Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   AV1 on TV screen - really annoying (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33675163)

Chris SE11 20-02-2011 17:11

AV1 on TV screen - really annoying

Hi

I joined VM a couple of months ago. I had a few glitches with the install which I had to sort out.

Ever since it was installed I've had "AV 1" in the top left of my TV screen. The TV is Panasonic. Prior to VM this would only show on pressing a button on the remote & could be switched on & off. I think it was the i button.

I've tried all the butons on the TV remote on numerous occassions. I've also waded through numerous web sites, forums, blogs etc. to find a solution to get rid of it. Annoyingly, I have not found a solution.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

Chris

mhatter67 20-02-2011 17:21

Re: AV1 on TV screen - really annoying

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris SE11 (Post 35178729)
Hi

I joined VM a couple of months ago. I had a few glitches with the install which I had to sort out.

Ever since it was installed I've had "AV 1" in the top left of my TV screen. The TV is Panasonic. Prior to VM this would only show on pressing a button on the remote & could be switched on & off. I think it was the i button.

I've tried all the butons on the TV remote on numerous occassions. I've also waded through numerous web sites, forums, blogs etc. to find a solution to get rid of it. Annoyingly, I have not found a solution.

Seems to be the onscreen display button on your tv remote to me

Can anyone help?

Bit confused as to me it is the onscreen display button activated on you TV remote control?

Thanks in advance.

Chris

---------- Post added at 17:21 ---------- Previous post was at 17:15 ----------

Sorry this website is not setup well for quoting from a mobile device.

Are you sure it is not your onscreen display but set on your tv remote?

Chris SE11 20-02-2011 17:26

Hi

Yes..prior to VM installation it could be turned off via the TV remote. Assume it was the TV display button.

I've had both Sky & BT Vision with this TV & "AV1" was not persistently on with those implementations.

If I can't control it via my TV remote it's either a local problem caused by the VM installation (very likely) or something went wrong with the TV when VM was installed (very unlikely).

The original engineer I had was very unprofessional. My installation took longer than what he had anticipated and he was moaning about how many jobs he still had to do. He ran through everything at lightning speed before he left. No attention to detail.

Anyone?

Thanks

Ben B 20-02-2011 17:28

I know on Sony TVs there is an i button on the TV remote to get rid of it. Have you tried a different SCART socket or unplugging the TV/Box and plugging it back in again?

Scrubbs 20-02-2011 17:43

The tv, is a panasonic what model?

The "av1" on any television is the display to say that.s the channel or input you are looking at, as far as I know I can't think of any input, that would permanantly display wether it's virgin media, vcr, media player or a dvd camera

Digital Fanatic 20-02-2011 17:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris SE11 (Post 35178739)
Hi

Yes..prior to VM installation it could be turned off via the TV remote. Assume it was the TV display button.

I've had both Sky & BT Vision with this TV & "AV1" was not persistently on with those implementations.

If I can't control it via my TV remote it's either a local problem caused by the VM installation (very likely) or something went wrong with the TV when VM was installed (very unlikely).

The original engineer I had was very unprofessional. My installation took longer than what he had anticipated and he was moaning about how many jobs he still had to do. He ran through everything at lightning speed before he left. No attention to detail.

Anyone?

Thanks

Do you have a button with "?" on your tv remote? Try pressing that.... I don't think it has anything to do with the actual installation.

mikerr 20-02-2011 18:40

Similar problem here - I had "HDMI" at top left on my Panasonic TV after the TiVo install.
It used to show only for a second on input change, then disappear, but after install it was on all the time.

Eventually I found the "i" button on the panasonic remote removes it permanently.

Okonski 20-02-2011 21:36

It's a Panasonic issue, not related to the VM STB. On Sony TV's it is toggled by the key directly under the 9, but in both cases you need the TV (not VM) remote.