Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Sky Services Chat (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33684847)

muppetman11 22-01-2012 11:46

Sky Services Chat

A place to discuss Sky services eg Sky Apps , Sky BB , Sky Talk etc.

Just checked my bill online and under the Sky BB section I've noticed it says Wifi Coming 2012 , I'm thinking this relates to the Sky Anywhere product and Sky's purchase of The Cloud.
http://wifi.sky.com/

Doz007 22-01-2012 12:39

Re: Sky Services Chat

Is the Showcase section on the iPad Sky+ app broken today for anyone else? The formatting isnt correct towards the end of the slide and a couple of things dont have titles today? :(

muppetman11 22-01-2012 12:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doz007 (Post 35367192)
Is the Showcase section on the iPad Sky+ app broken today for anyone else? The formatting isnt correct towards the end of the slide and a couple of things dont have titles today? :(

Looks to be , on the Man City picture and the elephant.

Doz007 22-01-2012 13:10

Yeah, that's the one. The first time I've ever seen something like that. These apps are usually hugely polished. :)

With the Sky wifi cloud you linked to, is that similar to what VM are planning for London or just shops with a wireless router in?

muppetman11 22-01-2012 13:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doz007 (Post 35367210)
Yeah, that's the one. The first time I've ever seen something like that. These apps are usually hugely polished. :)

With the Sky wifi cloud you linked to, is that similar to what VM are planning for London or just shops with a wireless router in?

BSKYB now own The Cloud who provide Wifi in places like McDonalds , pubs , coffee shops etc , when it's fully launched Sky BB subscribers will be able to use these wifi hotspots with unlimited use by signing in with their Sky id and I'm sure I saw it mentioned eventually be able to stream Sky Go on their decices in these locations.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/4...to-sky-go.html

Doz007 22-01-2012 13:31

Great stuff, thanks for the link. I didn't realise that there's a 2 device limit for Sky Go, that's surprisingly restrictive. I can think of 5 devices that I'd like to use the service on, have you heard anything abou them increasing that limit?

muppetman11 22-01-2012 13:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doz007 (Post 35367220)
Great stuff, thanks for the link. I didn't realise that there's a 2 device limit for Sky Go, that's surprisingly restrictive. I can think of 5 devices that I'd like to use the service on, have you heard anything abou them increasing that limit?

I agree with you it is , the problem is too many devices would probably result in people giving friends their Sky id allowing them to watch movies and sport without subscribing. I use Sky Go on my iPad and iPhone 4S , you can change devices month to month but can only have two registered at once.

muppetman11 23-01-2012 19:03

Sky Zeebox App

Just found the article below about Sky's tie up with Zeebox it would appear if you read the comments from Simon Miller that after the web and iOS versions Android and other versions are next so at least it shouldn't just be restricted to iPhone users , if you read Zeebox's about us it would appear Simon Miller is the Chief of Product & Content Development for Zeebox.

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/homecinema/s...hone-50006589/
http://zeebox.com/about-us

---------- Post added at 19:03 ---------- Previous post was at 18:35 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doz007 (Post 35367192)

The showcase on the Sky+ iPad app seems to be back to normal today :)

Doz007 23-01-2012 20:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35368032)
Sky Zeebox App

Just found the article below about Sky's tie up with Zeebox it would appear if you read the comments from Simon Miller that after the web and iOS versions Android and other versions are next so at least it shouldn't just be restricted to iPhone users , if you read Zeebox's about us it would appear Simon Miller is the Chief of Product & Content Development for Zeebox.

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/homecinema/s...hone-50006589/
http://zeebox.com/about-us

---------- Post added at 19:03 ---------- Previous post was at 18:35 ----------

The showcase on the Sky+ iPad app seems to be back to normal today :)

Yeah, I think it was definately a one off. I've been using the app for around a year and thats the first time I've ever seen it.

I'm really looking forward to Sky integrating the Zeebox software into thier apps. Alongside them enabling direct planner access and remote control functionallity this will take the Sky+ experience to a whole new level.

Let's just hope Sky don't take as long releasing it as VM have with the TiVo iOS app. :p:

muppetman11 23-01-2012 20:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doz007 (Post 35368085)
Yeah, I think it was definately a one off. I've been using the app for around a year and thats the first time I've ever seen it.

I'm really looking forward to Sky integrating the Zeebox software into thier apps. Alongside them enabling direct planner access and remote control functionallity this will take the Sky+ experience to a whole new level.

