Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Why do you stay with Virgin, even if you are unhappy with the TV service? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33676400)

Chad 02-04-2011 10:01

Why do you stay with Virgin, even if you are unhappy with the TV service?

Reading through the forums it's clear that some people aren't happy with the TV service Virgin provide.

What puzzles me is why people complain but do nothing about it. People are always drawing comparisons between the content SKY provide and the content they currently receive from Virgin. HD channels seems to be one of the most emotive issues.

The point of this thread is simple, why are people who are unhappy choosing to stay with Virgin even though they are unsatisfied with the content / service being provided?

Maggy 02-04-2011 10:33

Re: Why do you stay with Virgin, even if you are unhappy with the TV service?

Why did you leave out the I'm perfectly happy with Virgin Media option? :)

richard1960 02-04-2011 11:05

In my case i chose sky originally as i have been given permission from my housing association for a dish on my flat, but the dish would have to go on a pole to go just over the blocks roof in front of me,sky had four attempts at this sending youngsters around despite my having told them i needed a pole put up at height,i took four half days off work for appointments each time sky failed to send the right people and i lost holiday.

In the end out of frustration i phoned NTL and went with them now virgin media,the annoying thing also apart from my wasted holiday was an offer had just ended on sky and ntl which was for sky sports free for a year promotion due to skys performance i misssed out,after i had ntl installed sky rang me up about a week later and said if i still wanted to go with them,the orignal installation firm they gave the job to had now been dispensed with they would send better intallers around now if i wanted, my reply well its a family forum.:mad:

Hence i have been with NTL/virgin media ever since and am quite happy at the moment with sky sports Red Button on the way.:)

And i would now miss VOD if i left hence i opted for this on the vote.

TMLeafs 02-04-2011 11:07

My main reason is if I did leave to get the extra HD channels two months down the line Virgin will add another 10 HD channels lol. I'm giving them to the next footy season to add at least ESPN America! Or my TV side to going to sky!

Zing 02-04-2011 11:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggy J (Post 35204383)

because the question is aimed at people who are not happy with their tv services not people who are happy.

Adding your option to the poll would give false results and would ruin any statistical equation made at the end

I stay for the BB and get M tv free. I was on XL for the VOD but then HBO went and so did my interest

alwaysabear 02-04-2011 11:20

Broadband is the one reason why have not left so far, I am staying put for the time being. No doubt if I did leave to get the extra HD channels VM would add the promised extra channels. I am due to get infinity in my area within the next few months, if this happens I will give serious consideration to leaving, if no new HD channels are added.

scrooge 02-04-2011 11:36

Where's the "I don't want to pay BT £130 to get a landline installed" option? :D

Hugh 02-04-2011 11:42

Unfortunately, if you are happy, you can't vote, so you can't see any results.....

mhatter67 02-04-2011 11:45

I feel most people are comfortable with the idea of buying all of there services from one supplier namely Virgin, in most cases people don't want Phone from BT, TV from SKY and broadband from Virgin!

muppetman11 02-04-2011 11:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlayzell (Post 35204423)
I feel most people are comfortable with the idea of buying all of there services from one supplier namely Virgin, in most cases people don't want Phone from BT, TV from SKY and broadband from Virgin!

But don't other companies offer triple play ?

OLDGOLD 02-04-2011 11:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35204419)
Unfortunately, if you are happy, you can't vote, so you can't see any results.....

Click on "View Poll Results" at the bottom right hand corner.

alwaysabear 02-04-2011 11:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35204425)
But don't other companies offer triple play ?

They do ,but if you want to get the best BB its VM at the moment, I personally cannot afford to mix and match.

Chad 02-04-2011 11:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35204419)

Whoops!!!

I've started a few votes before, I just assumed everyone could click on View Poll Results if they didn't want to vote. Is this option is only available to me, and not everyone else?

Is there anyway I can change this? Some interesting results so far;)

denphone 02-04-2011 11:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad (Post 35204360)
Reading through the forums it's clear that some people aren't happy with the TV service Virgin provide.

What puzzles me is why people complain but do nothing about it. People are always drawing comparisons between the content SKY provide and the content they currently receive from Virgin. HD channels seems to be one of the most emotive issues.

The point of this thread is simple, why are people who are unhappy choosing to stay with Virgin even though they are unsatisfied with the content / service being provided?

l only stay with Virgin because we are not allowed a dish on the side of the house, its as simple as that, l do not have a go at Virgin just for the sake of it.
Virgins track record in the last year boils down to broken or vague promises in which they have fail to deliver on many fronts and then we have the mighty Tivo fiasco which is still ongoing.
Virgin need to look after their existing customers far better than they are currently and if they don,t l suspect they will lose many more customers to Sky.

OLDGOLD 02-04-2011 11:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggy J (Post 35204383)

Maybe an alternative poll should be set up for people happy with VM services, questioning what it is that is keeping them as a customer?

---------- Post added at 11:59 ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad (Post 35204428)
Whoops!!!

I've started a few votes before, I just assumed everyone could click on View Poll Results if they didn't want to vote. Is this option is only available to me, and not everyone else?

Is there anyway I can change this? Some interesting results so far;)

I can click on it.