Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Will you buy The Sun on Sunday? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33685740)

Chrysalis 20-02-2012 17:20

Re: Will you buy The Sun on Sunday?

I dont buy any papers so I answered the question pretending I do buy papers, it was still no.

Damien 20-02-2012 17:30

People overlook that the fences were erected at football grounds partly in response to the Heysel disaster amongst other acts of hooliganism. It's all rather tragic. That's starting to drag it off topic anyway.

Peter_ 20-02-2012 17:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris (Post 35385160)
I agree. But I don't see what that has to do with it.

I doubt any of their families will ever read this or any other paper published by News International.

Sirius 20-02-2012 17:58

No

Why would i want to lower my IQ by reading that drivel :)

TheNorm 20-02-2012 18:39

There are only two reasons to buy The Sun...;)

martyh 20-02-2012 20:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheNorm (Post 35385225)
There are only two reasons to buy The Sun...;)

Page 3 and George and Lynne :D :tu:

bw41101 20-02-2012 22:21

In retrospect and (of course) purely from an intellectual point of view, one would prefer the Beano. Oh I say, one reads that menace chappie is becoming more uncouth by the day don't you know.

Be seeing one :Sprint:

Halcyon 20-02-2012 22:49

I dont buy any newspapers at the weekend so will NOT be buying this one either.

The only newspaper I do read is my local one on a Thursday that has a going out guide to whats happening at the weekend.

Tezcatlipoca 20-02-2012 23:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chrysalis (Post 35385169)
I dont buy any papers so I answered the question pretending I do buy papers, it was still no.

Ditto.

Paul 21-02-2012 01:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_ (Post 35385133)
For anyone willing to buy this piece of tat please do think for a moment and remember the 96 victims who died at Hillsborough and whose memories this companies rags tried to drag through the mud in order to protect the Yorkshire Police, if you have no conscience then go out and buy it.

Sorry, but this is just nonsense. What a paper did or did not do 22+ years ago is irrelevant ancient history, its really time you let go of this grudge.

BTW, I dont buy any newspapers.

RizzyKing 21-02-2012 02:04

I stopped buying the sun years ago when I realised what a nasty little rag it was. Perfect example in the fall of journalistic standards you could ask for. Sun on sunday I am sure will kick right into it's normal stride within a couple of weeks probably with an anti islam story. I would rather slow drill a hole in my skull then put a single penny into the murdoch's coffers.

Chrysalis 21-02-2012 07:47

What was amusing is the sun journalists claiming they been targeted yet for years they have bullied many people with damaging stories.

Peter_ 21-02-2012 08:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 35385385)
Sorry, but this is just nonsense. What a paper did or did not do 22+ years ago is irrelevant ancient history, its really time you let go of this grudge.

BTW, I dont buy any newspapers.

You are not from the City of Liverpool so obviously you do not understand the pain that company caused and I would not wish that on anyone.

I rather doubt that in this city that I am alone in feeling this way even though time has past the are still many questions unanswered by the authorities.

Apart from the picture I posted above have you ever stood in front of the memorial at Anfield, if not then try it sometime maybe that will bring it home to you when you talk of a grudge it goes deeper than that.

richard1960 21-02-2012 08:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_ (Post 35385418)
You are not from the City of Liverpool so obviously you do not understand the pain that company caused and I would not wish that on anyone.

I rather doubt that in this city that I am alone in feeling this way even though time has past the are still many questions unanswered by the authorities.

Apart from the picture I posted above have you ever stood in front of the memorial at Anfield, if not then try it sometime maybe that will bring it home to you when you talk of a grudge it goes deeper than that.

I can fully see where you are coming from Peter and its good to see people sticking by their principles in Liverpool what the sun did was disgusting and for years Kelvin McKenzie defended the indefensible and even now probably believes the sun printed the truth.:(

Alan Fry 21-02-2012 08:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter_ (Post 35385154)
I sat and watched both events live and was appalled by both of them as any normal person would be regardless of their home town.

The difference with that rag is that it deliberately went out of its way to vilify the Liverpool supporters and to try and pin the blame on them in order to cover up the failings of the Police on that day, if it was a government coverup as well that is even more shocking.

I would love to know how those Police Officers can sleep at night especially the ones who turned their backs on the dying who they could see in front of them slowly getting the life crushed out of them and still refused to open the gates onto the pitch, not a memory that I would like to live with.

The match at Heysel should never have happened as the stadium was falling to pieces and the authorities knew it, maybe it would never have happened if they had relocated the match we will never know but those images were equally shocking.

Thank god times have changed since them!