Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   4K : UHD on Virgin Media (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33704518)

Rob King 01-11-2020 12:02

Re: UHD on Virgin Media

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor (Post 36055834)
Well now that it's November,they are cutting it fine to launch Sky UHD with the end of the year getting closer. It makes me wonder if the new lockdown will delay it even longer.

With Tuesday there update day I wonder if its this week?

Dave42 01-11-2020 12:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob King (Post 36055853)
With Tuesday there update day I wonder if its this week?

don't hold your breath

oxfordmark 15-11-2020 09:41

Well guys, been nice chatting on here again, but I'm moving back to Sky, I'll be losing BT Sport's but me and my wife feel the V6 box is so clunky to use, I said to the guy that when the new Horizon box is up and running, we nutty be back.

Tricky Trevor 15-11-2020 12:01

Enjoy Sky UHD Mark. It might have launched on Virgin if you are back in 5 years time?

ozsat 15-11-2020 13:23

The current V6 software is way better than SkyQ - recording system is a long way behind.

SkyQ looks good but does little.

Quote:

Originally Posted by oxfordmark (Post 36058289)
Well guys, been nice chatting on here again, but I'm moving back to Sky, I'll be losing BT Sport's but me and my wife feel the V6 box is so clunky to use, I said to the guy that when the new Horizon box is up and running, we nutty be back.

muppetman11 15-11-2020 14:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozsat (Post 36058331)
The current V6 software is way better than SkyQ - recording system is a long way behind.

Any box what will record series and allows me to have enough tuners to avoid clashes is just fine with me. Like most software Sky Q isn't perfect but its rarely failed me with recordings and the family record a fair amount on it.

oxfordmark 15-11-2020 18:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozsat (Post 36058331)

I totally disagree, Sky Q interface is so much more user friendly than the outdated TiVo software.

Raider999 15-11-2020 19:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by oxfordmark (Post 36058354)
I totally disagree, Sky Q interface is so much more user friendly than the outdated TiVo software.

Having recently switched from Virgin to SkyQ I would say there are good and bad points to both interfaces.

Certainly SkyQ scores higher on flash looks - if that is what you want.

One thing I don't like is the way it stores things in like groups - I.e. Champions league - all my CL recordings are stored under a tile which still shows the detail of the first CL match I recorded, even though I have watched and deleted that particular game weeks ago.

Hugh 15-11-2020 19:17

Back on topic, please.

ozsat 15-11-2020 19:24

I'm talking about the features - not the look.

I'd rather have a poor looking interface which does amazing things.

SkyQ recordings are just series links on the same channel - nothing more than that. And some don't work on some channels.

I've had more lost/missed recordings on SkyQ than on TiVo. All ITVHD recordings ended here when the ITV changes occured and often returning series fail to restart.

Sky spend too much time on it looking good - and falling down on techical features/issues.

Currently to watch a series in UHD you have to manually download new episodes - andyou must NOT have the HD version recording present to do this. And you can not auto-record non-sport UHD series.

Quote:

Originally Posted by oxfordmark (Post 36058354)

---------- Post added at 19:24 ---------- Previous post was at 19:18 ----------

Currently it has problems grouping ITVHD series - so all episodes of a series are not grouped together.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider999 (Post 36058355)
Having recently switched from Virgin to SkyQ I would say there are good and bad points to both interfaces.

Certainly SkyQ scores higher on flash looks - if that is what you want.

One thing I don't like is the way it stores things in like groups - I.e. Champions league - all my CL recordings are stored under a tile which still shows the detail of the first CL match I recorded, even though I have watched and deleted that particular game weeks ago.

Phunkenstein 18-11-2020 09:26

Sky are adding HDR movies from 9th December onwards;

https://www.skygroup.sky/en-gb/artic...e-new-features

Could that be a date to watch out for?

Tricky Trevor 18-11-2020 09:49

I would be more excited if they mentioned Virgin Media customers in the press release.
But will keep an eye out on that date. Thanks for the post Phunkenstien.

Topgun 27-11-2020 12:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by nialli (Post 36003233)

Well, we do appear to be rapidly running out of 2020. Is this actually likely to happen, or is it something else that's going to be conveniently blamed on Covid?

denphone 27-11-2020 12:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topgun (Post 36059968)
Well, we do appear to be rapidly running out of 2020. Is this actually likely to happen, or is it something else that's going to be conveniently blamed on Covid?

Is it a bit like Sky Atlantic as its coming but its not coming soon...;)

Dave42 27-11-2020 15:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topgun (Post 36059968)

probable be 31/12/2020 if we do get it this year i giving up hope of it

---------- Post added at 15:14 ---------- Previous post was at 15:14 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 36059969)
Is it a bit like Sky Atlantic as its coming but its not coming soon...;)

why mention the channel we not getting Den it never happening that channel