Let's just hope Sky don't take as long releasing it as VM have with the TiVo iOS app. :p:

If you click the first result in my link and read the Q&A it says the following
We’ll be doing extensive research over the next six to 12 months to understand which areas our customers are enjoying and which they are not, so we can keep improving the product.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Q%26A:+Emma+Llo...products,+Sky+

It sounds like it could be released sooner rather than later but again it's just speculation.

Doz007 23-01-2012 21:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35368090)
If you click the first result in my link and read the Q&A it says the following
We’ll be doing extensive research over the next six to 12 months to understand which areas our customers are enjoying and which they are not, so we can keep improving the product.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Q%26A:+Emma+Llo...products,+Sky+

It sounds like it could be released sooner rather than later but again it's just speculation.

:D You're like an endless wealth of Sky related links and knowledge!

Sounds really promising, Sky are really leading the UK market in this field and I hop they continue to innovate, pushing the boundaries of what is possible.

I was watching take me out yesterday with the mrs' and she kept pointing out dresses and shoes that she really liked. Zeebox could potentially highlight the clothes being worn, allowing us to get a little more info and even purchase them! :shocked:

muppetman11 23-01-2012 21:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doz007 (Post 35368126)
:D You're like an endless wealth of Sky related links and knowledge!

Sounds really promising, Sky are really leading the UK market in this field and I hop they continue to innovate, pushing the boundaries of what is possible.

I was watching take me out yesterday with the mrs' and she kept pointing out dresses and shoes that she really liked. Zeebox could potentially highlight the clothes being worn, allowing us to get a little more info and even purchase them! :shocked:

LOL could end up costing you a fortune :D the zeebox app claims to work currently with TIVO although it does say you need to enable Network remote on the box so not sure whether this update will have killed that function.

Doz007 23-01-2012 22:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35368133)
LOL could end up costing you a fortune :D the zeebox app claims to work currently with TIVO although it does say you need to enable Network remote on the box so not sure whether this update will have killed that function.

Wow, thanks for the heads up! I've just had a quick play with it and its certainly slick and impressive.

On the Deep Blue Sea some music starting playing and it zee tagged the OST to buy directly on iTunes. :)

It even controls the TiVo. :shocked:

muppetman11 23-01-2012 22:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doz007 (Post 35368148)
Wow, thanks for the heads up! I've just had a quick play with it and its certainly slick and impressive.

On the Deep Blue Sea some music starting playing and it zee tagged the OST to buy directly on iTunes. :)

It even controls the TiVo. :shocked:

See its not all duff info I give you LOL :D yes it looks quite good I'm looking forward to seeing how it's integrated with Sky+.

Doz007 23-01-2012 22:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35368152)
See its not all duff info I give you LOL :D yes it looks quite good I'm looking forward to seeing how it's integrated with Sky+.

:p: lol no way mate, you're definitely the man in the know when it comes to Sky news!

I've just made a very quick video giving a little look at the interface and TiVo control etc.

http://youtu.be/tIgDiKpKtVc

LexDiamond 25-01-2012 07:33

I currently do not have an active phone line but wiring in to the house does exist from before. If I move my BB to Sky and then get their landline, will they just activate the old wiring or can I ask them to instal a new line and socket (in to a room which did not previously have a socket).

muppetman11 25-01-2012 10:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by LexDiamond (Post 35368829)
I currently do not have an active phone line but wiring in to the house does exist from before. If I move my BB to Sky and then get their landline, will they just activate the old wiring or can I ask them to instal a new line and socket (in to a room which did not previously have a socket).

I think you can ask for a new line , but they charge around 39.00 I believe , you should be able to get a speed estimate off the Sky site with just your postcode.

LexDiamond 25-01-2012 11:33

My access line speed estimate is between 12.2 - 19mbps so shouldn't be too far off my VM speed once all factors are taken in to account.

I need the landline for my multi room anyway and Sky phone + BB is cheaper than VM plus I can get 6 months free.

Whats the deal with restricting the BB speed to 4mbps to begin with. Does this always last 10 days or do they get this sorted quicker than that?

muppetman11 25-01-2012 12:21

It starts creeping up after a couple of days it's to ascertain the best speed your line can handle.

LexDiamond 25-01-2012 12:31

They allow cancellation if I get 8.8 mbps or below so win win for me.

muppetman11 25-01-2012 12:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by LexDiamond (Post 35368931)
They allow cancellation if I get 8.8 mbps or below so win win for me.

