Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Television (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   General : TV Show Renewals & Cancellations (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33677755)

Paul 19-02-2018 20:02

Re: Renewals & Cancellations

Yeah, for some reason I actually noted that in the snippets thread ;

https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...0#post35936880

Which is probably why you missed it. :)

General Maximus 19-02-2018 20:41

I knew I had read it somewhere :) I scrolled back a couple of pages in this thread and couldn't see it so I thought I had imagined it.

Paul 28-02-2018 23:59

Syfy have renewed The Magicians for Season 4. :)

---------- Post added at 23:59 ---------- Previous post was at 23:56 ----------

We should be getting a lot more renewals and cancellations coming soon.

The networks are actually behind last year, when many had been announced in Feb.

Paul 01-03-2018 19:24

Travelers has been renewed for Season 3. :D

General Maximus 01-03-2018 19:32

that is really strange, I woke up thinking about that this morning. I didn't realise it hadn't been renewed yet, I was already looking forward to the next season.

Paul 05-03-2018 17:11

Black Mirror has been renewed (for Season 5) by Netflix.

Paul 06-03-2018 13:39

Fox have renewed Lucifer for season 4.

Paul 09-03-2018 01:14

Black Lightning has been renewed for Season 2 by CW.

Paul 09-03-2018 04:24

TNT has cancelled The Librarians.

:cry:

The Series creator Dean Devlin broke the news tonight, saying he has started to shop around other networks.

However, based on the past experience of other shows, that rarely comes to anything. :(

telegramsam 09-03-2018 07:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 35940066)

The Series creator Dean Devlin broke the news tonight, saying he has started to shop around other networks.

However, based on the past experience of other shows, that rarely comes to anything. :(

Shame really as it's quite enjoyable.

General Maximus 09-03-2018 08:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 35940061)
Black Lightning has been renewed for Season 2 by CW.

:rolleyes: of course it has. AoS can take its slot.

cimt 09-03-2018 11:12

Both shows are on different networks and owned by different companies. One wouldn't be cancelled cause of the other.

Shame about The Librarians, it's an excellent show. Hopefully they manage to get a final season some how or a TV movie to end things on, after all the show started as movies.

pip08456 09-03-2018 11:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 35940066)

Shame really as it was a very good show that provided pure entertainment.

Paul 09-03-2018 12:36

Yes, Librarians basically took over from Warehouse 13, both were a very similar premise.

Both were pure "silly" entertainment, much like Eureka as well.
I cant think of anything left now thats similarly just daft sci-fi/fantasy entertainment.

pip08456 09-03-2018 14:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul M (Post 35940101)
Yes, Librarians basically took over from Warehouse 13, both were a very similar premise.

Both were pure "silly" entertainment, much like Eureka as well.
I cant think of anything left now thats similarly just daft sci-fi/fantasy entertainment.

Neither can I. It makes me wonder what the future holds.

I'm pretty much like General Maximus, I love "True SciFi", to me that is in space and will be the future in the main.

Admittedly there is also SciFi based on this planet but it always involes something from the future, an example would be Continuum where a gang were sent back in time.

Most SciFi is a projection of what could happen or what is being developed with technology we have now.

SciFan (fantasy) can be viewed either as escapism or entertainment. Librarians, The Magicians and even anything by Terry Pratchett (IMHO) covers both escapism and (swear filter) good entertainment!

I think it was 5 years ago now I was talking to Chris Judge (Stargate) and he was pitching to a Canadian channel (Space or Science?) a SciFi series of a 1 hour episode and than afterwards a 30min discussion of the present or (being developed) future science which the episode was based on.

My total recollection is a bit faded as Chris and I drank the hotel in Newcastle dry of Scotch in one night!