Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   4K : V6 Box Availability (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33704263)

OLDGOLD 07-01-2017 01:07

V6 Box Availability

Is the V6 box available to anybody now or just current customers with Virgin Media TV.

I have VM broadband and Phone Line and on my upgrade offers page, the bundles with TV only include TiVo boxes, not V6. When I click on the separate V6 section it says only available to current customers on TV Mix package and above.

Is that still the case and if so, does anyone know when the V6 will be available to new TV subscribers?

Thanks

RobboEdin 07-01-2017 12:04

Re: V6 Box Availability

It is available to all now but it looks like you will have to call in to place an order.

passingbat 07-01-2017 12:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLDGOLD (Post 35879437)
Is the V6 box available to anybody now or just current customers with Virgin Media TV.

I have VM broadband and Phone Line and on my upgrade offers page, the bundles with TV only include TiVo boxes, not V6. When I click on the separate V6 section it says only available to current customers on TV Mix package and above.

Is that still the case and if so, does anyone know when the V6 will be available to new TV subscribers?

Thanks

The TV Mix pack is the minimum pack to have the V6 on; you can't have it on the lower basic pack.

Providing that you want to add mix or above, I'd be surprised if they won't let you have a V6 box; they need all the TV subscribers they can get from a statistical perspective.

I'd ring CS or retentions if you get no joy from CS

Jacquesb 08-01-2017 06:43

We have 2xTiVO which are very slow. I called CS yesterday and asked for 2 x V6 boxes to replace them. The CS rep recommended just taking a single box ( something to do with internet connection issues ?) and stated a cost of >£100. When I protested the cost, she very "kindly" discounted to £64 but would not be moved from that. The next available date (Glasgow) was 2/2/17 but I decided to think on it and ask for advice here. There was mention of a new 12 month contract but I will lose a small loyalty discount unless I call the Loyalty department separately.

I really feel I am being conned big style 1

---------- Post added at 06:43 ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacquesb (Post 35879577)
We have 2xTiVO which are very slow. I called CS yesterday and asked for 2 x V6 boxes to replace them. The CS rep recommended just taking a single box ( something to do with internet connection issues ?) and stated a cost of >£100. When I protested the cost, she very "kindly" discounted to £64 but would not be moved from that. The next available date (Glasgow) was 2/2/17 but I decided to think on it and ask for advice here. There was mention of a new 12 month contract but I will lose a small loyalty discount unless I call the Loyalty department separately.

I think the £64 was made up of £49.95 for the box and £14 "activation" charge.

Any advice on next approach would be welcome - thanks. :dunce:

jb66 08-01-2017 17:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacquesb (Post 35879577)

---------- Post added at 06:43 ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 ----------

I think the £64 was made up of £49.95 for the box and £14 "activation" charge.

Any advice on next approach would be welcome - thanks. :dunce:

Disconnect if out of contract, if in contract they have you over a barrel