Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media Installation Issues (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   No programme (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33682593)

Ld30 08-11-2011 22:08

No programme

I bought a v box on eBay , I put my card in and all that comes up on screen is digital service will start shortly but it never does , ld:30 is on the display on box I tried holding ch - button but it just goes as far as ap:52 , need tv please help

spiderplant 08-11-2011 22:22

Re: No programme

I'm afraid you have wasted your money. Only boxes directly supplied by Virgin Media will work.

What do you mean by "I put my card in"? Are you already a VM TV customer?

Ld30 08-11-2011 22:31

Yes , my old box just stopped working , no display lights , so I bought this on eBay , There must be a way 2 reprogram it to suit my card ?

jungleguy 08-11-2011 22:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ld30 (Post 35327557)
I bought a v box on eBay , I put my card in and all that comes up on screen is digital service will start shortly but it never does , ld:30 is on the display on box I tried holding ch - button but it just goes as far as ap:52 , need tv please help

Let's get something straight, if you want services from virgin you will need to subscribe through the correct channels. I suggest you ring virgin, and pay a monthly subscription like everyone else. And yes you've wasted your money buying the v box off eBay.

Ld30 08-11-2011 22:37

Yes let's ! I am a paying customer and I called them , they can't send an engineer till saturday . Just thought this might save him the bother .

Jameseh 08-11-2011 22:39

You can always use the box as a doorstep.

Ld30 08-11-2011 22:42

And u can get a life and stop wasting my time on this !

beeman 09-11-2011 07:05

Im afraid the box you brought of ebay is nothing but a doorstop. You will have to wait ti saturday for the engneer to get your origional box working. i would also demand a refund from the ebay seller as there is zero chance of getting the box you brought working.

dontpannic 11-11-2011 13:20

It is technically handling stolen goods when purchasing VM equipment from eBay.
When the box you had stopped working just call faults and they'll swap the box out for free.

The reason it isn't booting properly is that its probably looking for the frequency of another part of the network, not the one you're in. However, the card would not be paired to the reciever so you'd only recieve a few channels of your subscription. I inherited a Pace reciever from someone down the road who moved in to the property and had a VM box left over. I plugged it in at home and it fired up, however the card had been deactivated so I could only recieve things like BBC1/2 ITV, Ch4 etc. When an engineer was passing I asked him if he wanted to take it back, but he said he'd have no way of booking it into the system and his bosses would ask where it came from, so he said best thing to do is just dump it, so I did.