Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered ! (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33704414)

Osem 25-04-2017 18:04

Re: Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !

What is it with Labour? We have Corbyn telling all and sundry that he'd never use nukes no matter what and we have Keir Starmer deciding that a) it's a good idea to act unilaterally over the status of EU citizens in the UK and b) to state that a Labour Government would not walk away from negotiations even if the EU refused to compromise and deliver the sort of deal he says Labour wants.

What sort of negotiation technique is that then?*

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39698465

When we decide to move and find the house of our dreams I'm going to make sure I maximise my bargaining position by telling the vendors that we'll buy it no matter what price they ask and whatever other conditions they attach to the deal... :rolleyes:

* Maybe the sort which is intended to secure such a poor deal from the EU that the pubic would be bound to reject it when asked in the referendum Labour have promised and the end result is that we wind up staying in the EU.

pip08456 25-04-2017 18:06

Nah, they're just making sure they're unelectable!

Osem 25-04-2017 18:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 35896287)
Nah, they're just making sure they're unelectable!

:doh:

So that's why they elected Corbyn as 'leader'... :D

passingbat 25-04-2017 18:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35896286)

b) to state that a Labour Government would not walk away from negotiations even if the EU refused to compromise and deliver the sort of deal he says Labour wants.

What sort of negotiation technique is that then?*

Maybe he needs to buy Donald's book... ? ;)

The EU needs to know that we are prepared to walk away from the deal, and know that it is a reality, not a pretend, weak, threat

Osem 25-04-2017 20:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by passingbat (Post 35896294)
Maybe he needs to buy Donald's book... ? ;)

The EU needs to know that we are prepared to walk away from the deal, and know that it is a reality, not a pretend, weak, threat

Exactly. Labour, the Lib wossits and the salmond national party would happily sell UK PLC down the river. The EU would make us pay to remain in and we'd come out of this whole thing having ceded more of our powers and money to the faceless Brussels parasites. They'd no doubt then blame the Tories for the whole thing.

Mr K 25-04-2017 21:21

And the Brussels 'parasites' will now have to be replaced by Whitehall 'parasites' that are now desperately being recruited, on account of how we've made most of them redundant over the last 10 years. No doubt they will soon be seen as the enemy again. People will never be satisfied, we're a nation of Daily Fail moaners.

Ramrod 26-04-2017 08:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 35896306)
And the Brussels 'parasites' will now have to be replaced by Whitehall 'parasites' that are now desperately being recruited, on account of how we've made most of them redundant over the last 10 years. No doubt they will soon be seen as the enemy again. People will never be satisfied, we're a nation of Daily Fail moaners.

Well you're a moaner :rolleyes:

papa smurf 26-04-2017 08:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramrod (Post 35896327)
Well you're a moaner :rolleyes:

:)

RizzyKing 26-04-2017 17:24

You'll have to excuse my laughing at you MrK complaining about moaners when you make most look like shiny happy people. Labour can say what they want it's never going to happen my dogs have more chance of forming the next government then labour probably got better policies as well. This election is a foregone conclusion the only question is how big a majority the tories will get though i do believe there are enough daft EU supporters to propel the lib dems higher then they deserve but thankfully nowhere near enough that they will have a sniff of power again.

1andrew1 26-04-2017 19:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonbxx (Post 35896176)
Where does it say that?;

I hadn't realised Article 50 was so short! From what you read sometimes, people are comparing their achievement in reading Article 50 to having read War and Peace or Ulysses. Bless 'em.

Mr K 26-04-2017 20:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 35896424)
I hadn't realised Article 50 was so short! From what you read sometimes, people are comparing their achievement in reading Article 50 to having read War and Peace or Ulysses. Bless 'em.

It was only supposed to be a joke, now we're the joke !

Article 49 is a much better read ;)

1andrew1 26-04-2017 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 35896435)
It was only supposed to be a joke, now we're the joke !

Article 49 is a much better read ;)

A friend of mine has just been Bre-exited today. :( A double whammy of the government's energy policy and Brexit sees the company move central operations to Europe and have the UK as just a sales outlet.

Mr K 26-04-2017 20:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1andrew1 (Post 35896438)
A friend of mine has just been Bre-exited today. :( A double whammy of the government's energy policy and Brexit sees the company move central operations to Europe and have the UK as just a sales outlet.

The same for 300 Nestle jobs in Newcastle and York. The work is going to Poland. There'll more of that I'm afraid. http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/15244675.display/

Ramrod 26-04-2017 20:32

We (the leave voters) never claimed that this process would be painless :(

pip08456 26-04-2017 20:34

Nestle intended the move before brexit, labour is cheaper in Poland.