Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   General : Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017) (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33704203)

jj20x 23-06-2017 20:08

Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 35904434)
I'd be happy if they fixed the fault preventing V6 customers from listening to RTE radio!

I can't see why that is happening. Like the basic BBC services, radio channels aren't encrypted and are outside VM's subscription pack structure. So what is actually blocking access?

OLD BOY 23-06-2017 23:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by jj20x (Post 35904580)
I can't see why that is happening. Like the basic BBC services, radio channels aren't encrypted and are outside VM's subscription pack structure. So what is actually blocking access?

That's what I couldn't understand. Is this a Virgin fault or a content provider fault?

Either way, if Virgin cannot rely on the continuity of service, surely they should threaten, andd if necessary, enforce, the conclusion of this contract.

jj20x 24-06-2017 01:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 35904598)
That's what I couldn't understand. Is this a Virgin fault or a content provider fault?

Bearing in mind that it still works on the Tivo etc, and that this bug is limited to the V6, possibly neither.

Quote:

Either way, if Virgin cannot rely on the continuity of service, surely they should threaten, andd if necessary, enforce, the conclusion of this contract.
I don't know. Consider the possibility that, for some reason, the actual audio stream is incompatible with the V6. Would it be fair to threaten the content provider with a termination of contract? They are providing the same service they always have, which still works on the VM boxes it previously worked on. So how would it be their fault if VM introduced new hardware, incompatible with the stream? A bit harsh perhaps.

I would say that it is up to VM to convert the audio stream and make it universally compatible across all boxes. Either that or update the V6 firmware to make it compatible.

Of course, it may not be a compatibility problem with the actual audio stream. Which brings us back to the question, what is actually blocking access.

Out of interest, do any of the other channels, on the radio section of the EPG, fail to play on the V6?

RichardCoulter 24-06-2017 13:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by jj20x (Post 35904605)
Bearing in mind that it still works on the Tivo etc, and that this bug is limited to the V6, possibly neither.

I don't know. Consider the possibility that, for some reason, the actual audio stream is incompatible with the V6. Would it be fair to threaten the content provider with a termination of contract? They are providing the same service they always have, which still works on the VM boxes it previously worked on. So how would it be their fault if VM introduced new hardware, incompatible with the stream? A bit harsh perhaps.

I would say that it is up to VM to convert the audio stream and make it universally compatible across all boxes. Either that or update the V6 firmware to make it compatible.

Of course, it may not be a compatibility problem with the actual audio stream. Which brings us back to the question, what is actually blocking access.

Out of interest, do any of the other channels, on the radio section of the EPG, fail to play on the V6?

All i've been told is that it is a software fault!?

They also said that the fault affects Nollywood TV for some people (doesn't affect me).

jj20x 24-06-2017 13:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 35904657)
All i've been told is that it is a software fault!?

It does look that way. Apparently, the RTE Radio stream is MPEG2 128k stereo, so nothing unusual about the format.

Quote:

They also said that the fault affects Nollywood TV for some people (doesn't affect me).
Software faults only affecting certain users is also odd. Hmmm!

Media Boy UK 24-06-2017 16:53

Sky sources has confirm that Chelsea TV is set to go HD only soon. Also Sky are looking to add more Asia channels.

Ddonald2016 24-06-2017 22:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 35904683)
Sky sources has confirm that Chelsea TV is set to go HD only soon. Also Sky are looking to add more Asia channels.

Shame there is so little coming to virgin media we need to see what coming to sky

theone2k10 24-06-2017 23:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 (Post 35904695)
Shame there is so little coming to virgin media we need to see what coming to sky

Not a lot at the moment.

jj20x 25-06-2017 15:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 35904683)
Also Sky are looking to add more Asia channels.

More competition for VM in the Desi market.

Meanwhile, indications are that Brit Asia TV should be available to VM UK TV users with the Mix, M+, Fun and Full House packs after launch.

theone2k10 25-06-2017 18:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by jj20x (Post 35904778)
More competition for VM in the Desi market.

Meanwhile, indications are that Brit Asia TV should be available to VM UK TV users with the Mix, M+, Fun and Full House packs after launch.

So that'll be every pack going up by £5pm then :p:

Media Boy UK 26-06-2017 14:56

Russian Channel "THT-Comedy" has been added to WorldBox.

OLD BOY 26-06-2017 15:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 35904896)

Oh, I can see it now.

"There was this Russian, Turkman and Ukranian..."

Nah, doesn't do it for me, it doesn't have the same ring about it. I wouldn't understand the punch line anyway, particularly as I don't speak Russian! :beer:

Media Boy UK 26-06-2017 19:43

We have seen an DNP order tonight.

From an Virgin source

Ddonald2016 26-06-2017 21:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 35904963)
We have seen an DNP order tonight.

From an Virgin source

When will it be lifted, let's hope it's uhd material not sky sports channels names

Mad Max 26-06-2017 22:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 35904896)

Bloody hell..........:erm: