Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Electricity token meter (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33608353)

Shaun 17-02-2007 23:38

Re: Electricity token meter

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ B (Post 34224967)
Cheers both but the supplier I chose isn't open now until monday and I need to sort something out tomorrow.

Your chosen supplier has nothing to do with it. :) It's who the property is supplied by now that you need to contact.

By chosen supplier you do mean who you want to be with eventually, right?

If so then that is of no consequence now as they'll more than likely not be the supplier now. The change over will take 28 days so you need to contact whoever is the current power company.

Russ 18-02-2007 08:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 34224992)
Your chosen supplier has nothing to do with it. :) It's who the property is supplied by now that you need to contact.

By chosen supplier you do mean who you want to be with eventually, right?

If so then that is of no consequence now as they'll more than likely not be the supplier now. The change over will take 28 days so you need to contact whoever is the current power company.

To be honest, this particular situation has no bearing on who the supplier is or os going to be - I just need to get a token or two for the next few days!

AntiSilence 18-02-2007 11:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ B (Post 34225104)
To be honest, this particular situation has no bearing on who the supplier is or os going to be - I just need to get a token or two for the next few days!

When we moved into this house, the meter didn't have any credit so I phoned Powergen up, they gave me a temporary number to get some with, without a card.

Russ 18-02-2007 11:34

Cheers - am on the phone to Powergen right now, let's hope the department is open on sundays. Went to my flat this morning and the emergency credit has gone so there's no electric there at all. £4 in less than 2 days isn't right!

---------- Post added at 12:34 ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 ----------

Just got through to a stuttering (not a speech impediment but in a please-don't-shout-at-me-its-my-first-day sort of way) geordie who told me I'd need to speak to the previous supplier (SWALEC - who are closed today) to sort this out.

AntiSilence 18-02-2007 12:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ B (Post 34225196)
Cheers - am on the phone to Powergen right now, let's hope the department is open on sundays. Went to my flat this morning and the emergency credit has gone so there's no electric there at all. £4 in less than 2 days isn't right!

---------- Post added at 12:34 ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 ----------

Just got through to a stuttering (not a speech impediment but in a please-don't-shout-at-me-its-my-first-day sort of way) geordie who told me I'd need to speak to the previous supplier (SWALEC - who are closed today) to sort this out.

No, £4 in less than two days isn't right. Hope you get it sorted soon.

Roy MM 18-02-2007 12:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntiSilence (Post 34225214)
No, £4 in less than two days isn't right. Hope you get it sorted soon.

If the previous tenant was in arrears that would explain why extra money was taken from the meter, to pay off there account.

Russ 18-02-2007 12:43

Just borrowed my mate's swipe card to get a £5 token - and it worked! My meter took it, everything is great, except it took £4 for the emergency credit and left me with zero balance so I need to put more on again but that's not so important, at least I now know it works. I'll be straight on to the supplier tomorrow to zero off any debt from the previous tennant.

Cheers everyone :)

Shaun 18-02-2007 13:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ B (Post 34225196)

Which is want I told you several posts ago Russ. :disturbd:

AntiSilence 19-02-2007 07:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy MM (Post 34225215)
If the previous tenant was in arrears that would explain why extra money was taken from the meter, to pay off there account.

Well yeah, but it still ain't right! :p: