Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Other Telco Services Discussion (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   Garden Dug Up and Cable installed on my property without knowledge (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33662671)

Chris 05-02-2014 23:16

Re: Garden Dug Up and Cable installed on my property without knowledge

Quote:

Originally Posted by weenie (Post 35669506)
cannot speak for my arrogant and stupid neighbour but I can say they were not to pleased...

You can't keep us in suspense like this. We need a florid description of the look on her face. Has she been round yet?

weenie 05-02-2014 23:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 35669551)
I hope the payment covers your legal costs and you're not out of pocket? :)

Covers all expenses not a penny more and not a penny less, I know some people will think I'm mad at not putting in a claim but they offered a goodwill gesture and I accepted it, I never had any intention of putting in a claim as I was just glad the whole experience was all over, but then came a phone call from VM asking if I was pleased with the work carried out I simply replied I did not think it fair that I was out of pocket so was offered a good will gesture. Do not get me wrong hubby was shaking his head but said it was up to me... :) I just wanted closure with the whole horrid experience

---------- Post added at 23:34 ---------- Previous post was at 23:27 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 35669560)
You can't keep us in suspense like this. We need a florid description of the look on her face. Has she been round yet?

no think they have the message to stay away and if they come near me I will do what another neighbour has done to her and phoning the police as she scares me TBH very hostile and extremely verbal ... I do not like confrontation at all ...

Chris 05-02-2014 23:36

Can't blame you for that ... Still, at the moment it's Weenie 1, Horrid Neighbour 0. Result!

tizmeinnit 05-02-2014 23:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by weenie (Post 35669564)
Covers all expenses not a penny more and not a penny less, I know some people will think I'm mad at not putting in a claim but they offered a goodwill gesture and I accepted it, I never had any intention of putting in a claim as I was just glad the whole experience was all over, but then came a phone call from VM asking if I was pleased with the work carried out I simply replied I did not think it fair that I was out of pocket so was offered a good will gesture. Do not get me wrong hubby was shaking his head but said it was up to me... :) I just wanted closure with the whole horrid experience

no think they have the message to stay away and if they come near me I will do what another neighbour has done to her and phoning the police as she scares me TBH very hostile and extremely verbal ... I do not like confrontation at all ...

if you feel legitimately that you are under threat when she has a go that is assault

SnoopZ 05-02-2014 23:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by weenie (Post 35669564)

Just wondering what sort of age this woman is?

weenie 06-02-2014 00:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by tizmeinnit (Post 35669568)
if you feel legitimately that you are under threat when she has a go that is assault

I think she know's that I would get a restraining order, and anyway I do not think she would assault me, well hope not. I know she had the police to her after she assaulted a girl by pushing her off her bike "apparently" and the mother got the police to her. This happened before I bought my house and truthfully I do not think I would have bought the house if I had known what she was like and what I was moving beside. Anyway she knows that my husband comes from a family of police officers so I think I'm safe ... :erm: My son thinks she suffers from Antisocial personality disorder as he studied this behaviour in social sciences and she seems to tick all the boxes :shocked:

tizmeinnit 06-02-2014 00:14

you do not have to be hit to be assaulted you just have to believe you are in danger of being hit