I get 9mb my estimate was 4.5-11mb . You should see over 15 I would think , a HD movie takes about 60-90 secs to be available on my 9mb so yours should be considerably quicker.

Doz007 25-01-2012 18:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35368934)
I get 9mb my estimate was 4.5-11mb . You should see over 15 I would think , a HD movie takes about 60-90 secs to be available on my 9mb so yours should be considerably quicker.

Your estimate is pretty much the same as what Sky say I should get based on postcode. How far away is your exchange according to samknows?

muppetman11 25-01-2012 18:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doz007 (Post 35369086)
Your estimate is pretty much the same as what Sky say I should get based on postcode. How far away is your exchange according to samknows?

It says 2.36km

According to BT Wholesale, houses at your postcode should be able to support

up to 2Mbps via ADSL
5Mbps or greater ADSL connection via ADSL Max
6Mbps or greater via ADSL2+

Standard ADSL RAG results

Lex says that Sky give you a guaranteed speed allowing you to cancel if your nowhere near it.

LexDiamond 25-01-2012 19:05

Yeah on the Sky website postcode checker it gives a range of speeds you can receive and then states a minimum speed for your address that they think Sky BB will give. The page states that if after 10 days you don't have at least the minimum stated speed you can cancel the contract any time in the first three months.

With 6 months free anyway its worth a punt.

muppetman11 25-01-2012 19:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by LexDiamond (Post 35369124)
Yeah on the Sky website postcode checker it gives a range of speeds you can receive and then states a minimum speed for your address that they think Sky BB will give. The page states that if after 10 days you don't have at least the minimum stated speed you can cancel the contract any time in the first three months.

I've had mine in a good few months now and it's been excellent granted 9mb isnt the quickest but it copes perfectly well with Netflix in HD , iplayer HD , Anytime+ and for an unlimited service 7.50 is great and free for 6 months is even better.

Doz007 25-01-2012 19:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by LexDiamond (Post 35369124)

I'm reading that as if your actual speed is significantly below the estimate you can cancel within the first 3 months. 3.9mb is mentioned as a benchmark.

Maybe I'm reading it incorrectly? :erm:

muppetman11 25-01-2012 20:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doz007 (Post 35369147)
I'm reading that as if your actual speed is significantly below the estimate you can cancel within the first 3 months. 3.9mb is mentioned as a benchmark.

That's exactly how I read it.

bubblegun 26-01-2012 00:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by LexDiamond (Post 35368829)

The line is installed by Openreach so they will NOT fit a new socket if one is already there. They will simply reactivate the existing socket.
If there is a wire but no socket they will just fit a new socket where the old one was.

If you want the socket re-located then Sky cannot help. or more precisely you will need to escalate to tier2 and YOU will need to pay the install costs £150+

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doz007 (Post 35369147)

You need to ask what the minimum speed is.

They do not have to tell you if you do not ask.

If they fail to provide this minimum speed then you need to go to technical then get the problem escalated.
Only tier2 technical can exempt you from the contract and they have to put a specific note on your account.
No note then you cannot cancel.

So not quite as simple as it would seem.

muppetman11 31-01-2012 06:01

Sky Go update available in app store for ios devices.

The update now adds access to Sky Atlantic via Sky Go.

muppetman11 31-01-2012 09:42

Broadcaster BSkyB announces internet TV service

Quote:

Broadcaster BSkyB started the fightback against competition Netflix and YouView today as it announced a new internet TV service.

Launching in the first half of this year, the service will be aimed at the 13 million households who do not subscribe to pay-TV.

It will initially allow customers to pay to download films without a contract or a satellite dish but will expand its offer to include sport and entertainment soon afterwards.

Sky's TV sales will face growing competition with the launch in the summer of YouView, an internet-connected set-top box involving the BBC, ITV and BT.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...e-6297348.html

---------- Post added at 09:42 ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 ----------

Sky Go expansion plans

Quote:

Just five months after its launch, 2.5 million customers have used our Sky Go service to access a range of movies, sports and entertainment channels through PCs, laptops, X-boxes, smartphones and tablets. In November, we expanded the range of content available on the Sky Go mobile application with the launch of a constantly updating library of 600 on demand movie titles from all the major studios. As a result, Sky Go reached a new high of 1.5 million monthly unique users in December. Looking ahead, we will launch Sky Go on the Android platform in February, representing a base of five million devices in the UK. We also plan to expand the channel line-up on our Sky Go mobile service, starting with the addition of Sky Atlantic, closely followed by Sky 1, Sky Living and Sky Sports F1.
http://corporate.sky.com/documents/p...ase_1112_final

LexDiamond 31-01-2012 09:45

Shame Sky Go won't be available on PS3.

muppetman11 31-01-2012 09:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by LexDiamond (Post 35372548)
Shame Sky Go won't be available on PS3.

