Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Moans and Pet Hates Part 7 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33684310)

joglynne 08-02-2012 14:28

Re: Moans and Pet Hates Part 7

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 (Post 35378145)
All done... Just waiting to go home.... At four ish.

Great news. I saw you were waiting to go to theatre and have had my fingers crossed for you since then. I shall have to pries them apart now i know you out. :D

Just speaking to Sasha as I type this and she sends you a hug.

My worst Hospital visit this week has been postponed till a week on Saturday so i have had a small reprieve.

dilli-theclaw 08-02-2012 17:48

Thank you all yup ok just very painful.

Jo - I will be thinking of you..

peanut 08-02-2012 17:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by joglynne (Post 35378167)
My worst Hospital visit this week has been postponed till a week on Saturday so i have had a small reprieve.

Sorry to hear that Joglynne, it's annoying when you gear yourself up for it then that happens, prolonging the agony even more. Hope it goes well anyway.

joglynne 08-02-2012 18:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 (Post 35378245)
Thank you all yup ok just very painful.

Jo - I will be thinking of you..

Quote:

Originally Posted by peanut (Post 35378248)
Sorry to hear that Joglynne, it's annoying when you gear yourself up for it then that happens, prolonging the agony even more. Hope it goes well anyway.

My Thanks to both of you. https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/...2013/05/19.gif

thenry 08-02-2012 19:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ (Post 35378108)
British people using Americanisms :grind:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hom3r (Post 35378128)
Mine is "Do the Math".

It's "Do the MATHS"

Router. 2 different things!!!!

TheDaddy 08-02-2012 19:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by peanut (Post 35378248)

Yes, really annoying when stuff like that happens, hopw it goes well when you finally get there Jo.

joglynne 08-02-2012 19:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 35378298)
Yes, really annoying when stuff like that happens, hopw it goes well when you finally get there Jo.

Thanks Daddy. https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/...2013/08/11.gif

Stuart 08-02-2012 23:15

People who say a product name when they mean a manufacturer. E.G. "I bought this Operating System from Windows."

TheDaddy 09-02-2012 00:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stuart (Post 35378421)
People who say a product name when they mean a manufacturer. E.G. "I bought this Operating System from Windows."

a pet hate of Alan Partridge to, particularly when people say Tannoy instead of Public address system :D

Pauls9 09-02-2012 09:07

"How are you?" "I'm good"

I don't need to know if you're well-behaved, I want to know if you're healthy!

And don't get me going on "skeduled"...

You're English. Speak English, not American!

Pauls9 09-02-2012 12:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35378485)
It's only the same as saying "hoover" when you mean vacuum cleaner. Just some mfrs names are synonimous with their products though I admit that most youngsters probably never new that Tannoy were the PA systems in the fourties.

Apparently, Tannoy had a major government contract, putting their speakers in buildings everywhere. They had the bright idea of putting their name in large letters across the front, so every time a message was broadcast, people looked up and saw it.

Hugh 09-02-2012 21:16

Meetings - just checked this week's calendar, and except for Monday (where I had five hours of meetings), I will have spent six hours every day in meetings.....

denphone 09-02-2012 21:24

It makes my once a month railway club look rather small in comparison and l suspect my meetings with like minded people with the same interest is rather more enjoyable then your meetings as well.

Stuart 09-02-2012 22:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 35378432)
a pet hate of Alan Partridge to, particularly when people say Tannoy instead of Public address system :D

It's actually excellent marketing. Think about it, people don't say they are going to get a (say) Sainsburys Cola, they say they are going to get a coke. A lot of people call MP3 players "iPods" whether they are made by Apple or not.

But that's not quite what I mean.

It's actually a minor niggle of mine, but I have heard people say "I've downloaded this program from Windows" when they actually mean "I've downloaded this program from Microsoft", and I've heard people refer to Apple as "Macintosh".

Don't know why it irritates me, it just does.

My moan today? It's freezing outside, I could just do with a nice cup of tea, but the kettle's died, so I've got to wait for a pan of water to boil.

Gary L 09-02-2012 23:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35379106)
Meetings - just checked this week's calendar, and except for Monday (where I had five hours of meetings), I will have spent six hours every day in meetings.....

You could always get your laptop out and talk to someone on here.

I've just checked my calendar. I'm washing my hair Saturday.