Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media Internet Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   what will I be getting? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33687373)

carlwaring 05-05-2012 23:05

Re: what will I be getting?

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlwaring (Post 35423339)
Well that was interesting.

Just got my contract through and nearly died; but luckily a phone call got the problem sorted.

Problem #1
Price was the same and not lower. (Not really a problem as long as it wasn't higher but did wonder why!) Turns-out that this was a new 12-month contract for all services and therefore my Tivo charge was now £5 and not £3 :(

Problem #2
This was, apparently, a "promotional price" which would increase by £10 at the end of the promotional period. Again, a quick call to retentions explained that it was, indeed, for the full 12 months and I should call to re-negotiate after that time.

So, not paying less but getting higher BB speed. Wish I could pay less and get a lower speed as I don't really have much use for the faster speed :( Ho hum! Such is life :) (I think they said that only way to now pay less would be to drop back to 10mb but that would also drop me to M phone and I don't want to do that!)

Also interesting to note that the 'deal' I got - on Monday - they would not be able to offer today.

Just some thoughts and observations for those thinking of changing packages.

And, according to 'My Virgin Media': "You're up and running on one of our new double speed packages." So I really don't know what the truth is now :confused:

Martyn 06-05-2012 03:39

i got my 60mb from 10mb pushed instantly, and for only £1 extra

kwikbreaks 06-05-2012 09:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlwaring (Post 35423939)
And, according to 'My Virgin Media': "You're up and running on one of our new double speed packages." So I really don't know what the truth is now :confused:

Yet still you seem unable to grasp why folks bitch about VM.

carlwaring 06-05-2012 10:38

Erm... no. Not at all. I just don't agree with all the points ever raised. :rolleyes:

TbGbe 06-05-2012 10:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlwaring (Post 35423939)

Well, it seems you've put onto one the "new" BB tiers and will not see the free Doublespeed upgrade i.e. you've changed tiers and already got the new speed.

carlwaring 06-05-2012 10:48

Oh well. 30's fast enough for me. Just wish they'd get the upload sorted. (Just under 2; should be 3!) I feel another call to second-line might be in order :)

TbGbe 06-05-2012 16:53

According to Virgin forums, the uploads will be done after all downloads (in an area) because they need to check/verify stability of new speeds !?

carlwaring 06-05-2012 17:30

Meh! Fair enough. 2mb's fast enough :)