Who knows maybe it will be in the future.

muppetman11 31-01-2012 14:06

Sky builds on broadband growth with increased coverage, 10,000 WiFi hotspots and new fibre launch

http://corporate.sky.com/media/press...w_fibre_launch

Quote:

Providing customers with free WiFi wherever they are: Sky will shortly launch its public Wi-Fi service, powered by The Cloud. This will provide Sky Broadband Unlimited customers with free access to more than 10,000 hotspots across the UK. Available in venues such as Caffe Nero, Pizza Express and Wagamama, Sky customers will enjoy seamless and convenient access to public WiFi. This will prove particularly valuable for customers who access Sky content on the go, with high quality wireless delivering an even better experience for Sky Go and Sky’s other video-rich applications.
Adding choice with Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre: Sky is to give customers even more choice by adding a fibre broadband product to its range from April. For £20 a month, customers will be able to access download speeds of up to 40 megabits with a totally unlimited product that has no usage caps. From launch the new product will be available to around 30% of UK homes, growing over time in line with BT’s fibre roll-out programme.

muppetman11 01-02-2012 17:55

cable.co.uk claim Sky 1 , Sky Living and Sky Arts 1 are set to launch on Sky Go within the next month.

http://www.cable.co.uk/news/sky-atla...day-801280864/

Doz007 02-02-2012 18:18

Anybody know what the 2nd app from the left on the top row is?

https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/...2012/02/58.jpg

It can be seen on the new Sky Go advert promoting Sky Atlantic being added to the service. :)

muppetman11 02-02-2012 19:03

The only app on the app store similar is Sky Guida TV (Sky Italia) could that be a play/ff type writing underneath where it says Sky.

New to cable 02-02-2012 19:33

I have not seen that app before, but then I only have 6 apps on my iPhone/iPad

The..............

Sky-go App
Sky+ App
Sky-Movies App
Sky-Sports App
Sky-Sports football App
Sky-Sports news App

Ooh its good to be a Sky customer. Does anyone know of a Sky-F1 App?

muppetman11 02-02-2012 19:44

Sky F1 will be added to Sky Go along with Sky Living , Sky Arts and Sky One , I would imagine it will also get coverage on the Sky Sports news app.

Doz007 02-02-2012 19:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35374343)
The only app on the app store similar is Sky Guida TV (Sky Italia) could that be a play/ff type writing underneath where it says Sky.

It could be that I guess but it would be a strange inclusion when all the other apps are for bskyb. I thought it might have been a sneak peek at the SkyF1 app.

That's the best shot i could get during the advert advert, I don't recall seeing any writing within the app logo it looked more like a green trace line you'd get on a hospital heart monitor.

muppetman11 02-02-2012 20:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doz007 (Post 35374386)
It could be that I guess but it would be a strange inclusion when all the other apps are for bskyb. I thought it might have been a sneak peek at the SkyF1 app.

That's the best shot i could get during the advert advert, I don't recall seeing any writing within the app logo it looked more like a green trace line you'd get on a hospital heart monitor.

We'll have to wait and see , on the Sky F1 Q&A sky say there won't be a dedicated Sky Sports F1 app but it will be included on Sky Go and sky sports news app.

New to cable 02-02-2012 22:28

Ok, I've just searched BskyB apps on my ipad and I think that app is the "Team sky cycling" app or maybe the "Got to dance" app.

I think more likely the Team sky cycling app.

muppetman11 02-02-2012 22:53

Just looked your right could possibly be Team Sky cycling.

LexDiamond 10-02-2012 07:58

Free Disneyland Paris tickets for Sky customers -

https://rewards.sky.com/skyloyalty/h....comhero_Feb12

LexDiamond 15-02-2012 16:30

Tomorrow is the last day to take advantage of the 6 months free Sky BB offer.

muppetman11 15-02-2012 17:34

Could this be Sky testing the water for local news just spotted it on DS.

