Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Which telephone handset with answerphone? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33667718)

stoobloo 27-07-2010 10:46

Which telephone handset with answerphone?

I'm looking for a phone with in built answering machine that has a function to switch greeting messages on a timer.

So say at 6am it will playback greeting 1 and allow messages to be left. And at 6pm it will playback greeting 2 and allow messages to be left.

Looking at specifications of phones/answering machines it appears difficult to clarify this feature.

A dual handset would be ideal - either 2 cordless, or one corded and 1 cordless with answering machine.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Digital Fanatic 03-08-2010 01:24

Re: Which telephone handset with answerphone?

Quote:

Originally Posted by stoobloo (Post 35063104)
I'm looking for a phone with in built answering machine that has a function to switch greeting messages on a timer.

So say at 6am it will playback greeting 1 and allow messages to be left. And at 6pm it will playback greeting 2 and allow messages to be left.

Looking at specifications of phones/answering machines it appears difficult to clarify this feature.

A dual handset would be ideal - either 2 cordless, or one corded and 1 cordless with answering machine.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I've not heard of that feature before

tweetiepooh 03-08-2010 12:38

I had a colleague who used a PC with a modem in it as an answer phone. With some scripting you could do that.

Kymmy 03-08-2010 12:50

I've seen dual line answering machines that allow you to designate a different message to each line.. But for what you want to do it seems that there are only really two opion..

1# An answering service
2# A PC/Modem as some PC based answering/recording software will allow this feature

AndyCalling 05-08-2010 01:15

If you want a budget solution and don't mind the Heath Robinson approach, get two cheap answering machines and two digital mains socket timers, and a telephone socket trippler. With this, you can continue to use your current phone and set the machines to power up for their 'shift' answering your phone.

The bonus is, any visitors will be dead impressed with your shed-work phone :)~

pip_k 05-08-2010 16:06

If you search for a Siemens Gigaset C595 on Ebay

Answering machine features

Open listening at base station
Recording time up to 45 min., playback of messages from external phone
2 Predefined, 2 individual announcements
1 Mailbox, PIN-protected
Date and time announcement
Timed change between predefined and individual announcements
AM control via handset / via base station
Protection of recordings against power failure

It might do what you want.