Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   SKY employees friends and family codes (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33691084)

Chad 10-12-2012 19:34

SKY employees friends and family codes

Has anyone ever used a SKY friends and family code, giving them cheap services for 12 months, from a SKY employee?

I've noticed SKY employees giving the codes out on various forums. I've even seen them being sold on Ebay. I assume SKY won't be happy with this however as I am considering moving to SKY it's something that has got me intrigued.

Like everyone I like a good deal. It's just when something seems too good to be true, it often is.

muppetman11 10-12-2012 19:35

Re: SKY employees friends and family codes

Trust me mate , loads are using them in fact on the moneysavingexpert website they were giving them out in batches , I believe vouchercodes website also did the same one day.

Chad 10-12-2012 19:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35509637)
Trust me mate , loads are using them in fact on the moneysavingexpert website they were giving them out in batches , I believe vouchercodes website also did the same one day.

It's incredible. Some of the prices, with the codes, are simply too good to turn down.

I knew someone who worked at SKY in Livingston but he moved to another job a few months ago :( There is a guy up the road who drives a SKY van. Maybe I'll follow him to the pub on Saturday and will give him a bit of chat :D

nstokes 10-12-2012 19:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad (Post 35509636)
Has anyone ever used a SKY friends and family code, giving them cheap services for 12 months, from a SKY employee?

I've noticed SKY employees giving the codes out on various forums. I've even seen them being sold on Ebay. I assume SKY won't be happy with this however as I am considering moving to SKY it's something that has got me intrigued.

Like everyone I like a good deal. It's just when something seems too good to be true, it often is.

I dont think Sky will be too fussed about it as it gives them more customers and more customers equals more money. I got my code from a mate i used to work with and he puts it all over Facebook that he has codes available

Chad 10-12-2012 19:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by nstokes (Post 35509640)
I dont think Sky will be too fussed about it as it gives them more customers and more customers equals more money. I got my code from a mate i used to work with and he puts it all over Facebook that he has codes available

Muppetman was saying about Money Saving Expert. Look at the below link:

http://www.sky.com/shop/offers/money-saving-expert

Offer only available to the first 2000 customers!

Some of the prices on that page are crazy.

nstokes 10-12-2012 19:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad (Post 35509652)
Muppetman was saying about Money Saving Expert. Look at the below link:

http://www.sky.com/shop/offers/money-saving-expert

Offer only available to the first 2000 customers!

Some of the prices on that page are crazy.

WOW them prices are well cheap

Chad 10-12-2012 21:48

Well turns out my wife's cousin works for SKY! He sorted us out with a code no problem.

Here is the deal:

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]

£71.37 for everything including ESPN and multi-room. If I add Boxnation and Premier Sports I'll still be much cheaper than I pay to Virgin now.

Need to speak to Virgin about leaving before ordering with SKY.

thenry 10-12-2012 22:11

can you not get Sky fibre?

muppetman11 10-12-2012 22:14

Is your multiroom box the SkyHD (non PVR) ?

Looks a good deal

Chad 10-12-2012 22:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35509724)
Is your multiroom box the SkyHD (non PVR) ?

Looks a good deal

It's SKY HD without PVR. I can go and play with the options available as I'm not booking until I've cancelled my Virgin package. My promo code is valid until 19th December however I'd like to get this nailed down ASAP.

---------- Post added at 22:19 ---------- Previous post was at 22:18 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by thenry (Post 35509723)
can you not get Sky fibre?

Not yet. I don't think it's coming to my area until March.

muppetman11 10-12-2012 22:30

The standard Sky+HD box will offer you 60hrs HD recording , you will also be able to watch your recordings off the Sky+HD box on your non PVR in a future update.

Chad 10-12-2012 22:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35509737)
The standard Sky+HD box will offer you 60hrs HD recording , you will also be able to watch your recordings off the Sky+HD box on your non PVR in a future update.

Sounds great.

Do SKY offer 3D on demand?

muppetman11 10-12-2012 22:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad (Post 35509739)
Sounds great.

Do SKY offer 3D on demand?

At the minute only occasionally via the Showcase section.

Chad 10-12-2012 22:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35509740)
At the minute only occasionally via the Showcase section.

Perfect.

I'm calling Virgin tomorrow to cancel. I'm then going to book with SKY. My promo code ends on 19th December. Hopefully I can book now, and pay my deposit of £10.00 requesting an install date around the 09th of January. Hopefully that shouldn't effect my promo code.

nstokes 11-12-2012 09:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad (Post 35509744)
Perfect.

I'm calling Virgin tomorrow to cancel. I'm then going to book with SKY. My promo code ends on 19th December. Hopefully I can book now, and pay my deposit of £10.00 requesting an install date around the 09th of January. Hopefully that shouldn't effect my promo code.

All seems a great deal Chad. Thats what got me to Sky the half price offer. If its all cheaper than VM the surely its a no brainer. LEts us know what VM say