Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Television (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   General : TV Show Snippets & General Information (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=13018)

dilli-theclaw 26-05-2005 18:53

Re: Science Fiction & Fantasy Snippets

Quote:

Originally Posted by allieyoung666
I liked it, it reminded me of hitchhikers, but not funny, kinda cool of though, as fartysmartblasts earth 2 but without the vogons!

What :confused:

allieyoung666 26-05-2005 18:54

Only joking I liked it !!!!!!!

Paul 27-05-2005 03:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by homealone
thanks for that Dilli, July release, by the looks of it - another example of a show with huge potential being prematurely axed by the network. The Terrians have to be the coolest alien race ever - how they can axe stuff like that, but show crÃÃâ€*’©pe like 'Dead like Me', I just don't know...

Oi, Dead Like Me is fantastic :p:

dilli-theclaw 27-05-2005 12:32

Buxom Woman came back with Forbidden planet on video for me this morning (£1.50 at the local market)....

One of my fave oldies :)

Of course i'm copying it over to DVD right now :)

homealone 27-05-2005 12:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M
Oi, Dead Like Me is fantastic :p:

each to their own, I guess ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilligaf1701
Buxom Woman came back with Forbidden planet on video for me this morning (£1.50 at the local market)....

One of my fave oldies :)

Of course i'm copying it over to DVD right now :)

one of my faves, too, 'monsters from the id', I love it - and there is Anne Francis, also :drool:

dilli-theclaw 27-05-2005 12:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by homealone
each to their own, I guess ;)

one of my faves, too, 'monsters from the id', I love it - and there is Anne Francis, also :drool:

I do like some oldies :) (all of which I managed to get on dvd)

War of the Worlds

The Day the Earth Stood Still

When Worlds Collide - (Looking for a copy of the sequel novel [after worlds collide - if anyones got it])

punky 28-05-2005 01:45

Did anyone used to watch a show called "Now And Again"?

It used to be on ITV1 late at night. It starred Dennis Haysbert (black president from 24)

I missed the very beginning so I don't know the exact plot, but AFAIK it was something like this: A man died in an accident, and the US government managed to preserve his brain and implanted it into a bio-engineered body so he had vast amounts of strength and speed. The US government use him to catch hard to get criminals and such. Haysbert plays his handler. He still remembers his old life, so he is forced to have no contact with his widow and kid, and eventually, he convinces his handler to let him meet her and they get to know each other again. I know it sounds like a rip off of Robocop, but it really isn't. It had a bit of everything in it. Action, humour, drama, love.

I wish they'd bring it out on DVD again. I loved watching that show.

Maggy 28-05-2005 08:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by punky
Did anyone used to watch a show called "Now And Again"?

It used to be on ITV1 late at night. It starred Dennis Haysbert (black president from 24)

I missed the very beginning so I don't know the exact plot, but AFAIK it was something like this: A man died in an accident, and the US government managed to preserve his brain and implanted it into a bio-engineered body so he had vast amounts of strength and speed. The US government use him to catch hard to get criminals and such. Haysbert plays his handler. He still remembers his old life, so he is forced to have no contact with his widow and kid, and eventually, he convinces his handler to let him meet her and they get to know each other again. I know it sounds like a rip off of Robocop, but it really isn't. It had a bit of everything in it. Action, humour, drama, love.

I wish they'd bring it out on DVD again. I loved watching that show.

I remember it-another fairly ok series cancelled..possibly because it had a man with a great body as the lead...now if it had been a woman or rather a teenage girl with a great bod it would have lasted for another couple of series at least... ;)

Cynical?Me?

allieyoung666 28-05-2005 09:06

I love the old battlestar, but I cannot stand the new one as it is totally crap and full of sex, the old one was just retro and really cool!

dilli-theclaw 28-05-2005 09:48

Quote:

I love the old battlestar, but I cannot stand the new one as it is totally crap and full of sex, the old one was just retro and really cool!

The new one was still better than Galactica 1980!!!

I must admit I thought the new one was too slow. And not enough of the new cylons.

I got the impression that they rushed through the series without having the effects finished off properly.

And what the hell was with the end of the season?

I've got the original series box set and must admit I enjoy watching that more than the new one. Although I'll no doubt give the new one another go when the new season starts.

Graham 28-05-2005 12:13

Quote:

Sorry, but the old one was terrible IMO.

Dire plots, corny dialogue, cute kids, a pantomime villain... :shrug:

At least in the new one they've paid some attention to plotting and the characters seem like *real* people.

I gave up on the old one but I'll stick with the new one.

Xaccers 28-05-2005 15:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham
Dire plots, corny dialogue, cute kids, a pantomime villain... :shrug:

Sounds like you're talking about Revenge of the Sith! :D

punky 06-06-2005 00:22

Does anyone remember an old TV comedy show called "Out Of This World", in the late eighties? It featured this teenage girl who had an alien father and he used to talk to her through this weird chrystal pyrimid in her bedroom. I haven't seen that since I was a sprog. I'd love to see it again.

I wish some of these shows were easier to get on DVD.

Tezcatlipoca 06-06-2005 00:29

I remember that :)

She could control time, IIRC?

punky 06-06-2005 00:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt D
I remember that :)

She could control time, IIRC?

I think so... I think her old man gave her like a new special power now and again. Bit hard to remember, I don't think I have seen it since I was 8.

I remember the song though, weirdly enough (well the first line anyway)

"Would you like to swing to on a star..."

I can't really remember the next two lines, but I think the forsth was "Or would you rather visit earth". Or something.