Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Sony Games Systems (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   PS3 audio setup HELP (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33644777)

ninjatim01 07-02-2009 20:59

Re: PS3 audio setup HELP

what i mean is, i'll connect the ps3 hdmi to my tv and then optical to the receiver

BenMcr 07-02-2009 21:17

I know, but you will have to choose each time. The PS3 cannot output audio over HDMI and optical at the same time

As you reciever will pass through the video, you might as well just use that

SIMMO50 29-09-2010 13:20

I HAVE AN OLD PANASONIC HOME THEATRE SYSTEM BUT CANT UNDERSTAND WHY I CANT GET ANY SOUND TO THE SURROUND SPEAKERS FROM THE PS3 OR DIRECT FROM TV USING THE OPTICAL OUTPUT CABLE, CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE.
I HAVE TRIED CONNECTING STRAIGHT FROM PS3 TO THE DVD RECIEVER AND ALSO FROM THE TV TO THE RECIEVER BUT NOTHING.
AND ALSO TRIED THE 2 STANDARD AUDIO OUTPUT CABLES AND THIS DONT WORK EITHER.
I have altered the output on the ps3 to optical out as well, any ideas?
Thanks.:dozey:

ninjatim01 29-09-2010 13:53

Can you put a product name for your home theatre so i can see it? i'll do some digging for you

SIMMO50 29-09-2010 20:34

hI, THANKS FOR THE REPLY.
THE SYSTEM IS ABOUT 12 YEARS OLD. ITS A PANASONIC SA HT900 HOME THEATRE SYSTEM.
HOPE YOU CAN HELP OTHERWISE I CAN SEE MY HAVING TO BUY ANOTHER SURROUND SYSTEM.
JUST TRIED MY YAMAHA 800 WIRELESS SPEAKER WITH THE OPTICAL LEAD AND IT IS PERFECT. CANT USE THIS THOUGH AS WE USE THIS IN OUR MAIN LOUNGE AND MY PS3 IS I ANOTHER ROOM.
STEVE

SIMMO50 01-10-2010 09:40

anyone help me out with the above thread please. still cant get it to work and dont really want to be rushing to buy another one before I know for sure if it is not compatible or something, as I would of thought the optical cable would work ok? thanks

---------- Post added at 10:40 ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninjatim01 (Post 35100259)
can you put a product name for your home theatre so i can see it? I'll do some digging for you

its a panasonic sa ht900 system. Thanks

ninjatim01 04-10-2010 12:44

Sorry, been away for a bit. After a bit of digging it does seem quite an old system how ever it should still work in theory. Try the following connection to start:

For Video (if possible) PS3 -> HDMI/Component -> TV

Audio: PS3 -> Optical -> DVDrec

Once done, go to your PS3 menu bar and find sound settings. Select the output to optical and then manual. It should ask you to select the codecs and freq to use. Select them all. That should be you done. If its not working then it will an issue with the dvdrec, try looking through the manual on setting up sound. I tried looking on the net for a manual to check but i couldn't see it. Hope this helps