Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   The Happy Thought Thread Part 4 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33664294)

heero_yuy 12-05-2015 14:44

Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35777406)
Having largely cut out the booze and been eating far more vegetables, fruit etc. I'm feeling a lot healthier than for a long time. As a bonus the weight is still coming off at a nice steady pace and Labour's demise has coincided with a huge drop in my blood pressure... :)

Well done. :tu:

We try to eat healthily but I'm afraid we do booze a bit though I do count the booze calories in the food totals so the weight stays off.

Osem 12-05-2015 14:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35777436)
Well done. :tu:

We try to eat healthily but I'm afraid we do booze a bit though I do count the booze calories in the food totals so the weight stays off.

Yup, huge calories in booze and to make it worse I always get the munchies afterwards so used to wind up eating even more. :erm:

Stop It 12-05-2015 15:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35777434)
Thanks. You're right about that. I'm lucky in that my excess weight is concentrated almost entirely around my torso so what I've lost is much more obvious than might have been the case if it was spread all over. That gives some added motivation when I'm feeling like giving in to the dreaded 'munchies'...

It's very hard to resist temptation but just see it as the cost of a better life overall.

I've been from 11st to 17.5st and back again over the past 5 years or so and have learned the hard way that a healthier lifestyle isn't just good, it's essential to your well being in general.

As for your last post very few people factor in calories from alcohol so just knowing about it is half the battle. There's nothing wrong with treats, or a few drinkies so long as you keep track and keep the calories used above calories consumed.

Osem 12-05-2015 15:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stop It (Post 35777442)
It's very hard to resist temptation but just see it as the cost of a better life overall.

I've been from 11st to 17.5st and back again over the past 5 years or so and have learned the hard way that a healthier lifestyle isn't just good, it's essential to your well being in general.

As for your last post very few people factor in calories from alcohol so just knowing about it is half the battle. There's nothing wrong with treats, or a few drinkies so long as you keep track and keep the calories used above calories consumed.

It's the same with sundries like mayonnaise, sauces etc. loads of hidden calories which all add up.

dilli-theclaw 12-05-2015 15:52

I'm down to just under 13st now. MY start was 23 - that was a few years back mind you.

At the moment my weight is just falling off :)

---------- Post added at 15:52 ---------- Previous post was at 15:29 ----------

Doing the housework with my bluetooth headphones on and listening to Dolly Parton, life is good :)

Osem 12-05-2015 17:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw (Post 35777450)
Doing the housework with my bluetooth headphones on and listening to Dolly Parton, life is good :)

You're not dressed like her are you mate?... :erm: ;)

It is amazing how music can transform your mood isn't it.

dilli-theclaw 12-05-2015 17:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osem (Post 35777485)
You're not dressed like her are you mate?... :erm: ;)

It is amazing how music can transform your mood isn't it.

if I looked like her I'd never be able to concentrate I tell you :)

joglynne 12-05-2015 19:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw (Post 35777487)
if I looked like her I'd never be able to concentrate I tell you :)

I can't make up my mind which I find the most amusing. Your head topping her great big bazoomers or her head full of plumped up bleached blond hair atop your manly figure. :D

Whichever I imagine, thank you for giving me a giggle on a day that was, up to now, quite depressing. :D :D

dilli-theclaw 12-05-2015 19:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by joglynne (Post 35777510)
I can't make up my mind which I find the most amusing. Your head topping her great big bazoomers or her head full of plumped up bleached blond hair atop your manly figure. :D

Whichever I imagine, thank you for giving me a giggle on a day that was, up to now, quite depressing. :D :D

The first one for sure :)

nashville 12-05-2015 23:53

Good for Dolly Parton

heero_yuy 14-05-2015 11:11

Just got my £20 shopping voucher for insuring the car with the AA so effectively £78 fully comp for the year. :)

Better get the MIG welder out and get the car a ticket. :D

SnoopZ 14-05-2015 11:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35777817)
Just got my £20 shopping voucher for insuring the car with the AA so effectively £78 fully comp for the year. :)

How many years do you think you have left with your biscuit tin? :D

nashville 14-05-2015 11:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35777817)

Good for you Heero ;)

heero_yuy 14-05-2015 11:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 35777819)
How many years do you think you have left with your biscuit tin? :D

I guess so long as there's enough metal to take a weld a while yet.:D I just wish Rover had had the guts to go with the all aluminium bodied version they were doing with Alcoa. Now that was glued together and no chance of rust.

Only 120K on the clock and the engine is still sweet. It's also a very rare car now and the value is going up. Cheap to run and service and goes like a rocket.

Toying with the idea of getting a cheap disposable run-about and then the Metty only comes out of the garage in good weather like other classic cars.

Osem 14-05-2015 13:43

We according to the ultrasound scan I had this morning, I have 2 nice looking kidneys and a bladder none of which contain kidney stones so I'm a happy bunny. :)