Sky Tyne and wear
Quote:

A new website has been launched by Sky for people in Tyne and Wear, providing them with local news, sport and events.
The pilot site employs a team of locally-based video journalists who aim to produce an in-depth view of life, local stories and sport, from top flight to lower league.
The service is also available on mobile tablets and smartphones.
In addition to the news generated locally, stories from Sky News and Sky Sports News with specific local interest will also be included.
Sky Tyne and Wear will give local people the opportunity to highlight news and events in their own area and provide a new platform for community engagement.
The website includes a listings section, where people can submit details of their own events, from family fun runs to local theatre productions.
Since plans for the pilot were announced last September, 13 journalists have been recruited and trained in filming, new media production and remote editing.
Simon Bucks, an associate editor at Sky News, said: "The launch of Sky Tyne and Wear provides a great opportunity to explore the possibility of creating a genuinely local news, sport and listings service.
"The team on the ground will dedicate themselves to covering the local news agenda, including community events and lower league football teams, as well as big events like the Great North Run, all subject to Sky’s high editorial standards.
"There is a famous sense of local pride in Tyne and Wear and we hope that the new service is well received by people here."
For more details, visit sky.com/tyneandwear
http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16169669

Sky Tyne and Wear website
http://tyneandwear.sky.com/

muppetman11 20-02-2012 15:52

Sky Go live TV app launches on Android smartphones , more channels added to Sky Go on mobile.

Quote:

The Sky Go app is now downloadable from the Android market, available on various handsets including the HTC Desire S and Samsung Galaxy S2.

Sky TV customers can access various live TV channels on their Android smartphones, including all five Sky Sports channels, ESPN, Sky News and Sky Movies (in line with their subscription).

Also today, Sky has added various entertainment channels to Sky Go, including Sky1, Sky Living and Sky Arts, joining the already available Sky Atlantic. The new Sky Sports F1 channel will launch on the platform on March 9, showing all action from Formula One.

"We're extremely happy to announce the rollout of Sky Go on selected Android handsets today and the arrival of the Sky Entertainment channels to mobile devices," said Holly Knill, the head of Sky Go.

"We are always working to ensure that Sky customers have more ways to watch content they love, whether it's the big Premiership game, Emmy and Golden Globe winner Modern Family or Ruth Jones's Stella, and this is exactly what this enhanced version of Sky Go delivers."

Sky Go supported Android handsets include: HTC Desire, HTC Desire S, HTC Desire HD, HTC Incredible S, HTC Sensation, Samsung Galaxy S and Samsung Galaxy S2

Sky said that Sky Movies on-demand content will launch on the Android app "later in 2012". It also said that Sky Arts will be made available on Apple iOS devices from February 21.
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tech/new...artphones.html

LexDiamond 20-02-2012 16:12

Works great for me on Galaxy S2

Doz007 20-02-2012 18:01

Although I'm an iOS man it's great to see Sky expanding their SkyGo audience by opening it up to the Andriod folks. :)

LexDiamond 20-02-2012 18:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doz007 (Post 35385205)
Although I'm an iOS man it's great to see Sky expanding their SkyGo audience by opening it up to the Andriod folks. :)

My life has definitely changed for the better :D

Doz007 20-02-2012 18:40

Likewise I'm delighted with the new channels being added to the service alongside the Android launch. Great news all around! :D

muppetman11 20-02-2012 21:19

Don't know whether you both agree but I'd like to now see Sky Atlantic , Sky One , Sky Living added to the Anytime section of the Sky Go app allowing you to catch the last 7 days shows similar to the Iplayer app on mobile/tablet.

LexDiamond 21-02-2012 09:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35385297)
Don't know whether you both agree but I'd like to now see Sky Atlantic , Sky One , Sky Living added to the Anytime section of the Sky Go app allowing you to catch the last 7 days shows similar to the Iplayer app on mobile/tablet.

IMO having that feature would be huge for Sky customers. An Iplayer style catch up service would probably be bigger than any of the other serviced Sky are rumoured to be introducing.

Edit: Is it just me or is the show Brick City (Sky Atlantic) missing from Never Miss?

muppetman11 21-02-2012 09:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by LexDiamond (Post 35385445)
IMO having that feature would be huge for Sky customers. An Iplayer style catch up service would probably be bigger than any of the other serviced Sky are rumoured to be introducing.

Edit: Is it just me or is the show Brick City (Sky Atlantic) missing from Never Miss?

