Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   V+ : Diva Tv & Sky Living Loves (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33685793)

kostan 22-02-2012 10:34

Diva Tv & Sky Living Loves

So can we expect replacement channels for these classic,s :bigcry: lmfao

denphone 22-02-2012 10:38

Re: Diva Tv & SkyLivingLove

Quote:

Originally Posted by kostan (Post 35386094)

l suspect something will arrive in due course and perhaps l will look into my palantir later today for you to see what that is telling me.:)

m419 22-02-2012 13:35

This has already been asked, Virgin Media don't have any plans as yet, it's worth noting that it is the broadcasters themelves that decided to close these channels down.

Sky Living Loves was the latest channel to be introduced by Virgin Media Television shortly before it was taken over, a move to boost advertising revenue as well boost viewing statistics, Sky sees no reason to keep this channel open and has decided to close it probably to replace it with something else.

alwaysabear 22-02-2012 13:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by m419 (Post 35386176)
This has already been asked, Virgin Media don't have any plans as yet, it's worth noting that it is the broadcasters themelves that decided to close these channels down.

Sky Living Loves was the latest channel to be introduced by Virgin Media Television shortly before it was taken over, a move to boost advertising revenue as well boost viewing statistics, Sky sees no reason to keep this channel open and has decided to close it probably to replace it with something else.

I had read some where that Sky was using this transponder for Sky F1 as there is limited space available, how true this is I have no idea.

richard1960 22-02-2012 13:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by m419 (Post 35386176)

I think Alibi HD is due to launch this year and if i remember correctly VM are going to be carrying it.

m419 22-02-2012 14:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by richard1960 (Post 35386178)
I think Alibi HD is due to launch this year and if i remember correctly VM are going to be carrying it.

I was refering to content from NBC Universal and Sky.

Was thinking Virgin Media should add Universal HD and Style Network and with the loss of Sky Living Loves, possibly Sky Travel or even Sky Atlantic

richard1960 22-02-2012 14:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by m419 (Post 35386237)
I was refering to content from NBC Universal and Sky.

Was thinking Virgin Media should add Universal HD and Style Network and with the loss of Sky Living Loves, possibly Sky Travel or even Sky Atlantic

Oh i see no chance of sky atlantic at the mo IMO as i think sky are keeping it as a USP.

But the universal HD channel should not be beyond the possibilities.

Itshim 22-02-2012 15:21

I would prefer all "new" channels to H D ones that we already have . Could some explain why both are used to run the same channel - Can not H D be viewed Non H D sets? Will try when I get home. Using sender to push to my only non H D tv. I am sure I have done that in the past - do not recall a problem ( or perhaps I havent ! get old!!)
Please dont say because it takes up more space when recording.

Media Boy UK 22-02-2012 15:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by kostan (Post 35386094)

Yes.

-Sky Sports F1 is coming to Virgin Channel 516 from March 2nd.
-Channel 5 +1 to launch before April.
-Alibi HD to launch later this year on Virgin Media.

Digital Fanatic 22-02-2012 15:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itshim (Post 35386280)
I would prefer all "new" channels to H D ones that we already have . Could some explain why both are used to run the same channel - Can not H D be viewed Non H D sets? Will try when I get home. Using sender to push to my only non H D tv. I am sure I have done that in the past - do not recall a problem ( or perhaps I havent ! get old!!)
Please dont say because it takes up more space when recording.

Not all STB's are HD, so you need a box to decode the HD stream first, but yes a non HD tv can view a HD channel (in SD)

Itshim 22-02-2012 15:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic (Post 35386288)
Not all STB's are HD, so you need a box to decode the HD stream first, but yes a non HD tv can view a HD channel (in SD)

Why did they let you go !

Clear, precise and understandable answer yet again.:)

Digital Fanatic 22-02-2012 15:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itshim (Post 35386291)
Why did they let you go !

Clear, precise and understandable answer yet again.:)

It's their loss mate ;)

Itshim 22-02-2012 15:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Media Boy (Post 35386284)
Yes.

-Sky Sports F1 is coming to Virgin Channel 516 from March 2nd.
-Channel 5 +1 to launch before April.
-Alibi HD to launch later this year on Virgin Media.

Like for like then :rolleyes:

denphone 22-02-2012 15:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic (Post 35386292)
It's their loss mate ;)

But their loss is our gain on this forum as you show great knowledge on a good many subjects.

Itshim 22-02-2012 15:40

:clap:
Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35386294)
But their loss is our gain on this forum as you show great knowledge on a good many subjects.

:clap: