Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Sport (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   General : WWE (no spoilers for 24 hours) (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33613781)

Russ 03-10-2011 16:41

Re: WWE

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDon (Post 35309301)
Couple of slight botches (from both sides) but nothing major.

lol I knew you'd say that - SC Blue was responsible for the majority.

Quote:

Disappointed that they didn't have someone on commentary actually explaining the feud, which actually has a pretty awesome story to it. Hunico wrestled as Mistico when he first started, then Mistico came along, working for the bigger promotion, and "stole" the name, forcing Hunico to rename to Incognito. The whole two Sin Caras thing has been Hunico saying "you stole my name, and now I'm stealing yours" (this is essentially what Hunico said in spanish on Smackdown). It would have been a pretty awesome storyline if it was actually built properly, with commentators who actually knew how to put a feud over. Instead we just got a gallery of idiots going "herp derp which ones which, I think that ones the real one" with no backstory given at all.

WWE like to make you think there was little or no life before Vince. Giving the full back story would have been too close to acknowledging other wrestling companies, something Vince hates to do unless absolutely necessary.

Quote:

Rhodes vs JoMo, awesome promo before, loving the return of the classic IC belt. Glad that WWE are making their midcard titles mean something again. With the tag team belts, the US title and the IC title all having important places as stepping stones to the two big ones we might see midcard feuds that actually work to develop and push people.
The match itself was pretty decent. Rhodes holding onto the ring post trying for a countout was great, even if it made him look a bit weak after saying he'd defend it against anyone at any time, it was still pretty good. Only one way it was going to end though, with JoMo continuing his losing streak.

The only redeeming feature in that was the return of the classic belt. JoMo has enough talent to be more than a serial jobber, and I don't buy Rhodes as any sort of champion. He's got some skills but is too small IMO.

Quote:

Beth vs K2, right result, wrong way to get there. After losing how many times to k2 desite dominating her, Beth finally wins due to outside interference. Way to make the Divas of Doom look strong there. K2 is the Cena of the Divas for some reason, I'd ask who she slept with to make that so, but we already know that.

Really hard to suspend my disbelief for this match. Kelly is high on looks and eye-candy factor, low....very low on ability. We're supposed to believe that Beth, a muscular woman with great ability could only beat Kelly by getting her hit by a foreign object? Botch after botch in that match from Kelly. I really wish they hadn't turned Nattie heel as a good face/heel match between her and Beth would be well worth looking forward to. As it stands we can look forward to weeks of Beth going over but only after been made to look stupid by poor quality opposition.

Quote:

The main event. Probably the best HIAC match in the PG era. Locking Cena out was awesome. My love for Ricardo continues, he's an awesome character. Fanning Del rio when he was down to try to bring him round was just great. The result was pretty odd, after giving Del rio the title, you then take it straight back off him, to put it straight back on him. The only thing it does is pushes CM Punk out of the title scene (he's had his rematch) and give Cena another title shot one on one with Del Rio.

The closing sequence, with Miz and R Truth, was gold. HHH has completely lost control, the lunatics have taken over the asylum. Be interesting to see how it all plays out on Raw tonight.

A friend of mine worked with Recardo when she was as FCW with him and she said he's very green but as they say there, he's got 'big paws'. He has tons of potential and will be a great worker in a few years if they use him properly.

Enjoyed the match and the ending had an excellent 'WTF?' feel to it. Agreed having Cena locked out was a stroke of genius although given his 'Superman' status it wouldn't have surprised me if they had him rip the door off or something stupid. The ending worked well although I'm surprised Cena lost seeing as he only won the title a month ago. The WWE Championship needs a nice long reign so I'm hoping ADR hold on to it for a while.

Miz and Truth's involvement was excellent too. You watch - Johnny Ace will threaten to bring charges against HHH for assault unless he resigns which will lead to Vince coming back and regaining his company.

TheDon 03-10-2011 20:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ (Post 35309337)
lol I knew you'd say that - SC Blue was responsible for the majority.