There is a form you can fill in to see things listed that are currently missing.

LexDiamond 21-02-2012 19:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35385459)
There is a form you can fill in to see things listed that are currently missing.

Didnt see the form right under the results :o:

muppetman11 22-02-2012 21:20

It would appear Comcast are to launch a similar Internet service to that Sky has recently announced , trying to compete head on with Netflix in the US

Quote:

Cable giant Comcast is to unveil a video-streaming service in another blow to Netflix’s dominance.
The firm will allow U.S. customers a similar selection of old TV shows and movies over the web for $4.99 a month - $3 less than its rival.
The service, called Xfinity Streampix, will be available this week to the company’s existing subscribers.
Quote:

A slew of rivals on both sides of the Atlantic are aiming to take on Netflix, which recently launched in the UK.
Broadcaster BSkyB announced a new internet which will allow British households to pay to download films without a contract or a satellite dish.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...g-service.html

LexDiamond 01-03-2012 08:06

How do I activate Anytime+ online?

I logged in to MySky and then went to check equipment, under which there is section for existing customers. When I click on this it takes me to a page where I can add further services. At the bottom of the page there is Anytime+ which says added already on it. When I hover over the added button it just says it is free of charge. If I click on basket it is empty. How do I actually activate the service?

muppetman11 01-03-2012 10:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by LexDiamond (Post 35390887)
How do I activate Anytime+ online?

I logged in to MySky and then went to check equipment, under which there is section for existing customers. When I click on this it takes me to a page where I can add further services. At the bottom of the page there is Anytime+ which says added already on it. When I hover over the added button it just says it is free of charge. If I click on basket it is empty. How do I actually activate the service?

Probably already activated , it can take upto 24hrs but in reality is usually running in under 12 hrs , if not then give them a ring.

LexDiamond 01-03-2012 11:17

Is it possible they could have activated when I joined even though I did not ask for it?

muppetman11 01-03-2012 12:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by LexDiamond (Post 35391000)
Is it possible they could have activated when I joined even though I did not ask for it?

Let me know , if you get it up and running :)

LexDiamond 01-03-2012 21:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35391018)
Let me know , if you get it up and running :)

I now have Anytime+ showing in MySky so have to wait for it to show up on my stb.

muppetman11 01-03-2012 21:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by LexDiamond (Post 35391334)
I now have Anytime+ showing in MySky so have to wait for it to show up on my stb.

How have you got your STB connected ? Wireless , Homeplug or Ethernet.

LexDiamond 01-03-2012 21:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35391337)
How have you got your STB connected ? Wireless , Homeplug or Ethernet.

I'm using a Netgear wifi adapter.

muppetman11 01-03-2012 21:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by LexDiamond (Post 35391334)

Quote:

Originally Posted by LexDiamond (Post 35391342)
I'm using a Netgear wifi adapter.

Have you checked everything is ok by going to Settings - Network

LexDiamond 01-03-2012 21:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35391347)
Have you checked everything is ok by going to Settings - Network

My local and service connection are on, I have an IP address and DHCP is o so I think all is fine with the adapter and connection.

Edit: Its on. Wasn't expecting S1of Boatdwalk Empire and Borgias to be on there :D

muppetman11 01-03-2012 22:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by LexDiamond (Post 35391371)
My local and service connection are on, I have an IP address and DHCP is o so I think all is fine with the adapter and connection.

Edit: Its on. Wasn't expecting S1of Boatdwalk Empire and Borgias to be on there :D

Yep some decent shows this month
http://www.sky.com/shop/tv/anytime-plus/whats-on/

Doz007 01-03-2012 22:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by LexDiamond (Post 35391371)

They'd better still be there when Sky open it up for other ISPs. Are they available in HD?

muppetman11 01-03-2012 22:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doz007 (Post 35391383)
They'd better still be there when Sky open it up for other ISPs. Are they available in HD?

Very little entertainment content on Anytime+ is in HD , on the Sky help forum they reckon it will start to get added , Sky One stuff being first.

LexDiamond 02-03-2012 07:42

That's for your help with set up MM :tu:

Downloaded S1 of Boardwalk Empire over night and the Netgear wifi adapter seems to work a treat.

muppetman11 02-03-2012 08:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by LexDiamond (Post 35391478)
That's for your help with set up MM :tu:

Downloaded S1 of Boardwalk Empire over night and the Netgear wifi adapter seems to work a treat.

