Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   NTL d5100 - Help! (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33633947)

brryssn 03-06-2008 14:11

NTL d5100 - Help!

Hi,

I desperately need help with our NTl d5100 Dect Phone with built-in Answerphone.

The Answerphone was accidentally switched off (how I don't know!!) and I can't for the life of me remember how to reset it!

I've tried messing about with the Menu but just can't get it to work - I'm obviously not setting it correctly. I've switched it off at the mains & re-started it but no joy. I'm lost without the Answerphone a I need it for work, so if anyone could let me know I would be so grateful.

I'm reluctant to pay out for replacement instructions as I know ours are here somewhere - I've found every other Manual from years back but not them!!

Hope someone can help. :

Sue

Simbo 03-06-2008 16:57

Re: NTL d5100 - Help!

Hi,

I'm not sure if mine is the exact same model but you could try CLEAR then 8.

Simbo

brryssn 03-06-2008 17:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simbo (Post 34566589)
Hi,

I'm not sure if mine is the exact same model but you could try CLEAR then 8.

Simbo

Hi,

Just tried that & BINGO! the phone goes on the Answerphone & I can now hear my outgoing message, but when I tried to leave a message to test it, there's no message left. There was no beep before you leave a message so something obviously still needs to be done - any idea what?!
At least I'm halfway there thanks to you! I've been tearing my hair out trying to fathom it. Must be getting old!:)

Simbo 03-06-2008 17:47

Hi,

Just a guess, but is the message memory full? Try deleting messages, maybe via the menu. (I'm not at home right now - so no manual to check.)

Simbo

brryssn 03-06-2008 17:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simbo (Post 34566639)
Hi,

Just a guess, but is the message memory full? Try deleting messages, maybe via the menu. (I'm not at home right now - so no manual to check.)

Simbo

Nope - just tried doing that & still no joy - my mind has just gone blank trying to figure it out! If you can look in your manual when you get a minute that would be great! Thanks so much!:)

Simbo 03-06-2008 21:00

Hi,

Yes, mine's a d5100.

Reading the manual -troubleshooting - The answering machine does not record calls -

some really obvious plug in and switch on stuff.

Delete messages (keys on main handset are labelled - not via menu as I suggested.) You've done that.

"Follow complete setup procedure and repeat if necessary."

"Try switching of the power at main socket, turn it on and try again after a few seconds."

Thats all.

Good luck,

Simbo

brryssn 03-06-2008 21:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simbo (Post 34566872)
Hi,

Yes, mine's a d5100.

Reading the manual -troubleshooting - The answering machine does not record calls -

some really obvious plug in and switch on stuff.

Delete messages (keys on main handset are labelled - not via menu as I suggested.) You've done that.

"Follow complete setup procedure and repeat if necessary."

"Try switching of the power at main socket, turn it on and try again after a few seconds."

Thats all.

Good luck,

Simbo

I'll have another go but done all of that - can't remember the complete setup procedure but will go back & have another try!! Thanks again for all your help!

mouqeet 03-06-2008 21:28

Why dont you take it to a repair shop they will definetly fix it ?

brryssn 04-06-2008 08:41

Many thanks for the help & advice, but I've now managed to download a copy of the instructions from someone & so have it sorted out now!

I'd been able to get it on to the Answerphone yesterday, but it wasn't recording - it was because it was on Answer Mode only & not Answer Record!

All done now though!

Thanks again! :)

Sue

Adds 06-06-2010 15:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by brryssn (Post 34566457)
Hi,

I desperately need help with our NTl d5100 Dect Phone with built-in Answerphone.

The Answerphone was accidentally switched off (how I don't know!!) and I can't for the life of me remember how to reset it!

I've tried messing about with the Menu but just can't get it to work - I'm obviously not setting it correctly. I've switched it off at the mains & re-started it but no joy. I'm lost without the Answerphone a I need it for work, so if anyone could let me know I would be so grateful.

I'm reluctant to pay out for replacement instructions as I know ours are here somewhere - I've found every other Manual from years back but not them!!

Hope someone can help. :

Sue

To switch the answer machine On or Off, press the Clear button to access the answering machine, then press the On/Off button, the display will change to ANS ON or ANS Off

I put away my d5100 some years ago. how can't find the power adapter (CAT pc-0715/0730-AVD/DVD(BS) would anyone have one that they don't use anymore, Thanks