Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin & O2 Mobile Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Virgin Mobile - end of Contract (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33615265)

buckleb 01-06-2007 22:04

Virgin Mobile - end of Contract

My wife's mobile contract with Virgin Mobile (that I pay for) is coming to the end of its 12 month contract.

When I originally signed up for this (it's the £25 a month plan) I was told that at end of contract Virgin would either replace the phone or reduce the price.

My wife is very happy with the phone she originally got from Virgin, so we'd be looking at the price reduction.

Given that the £25 plan is for 300 mins + 300 texts, the same as the current £10 offer, what are the chances of this price reduction meaning a new £10 a month charge?

I'd be interested to hear from other users who may have gone down this same route, especially as the £25 a month charge is now quite uncompetitive.

Edit We're not bothered about keeping the same phone number.

Thanks in advance.

VMNick 02-06-2007 10:00

Re: Virgin Mobile - end of Contract

You could say about the new charges, if you don't get them. Just end the contract and sign-up again.

TheOne 02-06-2007 11:13

Yeah, your probably best of just switching over to the £10 SIM deal. which is pay monthly and they might give you a phone with it aswell

OR

just ask them to try and match it on a contract basis (which will probs tie you down into another 12months)

Report back here with what happens please

buckleb 02-06-2007 11:52

Thanks for the replies.

I'll report back around the 10th (when the contract runs out) with the results of this.

buckleb 02-06-2007 16:31

Just a small update.

I rang 789 to find out what my options were, in more detail, and they are:

Continue with my 300+300 tariff, using the existing phone, and the price goes down to £20 a month.

Continue with the 300+300 tariff, but continue paying £25 a month. This includes another 'free' phone.

Stop the account but continue using the phone without a tariff, and get charged 'standard' rates for calls and texts.

Stop the account and convert to PAYG.

Stop the account and switch to the VM exclusive £10 for 100+100 deal which replaces the current 300+300 deal on Monday.

The last 2 options are the ones we're looking at (we're quite happy to stay with Virgin), and we're leaning towards the 100+100 tariff which is still more than my wife manages to use in a month! We will be able to keep the same number, even if we get sent a new SIM card (we just have to ask for it).

The customer service rep was very helpful and I received a confirmation of cancellation, by text, almost right away.

A sales rep is going to call me next week to find out what we want to do and how they can help us do it.

buckleb 05-06-2007 16:07

With a slight nudge from my wife, I ordered the £10 sim online Sunday, in the process just sneaking into the cutoff point for the 300+300 offer.