No probs glad your up and running , strange thing with Boardwalk Empire , if you press Red and go into Anytime hit your left arrow and highlight channels , then select Sky Atlantic it lists Boardwalk Empire in HD also , although certain episodes appear to be missing.

LexDiamond 02-03-2012 19:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35391483)
No probs glad your up and running , strange thing with Boardwalk Empire , if you press Red and go into Anytime hit your left arrow and highlight channels , then select Sky Atlantic it lists Boardwalk Empire in HD also , although certain episodes appear to be missing.

I saw that too and was surprised because on the Sky forum they said there would be little HD outside of movies and even when it did arrive it would be Sky 1 shows mostly.

LexDiamond 04-03-2012 21:54

Just checked and the HD file for Boardwalk Empire has all episodes included.

muppetman11 07-03-2012 17:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by LexDiamond (Post 35392941)
Just checked and the HD file for Boardwalk Empire has all episodes included.

Yep same here now :)

LexDiamond 07-03-2012 18:58

I'm not 100% sure as I have not had Anytime+ too long, but general browsing seems to show a lot more HD content in tv shows than when I first joined.

muppetman11 07-03-2012 19:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by LexDiamond (Post 35395059)
I'm not 100% sure as I have not had Anytime+ too long, but general browsing seems to show a lot more HD content in tv shows than when I first joined.

Yes there is more , how long did yours take to come on from connecting the box up ?

LexDiamond 07-03-2012 19:16

It was approximately two hours between connecting the stb and then receiving the message that it is connected to the internet to seeing Anytime+ on my stb.

muppetman11 08-03-2012 10:37

Sky could offer pay-as-you-go OTT

Quote:

BSkyB’s planned over-the-top, Internet-delivered TV service – scheduled for launch in the first half of 2012 – could see a new pay-per-view and pay-as-you-go approach.
Since its launch in analogue DTH days, Sky’s business model has been based on monthly subscriptions on a contract basis, but according to Andrew Griffith, Chief Financial Officer at BSkyB, OTT platforms facilitate different payment models.
http://advanced-television.com/index...as-you-go-ott/

muppetman11 08-03-2012 14:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by LexDiamond (Post 35395078)
It was approximately two hours between connecting the stb and then receiving the message that it is connected to the internet to seeing Anytime+ on my stb.

My multiroom box is now up and running with Anytime+ after a call to Sky.

muppetman11 09-03-2012 16:20

Sky prepares for 1080p Apple iPad HD / iPad 3 apps

Quote:

Ahead of tonight’s Apple iPad 3 come iPad HD release announcement, broadcasting giant Sky has suggested it is working to prepare its applications for the expected introduction of a high-definition Retina display.
http://www.t3.com/news/sky-prepares-...hd-ipad-3-apps

LexDiamond 10-03-2012 10:13

I had an email from Sky on Thursday which I would like to confirm details from.

It says Boardwalk Empire S2 and Gavin and Stacey S1 are on Antime+. I don't have these shows on my stb. Does anyone else have these show on their Anytime+?

Also the email said my Anytime+ activation was incomplete but I have been downloading regularly from it including yesterday.

muppetman11 10-03-2012 10:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by LexDiamond (Post 35396869)
I had an email from Sky on Thursday which I would like to confirm details from.

It says Boardwalk Empire S2 and Gavin and Stacey S1 are on Antime+. I don't have these shows on my stb. Does anyone else have these show on their Anytime+?

Also the email said my Anytime+ activation was incomplete but I have been downloading regularly from it including yesterday.

I believe Gavin and Stacey S1 has expired , Boardwalk Empire S2 was available episode by episode in catchup I believe. Hope this helps , I've found the emails and website can occasionally be wrong.

LexDiamond 10-03-2012 10:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35396880)
I believe Gavin and Stacey S1 has expired , Boardwalk Empire S2 was available episode by episode in catchup I believe. Hope this helps , I've found the emails and website can occasionally be wrong.

Thanks, just wanted to check if my Anytime+ was running correctly.

Doz007 11-03-2012 13:41

Sky Anytime+ available on any ISP from 20th March according to a well respected insider on DS. I can't wait!! :D

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1638993

muppetman11 11-03-2012 13:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doz007 (Post 35397532)
Sky Anytime+ available on any ISP from 20th March according to a well respected insider on DS. I can't wait!! :D

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1638993

Brilliant news for non Sky BB customers

Doz007 11-03-2012 14:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35397538)
Brilliant news for non Sky BB customers

It most certainly is!

