Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   U.S President: Donald Trump (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33704412)

1andrew1 20-05-2017 14:11

Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 35899635)
NYT and Washington Post have shown they have a complete axe to grind with Trump, so much so that even most of those who can't stand Trump even see the obsessive behaviour. I read the NYT article but I always read comments section and there was few calling out BS and that they needed to start naming sources, far too easy to concoct a story from thin air and claim it's from an anonymous source.

It was so corny that these two liberal news outlets both posted a story at the time Trump boarded Air Force one.

Sometimes you simply only have anonymous sources to go on. It's not a case of "Do the invoices exist?" or "Is there an x-ray?" Journalists have to make judgments. Poor judgments will result in those newspapers failing. The fact that the New York Times has been going since 1851 and has a robust investigative record suggests the paper generally gets it right.

There will obviously be a few Trumpsters or Hillaryheads commenting on every article but I doubt they're investigative reporters.

Mick 20-05-2017 14:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 35899638)
Sometimes you simply only have anonymous sources to go on. It's not a case of "Do the invoices exist?" or "Is there an x-ray?" Journalists have to make judgments. Poor judgments will result in those newspapers failing. The fact that the New York Times has been going since 1851 and has a robust investigative record suggests the paper generally gets it right.

There will obviously be a few Trumpsters or Hillaryheads commenting on every article but I doubt they're investigative reporters.

I don't care how long it's been going, it still needs to provide solid proof, I believe these so called memos have not yet surfaced from the other day. But even that story was garbage given that Comey testified only weeks ago that the FBI, in his experience, which means his tenure with the department, has never been instructed to halt an investigation.

Damien 20-05-2017 14:29

The memos might come up on Wednesday. Anonymous sources won't go away, it's too hard to get news otherwise, they're common in both right and left wing media.

papa smurf 20-05-2017 15:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35899647)
The memos might come up on Wednesday. Anonymous sources won't go away, it's too hard to get news otherwise, they're common in both right and left wing media.

very common in a stitch up campaign ,and of course no one to question .

passingbat 20-05-2017 15:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 35899634)

It is an authoritative source

So, why didn't they come clean on the true aims of the Bilderberg group? They were at the meetings. They were thanked by David Rockefeller for hiding the Bilderberg true agenda.

1andrew1 20-05-2017 16:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by passingbat (Post 35899661)
So, why didn't they come clean on the true aims of the Bilderberg group? They were at the meetings. They were thanked by David Rockefeller for hiding the Bilderberg true agenda.

This is veering way off topic but I think you'll find he was being ironic.

Hugh 20-05-2017 17:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by passingbat (Post 35899661)

So, do the Bilderberg Group run the Illuminati, or is it the other way around?

1andrew1 20-05-2017 18:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35899673)
So, do the Bilderberg Group run the Illuminati, or is it the other way around?

And does Trump run the Shadow Brokers or is that too the other way around?

Mr Banana 20-05-2017 19:57

Pity the buffoon can't remember his previous tweets

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...39957426999297

Mick 20-05-2017 21:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Banana (Post 35899681)
Pity the buffoon can't remember his previous tweets

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...39957426999297

Pity you are unable to process the idea they came to some understanding before they landed, perhaps the Saudis warming to Women's rights which is surely progress from two years ago? :rolleyes:

Never mind I suppose the $300 Billion Arms deal they just made means the Saudi King was not that upset with FLOTUS.

Mr Banana 20-05-2017 22:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 35899697)
Pity you are unable to process the idea they came to some understanding before they landed, perhaps the Saudis warming to Women's rights which is surely progress from two years ago? :rolleyes:

Never mind I suppose the $300 Billion Arms deal they just made means the Saudi King was not that upset with FLOTUS.

Christ Mick you really are blinkered. The bloke tweeted a snipe at the previous presidents wife and then his wife did exactly the same.

Mick 20-05-2017 22:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Banana (Post 35899698)
Christ Mick you really are blinkered. The bloke tweeted a snipe at the previous presidents wife and then his wife did exactly the same.

So bloody what? Is life that boring for you, head stuck in the past ?

As I said, perhaps they came to some arrangement. Nothing to do with being blinkered. I don't have the time to be blinkered.

Also try not to be blasphemous, there are Devout Christians about this forum who will not appreciate it.

Mr Banana 20-05-2017 22:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 35899701)

As I said, perhaps they came to some arrangement. Nothing to do with being blinkered. I don't have the time to be blinkered.

Also try not to be blasphemous, there are devout Christians about this forum who will not appreciate it.

No Mick, my life's not boring at all, I have a great life thanks and please don't swear this forum member doesn't like it.

Mick 20-05-2017 22:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Banana (Post 35899702)
please don't swear this forum member doesn't like it.

Yeah sure. Either way. Tough luck. :dozey:

Mr K 20-05-2017 22:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 35899701)

Also try not to be blasphemous, there are Devout Christians about this forum who will not appreciate it.

Blasphemous would be anything that shows Trump in a bad light Mick ;). i.e every time he tweets/speaks...