Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Your School Memories (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=27422)

Matthew 18-04-2005 21:29

Re: Your School Memories

I leave school this summer but one of my most memorable events will be chucking a glass of water over one of the assistant heads. That has gone down in school history.

Stuart 19-04-2005 00:53

In secondary school, talking to a friend, talking about the "attributes" of our English teacher*. I found out she was standing behind me when she yelled my surname and put me in detention..

*She was young, pretty, well endowed and extremely strict (well, she was head of English in an all-boys secondary school, with a mixed sex sixth form). She also caused many happy dreams, which I'd better not go into.

As for Uni, well, I spent far too much of that drunk. Even to the point of passing out regularly in Lectures (God knows how I passed Formal Specification, I spent most of the lectures passed out). The real fun started when I first started work, and some of my adventures have been posted here.

Raistlin 19-04-2005 01:07

Sayin the word "Jugs" at just the wrong volume, just as the assembly went quiet, this was in the 4th year of Junior School.

I was then asked to stand in front of the entire school and explain what I had been talking about, there was some quick thinking that day I can tell you!

Dude111 15-07-2017 14:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stuart
Got plenty. Some good, some bad.. I actually remember secondary school more clearly, but I think that's because it wasn't so long ago..

I hear ya mate...

I love my primary school years the most (K-6) as I was in a mainstream school AND I LOVE THE FOOD!!!!!!!!!!! -- I am thankful I was in school IN THE 80s before schools started making it worse in the 90s!

Here is what I loved

1) Hamburgers - It was plain hamburgers and I put lots of cathup on it..... I would do anything for one now!

2) Pizza - MMMMMMMMMMMMM (French Bread Style (Rectangle))

3) Fish Sticks - Also MMMMMMMMMM

And then later in the late 80s in secondary school I loved thier CABBAGE SALAD!!!!! -- Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!! -- I asked them for the recipe one day and my mom made some but it wasnt as good at all :(

Recently within the last few years I was eating @ a buffet (Country Buffet) and I found some of this cabbage salad on the bar... It tasted somewhat like what I had in the 80s in middle school!!

Osem 15-07-2017 14:01

Blimey a 12 year BUMP!!! :)

FWIW I recall playing marbles on the top of manhole covers. The stakes seemed so high when your prized marbles were at risk... :erm:

Happy days. :)

heero_yuy 15-07-2017 14:30

Magnifying glasses and ants. Miniature solar death ray. At least it was quick. :(

One kid had the Fresnel lens off an overhead projector. Leathal!

Osem 15-07-2017 17:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35907962)
Magnifying glasses and ants. Miniature solar death ray. At least it was quick. :(

One kid had the Fresnel lens off an overhead projector. Leathal!

You never forget the smell of roasted ant.

Maggy 15-07-2017 21:05

I'm a retired teacher..I'm trying to forget mine..

Dude111 16-07-2017 05:52

Wow congrats Matey,I didnt realise you were a teacher!!

Good for you :)

papa smurf 16-07-2017 09:30

collecting the slates at the end of the day - was i happy when we got ink wells on our desks and paper to write on then i became ink monitor .

Osem 16-07-2017 16:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa smurf (Post 35908016)
collecting the slates at the end of the day - was i happy when we got ink wells on our desks and paper to write on then i became ink monitor .

You had ink, desks and paper??? Luxury!... Bet you went to one of those posh schools for Tory toffs and the like. ;)

:)

weenie 16-07-2017 16:29

Getting the belt for being late for my English class in secondary school let's just say I was never late again.

Ramrod 16-07-2017 21:17

Absolutely no happy memories about any of the 6+ secondary schools I attended. Racially abused and bullied pretty much non stop till I took up martial arts. After that it was just miserable but at least the bullying stopped.

Stuart 16-07-2017 23:42

Actually I have a selection of memories about secondary school. One is above, but another is our drama teacher..

She was strict. And slightly scary. Scary enough that we turned up for her class early despite having to miss most of morning break to get there.

One morning, instead of our normal lesson, she sat us all down. Then proceeded to tell us at great length how we were all evil, and potential rapists. I went to an all boys school, so we were obviously all male. One of my friends pointed out that rape is not exclusively male (female rapists are rare but do happen), only to be told to be a rapist you need a penis.

One of my friends turned up a few minutes later, at the actual start of the lesson, smiling. He was thrown out and put in detention. Iirc, when she heard, his mother put in a complaint. Whatever happened, I don’t recall seeing that teacher again.

Ramrod 18-07-2017 10:44

Shocking.....