I knew you'd say that too! I disagree, I think there were a fair few spots that were saved by SC Blue, but they both had some poor positioning and timing on some spots. I'd say it was roughly 50/50 on who was responsible.

Quote:

WWE like to make you think there was little or no life before Vince. Giving the full back story would have been too close to acknowledging other wrestling companies, something Vince hates to do unless absolutely necessary.

Indeed, but I was just surprised that they had Hunico announce in spanish the entire reason behind it, but stopped short of doing an on air English run through (though they've done it on the website)

Quote:

The only redeeming feature in that was the return of the classic belt. JoMo has enough talent to be more than a serial jobber, and I don't buy Rhodes as any sort of champion. He's got some skills but is too small IMO.

JoMo is just screwing himself over at this point though. But credit to him for walking through everything the WWE have thrown at him.
I like Rhodes, he's a good talker, and can work a decent match. He's no main eventer, but as a midcarder he's pretty strong.

Quote:

Really hard to suspend my disbelief for this match. Kelly is high on looks and eye-candy factor, low....very low on ability. We're supposed to believe that Beth, a muscular woman with great ability could only beat Kelly by getting her hit by a foreign object? Botch after botch in that match from Kelly. I really wish they hadn't turned Nattie heel as a good face/heel match between her and Beth would be well worth looking forward to. As it stands we can look forward to weeks of Beth going over but only after been made to look stupid by poor quality opposition.

Aye, I was interested at the start of this angle, the idea that women wrestlers were going to take back the division from the barbie doll divas was awesome, but like everything else it just hasn't panned out how it should. K2 looks way stronger than she should, and Beth looks pretty foolish. Give it a few more months and we'll be back to Jerry Lawler shouting about puppies.

Quote:

A friend of mine worked with Recardo when she was as FCW with him and she said he's very green but as they say there, he's got 'big paws'. He has tons of potential and will be a great worker in a few years if they use him properly.

Aye, they're using him pretty well now, I just hope it carries on. He's got such great expressionism as well. He's often way more entertaining than the matches!

Quote:

Enjoyed the match and the ending had an excellent 'WTF?' feel to it. Agreed having Cena locked out was a stroke of genius although given his 'Superman' status it wouldn't have surprised me if they had him rip the door off or something stupid. The ending worked well although I'm surprised Cena lost seeing as he only won the title a month ago. The WWE Championship needs a nice long reign so I'm hoping ADR hold on to it for a while.

Miz and Truth's involvement was excellent too. You watch - Johnny Ace will threaten to bring charges against HHH for assault unless he resigns which will lead to Vince coming back and regaining his company.

Aye I was expecting a Mark Henry style cage door ripping, but no doubt he'll now claim Del Rio isn't legitimate because he didn't beat him, he just locked him out of the match. I hope Del Rio goes clean over him in the rematch, but it'll probably be an interference or DQ victory.

I definitely think we'll be seeing a Johnny Ace power move on Raw tonight, a class action with the rest of the locker room wanting HHH removed from power. I'm loving the new carlton style Otunga as well, who'd have thought that putting wresters in roles they're familiar with would lead to them actually being good

Russ 03-10-2011 20:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDon (Post 35309547)
He's no main eventer, but as a midcarder he's pretty strong.

That's just it though, I've always considered IC champs to be upper midcarders, or at least between mids and main eventers. I'm liking the mask gimmick but I don't see him as a champ.

Quote:

Aye, I was interested at the start of this angle, the idea that women wrestlers were going to take back the division from the barbie doll divas was awesome, but like everything else it just hasn't panned out how it should. K2 looks way stronger than she should, and Beth looks pretty foolish. Give it a few more months and we'll be back to Jerry Lawler shouting about puppies.

The only person Beth could have a good match with is her new 'best friend'. I'm sure they'll put them in a match somewhere along the line but it'll be heel vs heel so we won't get as much out of the match as we should.

Quote:

I definitely think we'll be seeing a Johnny Ace power move on Raw tonight, a class action with the rest of the locker room wanting HHH removed from power. I'm loving the new carlton style Otunga as well, who'd have thought that putting wrestlers in roles they're familiar with would lead to them actually being good

Remember Clarence Mason from circa 1996? Looking after the legal interests of the Nation of Domination? They should hook him up with Miz and Truth to give the 'conspiracy' angle more depth.