Do programmes on Anytime+ have an end date similar to the way they do on standard Anytime. If they do, would you be able to check how long Boardwalk Empire Season 1 is on for please? :)

muppetman11 11-03-2012 14:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doz007 (Post 35397554)
It most certainly is!

Do programmes on Anytime+ have an end date similar to the way they do on standard Anytime. If they do, would you be able to check how long Boardwalk Empire Season 1 is on for please? :)

Boardwalk Empire S1 and The Borgias S1 are available for March only , however if you queue the entire series during the night it downloads to your personal planner to be available at your leisure.

Doz007 11-03-2012 14:12

Thanks for checking MM, I appreciate it. :)

Just to clarify, once they've been downloaded to my planner they're still watchable after the expiry date?

muppetman11 11-03-2012 14:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doz007 (Post 35397564)
Thanks for checking MM, I appreciate it. :)

Just to clarify, once they've been downloaded to my planner they're still watchable after the expiry date?

I've done it with quite a few shows and they've still been watchable , their website seems to also suggest that , read how long is content available
http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/tv/any...-expectations/

Doz007 11-03-2012 14:27

Sounds ideal. Now I just have to keep my fingers crossed that i'll be able to get decent download speeds from the Sky servers. I can see them taking quiet a battering during the first few days of it being opened up to everyone!

muppetman11 11-03-2012 14:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doz007 (Post 35397574)
Sounds ideal. Now I just have to keep my fingers crossed that i'll be able to get decent download speeds from the Sky servers. I can see them taking quiet a battering during the first few days of it being opened up to everyone!

I'm sure they'll have planned hence the register your interest , I get 9mb on my Sky BB and a HD movie is generally available to play in 60 seconds or less which is not much different to VM when you consider how long their menus take to navigate.

muppetman11 16-03-2012 18:25

Tried the new F1 companion in the Sky Sports app it looks amazing on the new iPad screen another big well done to Sky , loving the multiple video feeds , standings , twitter etc.

Doz007 16-03-2012 18:56

The new app looks to be getting Sky quite a lot of well deserved publicity today.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/03/16/s...aming-f1-race/

http://www.theverge.com/2012/3/16/28...a-1-app-update

Have you bought the new iPad today then MM, what are your impressions compared to the iPad 2?

muppetman11 16-03-2012 19:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doz007 (Post 35400997)
The new app looks to be getting Sky quite a lot of well deserved publicity today.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/03/16/s...aming-f1-race/

http://www.theverge.com/2012/3/16/28...a-1-app-update

Have you bought the new iPad today then MM, what are your impressions compared to the iPad 2?

Yes the app is brilliant , I've took delivery this morning the text is pin sharp and the colours are excellent , not had chance to play around properly yet though.

Doz007 16-03-2012 19:20

Sounds great. I'm purposely staying away from shops that would give me an eyes on look at the new retina display because I know I wouldn't be able to resist!

I'm going to try and keep the iPad 2 this year and move on to the 2013 iPad. Which model did you go for?

muppetman11 16-03-2012 19:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doz007 (Post 35401017)
Sounds great. I'm purposely staying away from shops that would give me an eyes on look at the new retina display because I know I wouldn't be able to resist!

I'm going to try and keep the iPad 2 this year and move on to the 2013 iPad. Which model did you go for?

Wifi one I have no need for 3G use.

nstokes 17-03-2012 07:36

They should get the iPad F1 app on the iPhone

muppetman11 17-03-2012 08:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by nstokes (Post 35401175)
They should get the iPad F1 app on the iPhone

The screen is too small to enjoy the multi screen experience.

nstokes 17-03-2012 09:05

True but i gives some experience

Doz007 18-03-2012 11:42

http://www.technobuffalo.com/compani...etina-display/

Saw this last week but never posted it. Just goes to show how closely Sky are working with apple on their iOS apps. :)

muppetman11 18-03-2012 11:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doz007 (Post 35401749)

Saw this last week but never posted it. Just goes to show how closely Sky are working with apple on their iOS apps. :)

The F1 app is interesting and pushing the boundaries of what's possible imagine the same companion app working for Premier league football , different camera angles , dug out cam , highlights reel , social media feeds , other results from around the league , standings what update with latest scores.

nstokes 18-03-2012 11:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doz007 (Post 35401749)

They should make it work with all Retina displays like iPhone 4 and 4S not just iPad