Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   General : After 13 years with Virgin (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33687470)

Nor 04-05-2012 22:12

After 13 years with Virgin

I've taken the plunge and cancelled. I actually think Virgin is great, but £105 a month for my package and I don't even have Sky movies or Sports in HD, and haven't made a phonecall in a year. Just too expensive.

Time to move on.

carlwaring 04-05-2012 22:14

Re: After 13 years with Virgin

Well at least you gave them a call and asked them if there might be some deal available to reduce your monthly amount; right? I mean; who wouldn't?

Peter_ 04-05-2012 22:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlwaring (Post 35423498)
Well at least you gave them a call and asked them if there might be some deal available to reduce your monthly amount; right? I mean; who wouldn't?

That would have formed part of the call by default, they do not just say thank you and goodbye.

Mad Max 04-05-2012 22:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nor (Post 35423496)
I've taken the plunge and cancelled. I actually think Virgin is great, but £105 a month for my package and I don't even have Sky movies or Sports in HD, and haven't made a phonecall in a year. Just too expensive.

Time to move on.

For £105 a month mate you should have Sky Sports and the Movies, thats what i pay and im on the VIP package with 4 boxes, i'd be asking questions if i was you.

mikcoles 04-05-2012 23:19

Quote:

Time to move on.

I would try ringing, I am long term customer who had a call from them tonight offering me the VIP Collection for 103 .90. This is 100mb broadband and includes Sky sports and Movies and Talk unlimited.

Sirius 05-05-2012 00:00

Quote:

Time to move on.

That price seems wrong on so many levels ?

Nor 05-05-2012 00:02

Hi lads; I did ring to cancel. The lady was very nice, explained that I should reduce my packages etc to save money etc. She was very nice, persistent, but I think I am kinda finished.

I genuinely do like Virgin, 13 years+ so far, but it's just too expensive. I am planning to go to BT Vision. I know it's not going to be as good, but it will be half the price, albeit for a poorer service.

carlwaring 05-05-2012 00:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nor (Post 35423531)
explained that I should reduce my packages etc to save money etc.

I'd try again because, as some have explained already, there should be more they can do.

Jimmy-J 05-05-2012 02:28

Get back on the phone to them and press the button that they tell you to press if you're thinking of leaving, and ask for a better deal. Don't just give up your services without a fight. Especially if you are happy with the service you get.

Superblade7 05-05-2012 06:22

Nor,

I would advise as per the other posters to ring and speak to retentions on the 'thinking of leaving us option' and tell them exactly what services you want and roughly what you are willing to pay.

I've been a little peeved lately with the recent price increase and little to show for it in terms of new channels, etc, but have always been happy with VM's services. As I'm recently out of contract I rang up just the other day, advised them I didn't particularly wish to leave but told them what I wanted and the comparable offer with Sky. They worked out the best price they could offer me for my requirements and I was content to accept and renew my contract for 12 months.

I am pretty sure they would be willing to keep you as a customer too. You don't mention what services you have but if you currently pay £105, you could switch to the new VIP Collection for £103.90 and pretty much get everything they have to offer including your Sky HD channels - http://store.virginmedia.com/bundles/vip.html

Hope this helps and good luck getting a better deal.

andy_m 05-05-2012 10:11

I can't imagine where they get £105 from, but if I'm reading the op correctly, he doesn't want to increase his services, but reduce his bill. Assuming that the current cost includes some heavy call charges not included in his packages, the vip deal will probably increase his bill and give him channels he's not bothered about.

Angua 05-05-2012 10:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy_m (Post 35423605)
I can't imagine where they get £105 from, but if I'm reading the op correctly, he doesn't want to increase his services, but reduce his bill. Assuming that the current cost includes some heavy call charges not included in his packages, the vip deal will probably increase his bill and give him channels he's not bothered about.

Suspect they are one of those who have never bothered to review their package so are paying the top rates for everything.

However, without knowing exactly what they have (only they do not get Sky Sports & Movies) it is hared to say where & why they are paying over the top.

nodrogd 05-05-2012 11:36

Phone up and haggle. You wouldn't think of doing anything else if it was a car insurance quote. If you don't haggle, you don't get!

TbGbe 05-05-2012 12:09

Quote:

Time to move on.

Reading this again (and looking at his old posts... )

He has
50Mb BB
TiVo (with Sky Movies and Sports - but only in SD) - guess TV XL
Phone M {guess as he says no calls}

So using Premiere Collection and Bundle builder for SKY M&Sp comes to 88.40

So just guessing - add extra TV (say Adult collection) comes to 105.40 per month. So the cost (for package *could* be OK).

So only money saving by "losing" some TV add-ons (or whatever it is that bumps the cost above 88.40)??

jb66 05-05-2012 13:18

I don't understand, your going to bt vision, that's like comparing apples to pears? If so why not downgrade virgin to m+ tv with TiVo?