Russ 04-10-2011 13:51

Just watched this week's Raw - I can see where they're going with Kelly but I just don't think it works.

The ending was nicely played though, good to see they're using Mason Ryan properly so far as well.

Can't see how this couldn't end with Vince returning.

adzii_nufc 04-10-2011 14:42

I'm hoping the storyline is played out with Triple H knowing it's John setting this all up.

They said HHH had a choice of resigning or appointing someone else.

What if he does not appoint John :D

But it's predictable and will land with John which in turn will be a heel and we'll see a more heel biased Raw with AirBoom dropping the tag time titles and making it a full house of Heel's as the current WWE champions.

wwe 05-10-2011 18:41

they always show john on his mobile so i reckon he texting the other person who helping to get triple h sacked. but who??

TheDon 05-10-2011 23:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by wwe (Post 35310699)
they always show john on his mobile so i reckon he texting the other person who helping to get triple h sacked. but who??

Stephanie.

It's all too obvious for it to be Johnny Ace, so it's got to be Stephanie.

Russ 05-10-2011 23:43

But would they then play the "husband vs wife" angle? Everyone knows they're married and I can't seem them trying to kayfabe a divorce or a marriage-in-trouble.

I'm going on Vince being behind it in some way.

TheDon 05-10-2011 23:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ (Post 35310923)
But would they then play the "husband vs wife" angle? Everyone knows they're married and I can't seem them trying to kayfabe a divorce or a marriage-in-trouble.

I'm going on Vince being behind it in some way.

I can't see them bringing Vince back, and it's the only other thing that makes sense.
Stephanie the blood line getting over looked for the position in favour of HHH.

This is a company that was ridiculously close to pulling the trigger on an incest storyline, I think a bit of a domestic dispute would be par for the course.

Russ 06-10-2011 00:03

In fairness the incest thing was before the PG rules.

No, they're definitely bringing Vince back because apparently he went bananas backstage at Raw 2 weeks ago when ADR mentioned his name. Vince didn't want any reminders about him in case it deadens the impact of his return.

I see your point about being overlooked but the whole marriage thing is just so "out there" that I doubt even WWE would insult our intelligence by suggesting would risk giving up his position in the 'family'.

TheDon 06-10-2011 00:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ (Post 35310928)
In fairness the incest thing was before the PG rules.

No, they're definitely bringing Vince back because apparently he went bananas backstage at Raw 2 weeks ago when ADR mentioned his name. Vince didn't want any reminders about him in case it deadens the impact of his return.

I see your point about being overlooked but the whole marriage thing is just so "out there" that I doubt even WWE would insult our intelligence by suggesting would risk giving up his position in the 'family'.

I dunno though, Stephanie has popped up a bit in the storyline, wishing CM Punk good luck before Nash screwed him for instance.

The thing is we've had so many Vince leaves and comes back storylines that everyone's expecting it anyway. No one is going to go "oh my God Vince is back? What a manoeuvre!" they're going to go *sigh* "same old same old".

Chad 06-10-2011 01:16

What about Shane? I know he 'got out' but for the sake of a couple of hours a week, without any other proper commitments to the company, could he make a brief return to give this storyline a real surprise factor?

Russ 06-10-2011 01:18

Shane would be an interesting outside bet but those odds would be astronomical - for WWE to keep that sort of thing secret would be impossible.

Chad 06-10-2011 01:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ (Post 35310940)
Shane would be an interesting outside bet but those odds would be astronomical - for WWE to keep that sort of thing secret would be impossible.

Well there's more chance of it being Shane than Jake The Snake Roberts:D

adzii_nufc 11-10-2011 02:35

Lol @ all the predictions when it was horribly obvious who it was going to be..

Thanks WWE for being overly obvious and predictable, thats Raw switched off then per usual.

Best opening to RAW in the last 6 years on the bright side though!