Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33698080)

denphone 22-01-2015 08:33

Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Its a very fine line regarding pain control as l take Tramadol but l never take the full dose.

dilli-theclaw 22-01-2015 08:40

The hospital gave me a long list of painkillers I can't take but a really short list of ones I can which is paracetamol so I need to go back :(

My kidney problems restrict what I can have.

denphone 22-01-2015 08:57

Paracetamol have never done anything for me either Dilli and l like you l have had reduced kidney function thus l have to adopt a tiptoe approach with regards to pain control and also get my kidney function checked on a regular basis

nashville 22-01-2015 10:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taf (Post 35754331)
If you are getting acid problems after chillied food, talk to your GP about GERD and Campylobacter Pylori. You should find that a short course of antibiotics and/or Omeprazole (Proton pump inhibitor) will sort you out like magic.

Chilli does not cause stomach problems, but often cures them IMHO.

Omerprazole is one that I take for Acid reflux and it is very good ;)

peanut 22-01-2015 12:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by raging bull (Post 35754423)
As I found out at my cost, my doc put me onto morphine pain patches.
Started with 5micro gram then 10, finished up with 15microgram which I could only manage for 3week periods. (Ended up with blocked bowel)
Now back onto pregabalin which although causes same bowel problems is not as severe.

Could ask for something like Targinact, which has an added ingredient that counters the binding effect of opiates. Buprenorphine patches did the same for me too as do any other type of opiates.

MalteseFalcon 22-01-2015 12:25

Had a worrying letter today. I saw the ophthalmology team last July for my right eye being a bit funny, with regards to seeing a bright light all the time. They said there was nothing wrong with me. Letter today, with a copy sent to my GP as well says I have corneal scarring and I need to take drops for a week. Now I need to see what is happening, as it is the right hospital number and everything.

denphone 22-01-2015 12:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkC1984 (Post 35754479)
Had a worrying letter today. I saw the ophthalmology team last July for my right eye being a bit funny, with regards to seeing a bright light all the time. They said there was nothing wrong with me. Letter today, with a copy sent to my GP as well says I have corneal scarring and I need to take drops for a week. Now I need to see what is happening, as it is the right hospital number and everything.

l hope everything works out with your eye Mark and l hope its not too serious.

dilli-theclaw 22-01-2015 13:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkC1984 (Post 35754479)

Yup - see if you can get it sorted ASAP. If there's one thing I learnt with my eyes, sometimes it can't wait.

MalteseFalcon 22-01-2015 14:13

Just read the letter again, and I'm fuming. All the right details, name DOB, NHS number and address. Yet the patient described in the letter is not me. I don't wear contact lenses, I have worse vision than 6/9 and so they have got patients mixed up. I feel sorry for the poor person who gets an all clear letter. And the appointment line at the hospital is busy. Number 50 in the queue. Will try again around 3 or 4.

denphone 23-01-2015 13:54

Back on a course of antibiotics again as my urine test showed up bacteria.:(

weenie 23-01-2015 14:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35754716)

Sorry to hear that den, hope the antibiotics kick in soon. Take care.

denphone 23-01-2015 14:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by weenie (Post 35754728)
Sorry to hear that den, hope the antibiotics kick in soon. Take care.

l seem to be prone to getting infections as my immune system is not 100% sadly.

GrimUpNorth 23-01-2015 16:34

Home Energy Services (formerly Eon's central heating cover). I've never had the misfortune to deal with a worse company. 9 days to get an engineer out to the boiler - and they think that's acceptable!! Contract runs out at the end of January so isn't being renewed. A case of pay peanuts....

British Gas coming tomorrow to fix the boiler (they can get here quicker than the shower above can get a manager to phone back!!), and new contract set up with them for the next 12 months.

I don't normally get angry but this lot have got right under my skin!!

Cheers

Grim

Hom3r 23-01-2015 22:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw (Post 35754322)
Much pain for a few weeks now. I'm just not getting much sleep and can't find any painkillers (that I can take) - that touch it. I guess I am going to have to go to the gp. I hate that - I hate that a LOT

Have you looked into acupuncture, my sister has IBS and swears by it. It doesn't work straight away, but will do after a several sessions, and the acupuncturist knew my sister was pregnant before my sister got to the 12wk stage.

So it might be an option to look at, and its drug free.

nashville 23-01-2015 23:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35754716)

Hope it clears up soon.

---------- Post added at 23:18 ---------- Previous post was at 23:16 ----------

I remember my brother got a letter to come in the hospital and get his leg amputated, There was not a thing wrong with his legs. Wrong patient same name,