Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   General : Virginmediastore launches (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33705364)

denphone 07-09-2017 14:32

Virginmediastore launches

Virginmediastore launches online.

https://www.virginmediastore.com/

http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-...dia-store.html

theone2k10 07-09-2017 14:32

Re: Virginmediastore launches

;););)

denphone 07-09-2017 17:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by theone2k10 (Post 35915630)
;););)

One has to sign up online and then one can go to the VM Store in the apps section on their box.

buckeye 07-09-2017 18:00

Hmmmm no thank you, absolutely ridiculous prices, 24 quid for season 1 of Billions when you could sub to Now TV for 8 quid for a month or even just use the 14 day free trial and binge watch season 1 and 2 for a quarter the price or nothing at all.
£120 for the first 6 seasons of Game of Thrones and just the ability to add the latest season to a wishlist!

If anyone uses this service the old adage of "a fool and their money are easily parted" springs to mind!

EDIT:
I take it back you can buy season 7 of GoT there but I underestimated the cost, I assumed all seasons were available at £19:99 but clicking through the links it seems at least half of them are £23:99 so you're looking at over 160 quid to watch GoT from the start on the VM Store!

Kabaal 07-09-2017 18:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckeye (Post 35915678)
Hmmmm no thank you, absolutely ridiculous prices, 24 quid for season 1 of Billions when you could sub to Now TV for 8 quid for a month or even just use the 14 day free trial and binge watch season 1 and 2 for a quarter the price or nothing at all.
£120 for the first 6 seasons of Game of Thrones and just the ability to add the latest season to a wishlist!

If anyone uses this service the old adage of "a fool and their money are easily parted" springs to mind!

EDIT:
I take it back you can buy season 7 of GoT there but I underestimated the cost, I assumed all seasons were available at £19:99 but clicking through the links it seems at least half of them are £23:99 so you're looking at over 160 quid to watch GoT from the start on the VM Store!

Yep, and to compound that on bluray you can get seasons 1-6 for £90 or pre-order Seasons 1-7 for £99.99.

I get the keeping streaming prices high when it comes to purchasing so as not to affect profits on discs but streaming costing more is crazy to me.

Mad Max 07-09-2017 18:56

An absolute rip off!

theone2k10 07-09-2017 19:04

Tbf Sky store is the same price wise.

dilli-theclaw 07-09-2017 19:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by theone2k10 (Post 35915691)
Tbf Sky store is the same price wise.

I keep trying to get Natalie to avoid sky’s buy and keep, such a rip off.

muppetman11 07-09-2017 20:09

Sky Store will soon offer more ways to buy , I believe Options will be Digital Only , Digital + DVD , Digital + Blu Ray.

Oh and I agree it's overpriced.

OLD BOY 07-09-2017 21:48

Quote:

EDIT:

Like I said, they should have simply given us the Now tv app. I mean, how difficult can it be?!!
:shrug:

I am unlikely ever to use this rip off service! I'm out!!

Rob King 07-09-2017 22:42

and its got Game of Thrones and i still wont watch it they can pay me to watch it they must have done a good deal i wonder if Sky Atlantic is to join Virgin Media shortly ?

theone2k10 07-09-2017 23:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob King (Post 35915708)
and its got Game of Thrones and i still wont watch it they can pay me to watch it they must have done a good deal i wonder if Sky Atlantic is to join Virgin Media shortly ?

No the rights to Game of thrones is owned by HBO, you can by HBO dvds/blu rays anywhere including on the high street so SKY have no say in this.
SKY only have a deal for broadcast rights.

denphone 08-09-2017 05:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 35915702)
Like I said, they should have simply given us the Now tv app. I mean, how difficult can it be?!!
:shrug:

I am unlikely ever to use this rip off service! I'm out!!

Its not as simple as that OB and you know it.

---------- Post added at 05:24 ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob King (Post 35915708)

Dave will give you the answer to that one.;)

bubblegun 08-09-2017 05:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35915696)
Sky Store will soon offer more ways to buy , I believe Options will be Digital Only , Digital + DVD , Digital + Blu Ray.

Oh and I agree it's overpriced.

Overpriced?

I'm not sure if that's right.

Sure, there are other services offering the latest movies in digital-only format for less money but they are less established.

Plus Sky Store is more convenient for Sky customers than messing about with another device to watch a movie.

Gavin-D 08-09-2017 09:57

Quote:

EDIT:

On Amazon series 1 to 7 box set is £89.99 for DVD or £99.99 for Blu-ray from 11th December