)
Yes, they say it takes 2 weeks but I always have it within a week. Hoping good news again, my eyes do feel a lot better than last year at my eye test. Maybe it was just a blip last year.

Mine takes about a week as well. Always a heart thumping moment when I open the envelope. Hope yours is the "no action needed" type as mine was a couple of months go.

denphone 11-05-2015 14:32

Good luck Mark.

Tinky 12-05-2015 16:43

MarkC1984, dill-theclaw, weenie, joglynne, and denphone, here was me feeling sorry for myself, having been diagnosed with COPD recently after giving up smoking 17years ago (after 38years), my problem fades into insignificance. My thoughts are with you all. :ghugs: x

denphone 12-05-2015 17:00

Nice to hear from you Tinky and l am sorry to hear that you have been diagnosed with Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and don't be silly as any diagnosis of any disease is going to get anybody down to start off with and l just hope you are not suffering too much currently.:hugs:

The strange thing is when l was diagnosed l was actually pretty happy as l had gone on for quite a few years without any diagnosis even though l was telling doctors there was a serious problem but alas l had to wait about 7 years before l was finally diagnosed and by that time significant irreparable damage had been done to my heart muscle.

dilli-theclaw 12-05-2015 17:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinky (Post 35777472)
MarkC1984, dill-theclaw, weenie, joglynne, and denphone, here was me feeling sorry for myself, having been diagnosed with COPD recently after giving up smoking 17years ago (after 38years), my problem fades into insignificance. My thoughts are with you all. :ghugs: x

i hope you get sorted asap. Thinking of you!

Osem 12-05-2015 17:45

Great news Mark.

Thought you'd been quiet lately Tinky. Hope you're not feeling too bad and that things improve now you have your diagnosis and can hopefully get proper treatment.

weenie 12-05-2015 17:49

Quote:

Not at all Tinky, I'm sorry to hear that you have recently been diagnosed with COPD. Take care :hugs:

MalteseFalcon 12-05-2015 18:03

That's nasty stuff, COPD. Both grandparents have it, my Nan is only borderline but she won't take her inhalers unless she needs them and wonders why she struggles to breathe. My granddad on the other hand, well he is full blown COPD needs oxygen all the time. Over the last 18 months, he has been in hospital with pneumonia at least 4 times. He'll be 79 this year, seriously have my doubts about him seeing his 80th. Not that I will shed many tears over him.

heero_yuy 12-05-2015 18:06

Quote:

Unfortunately we didn't realise what those ciggies would do apart from cancer. I gave up many years ago but I'll bet there's still a legacy. Hope things work out OK for you.

Tinky 12-05-2015 18:15

Thank you all for your sweet replies. I have not been around a lot recently as we have moved house. But I have been watching, maybe I can start posting again soon. :)

joglynne 12-05-2015 18:57

Hi Tinky lovely to see you posting on the forum. Sorry to hear about the COPD diagnosis. Hope it is under control and not restricting your intake of Vimto. :)

How did the house move go and have you got the new place sorted out? Do you have a garden and ...... OK OK I know, stop being soooo nosey. :D :D :D