Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   What have you fixed lately? (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33694731)

Dude111 05-12-2021 21:15

Well if the mouse was shorting out,wouldnt it cause problems for the computer??

I reckon it would lockup...... If the mouse shorted,it probably sends voltage into the computer so locking up probably is good? -- I dunno..... Its not a piece of Junk though,I love Win98se :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaymoss
Jebus Cripes Dude a cheap laser mouse is a couple of £/$ yet you still struggle with a ball. I think you need sectioning

Ah man!!

SnoopZ 05-12-2021 21:24

Re: What have you fixed lately?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dude111 (Post 36104439)
Well if the mouse was shorting out,wouldnt it cause problems for the computer??

I reckon it would lockup...... If the mouse shorted,it probably sends voltage into the computer so locking up probably is good? -- I dunno..... Its not a piece of Junk though,I love Win98se :)

Ah man!!

The mouse is likely fine and it is your computer that had a driver issue.

Dude111 05-12-2021 21:28

Hmmmm well this rollerball mouse thankfully works ok :)

Carth 16-04-2022 15:45

Hover mower . . while finishing the lawns last week it suddenly started making a horrible noise and vibrating badly :shocked:

It's getting on, so thought about a new one . . but many reviews about "cheap plastic Chinese crap" and ridiculous prices for said crap put me off.

Stripped mower down to basics, cleaned what I could, quick WD40 squirt where I couldn't, spun the blade over (whooohoo reversible blade) and she's running fine again :D

Mr K 16-04-2022 15:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carth (Post 36119277)
Hover mower . . while finishing the lawns last week it suddenly started making a horrible noise and vibrating badly :shocked:

It's getting on, so thought about a new one . . but many reviews about "cheap plastic Chinese crap" and ridiculous prices for said crap put me off.

Stripped mower down to basics, cleaned what I could, quick WD40 squirt where I couldn't, spun the blade over (whooohoo reversible blade) and she's running fine again :D

Did you clean and oil it at the end of last year ? No, I never bother either ;)

papa smurf 16-04-2022 16:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 36119278)

Cleaning that's the wife's job surely.

Carth 16-04-2022 16:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 36119278)

It doesn't have a label saying whether it's cool wash, boil wash, or even dry clean only . . what's a man supposed to do? :D

Taf 16-04-2022 18:33

Remade the steel mesh cover for the fishpond. Herons have been active, as have several feral cats, and I don't want to lose my fish to them.

I also replaced the chute that returns water to the pond after the filter has done its thing, and repaired the doors of a garden cupboard I built in 2001.

alanbjames 23-04-2022 17:53

Just retuned in Freeview to a TV after having a new in loft Ariel fitted due to outside one being damaged beyond repair and signal was breaking up all the time.

heero_yuy 27-04-2022 14:07

Braun 3000s electric shaver: Quality of the shave had been deteriorating over the last few weeks and when I looked at the drive components the pegs that engage with the cutter heads had worn almost away.

This is a set of components called "Oscillating bridges" These are readily available as a spare (Part #67030836) bought from Amazon market place, Sussex Spares for £9.99 delivered.

To replace the whole set remove the plastic drive components, they just pull off, note which side the dual piece is. With a suitable torx driver/bit undo the two screws and prise off the plastic cover and then the seal cover.

Slide off the rest of the cover to expose the motor drive components.

On the non-button side of the body slide up the cover and take it off.
Underneath is a rubber seal that the prong on the white plastic drives from the motor fits into. Remove the old ones and fit the new with a small blob of graphited grease on the motor's eccentric and ensure the peg fits in the seal.

Reassembly is the reverse of disassembly. When putting in the self tap screws rotate them anticlockwise until they "click" down and then clockwise as nornal until tight. This ensures that the screw is properly engaged with the thread. Refit the rest of the components making sure they click down properly. The single lower element has to be the right way round to mate with the plastic round the drive pin

Shave is now back to full standard. :)

Hom3r 29-04-2022 12:23

Yesterday I helped fix the door on the storage shed, of our new shed that we are moving into.

The other week some thugs forced open the door, the lock held, ironically.

We just screwed in some big screws and added a bolt on the second to help it.

But if someone wants to get in, they will

alanbjames 29-04-2022 19:58

Just fixed a squeak on the hinge of the door to our new shed.

Nothing a bit of WD40 cant sort out lol.

Jaymoss 29-04-2022 20:04

My reclining chair mechanism broke cannot afford a new one and it was sat all lopsided so added 4 feet made out of some 4x4 with some bed slats to keep it all stable. Proper good bodge job

Jan135 11-05-2022 13:57

I generally don't fix anything at my house, however my dad is an electrician and he is fixing my wiring occasionally.

peanut 11-05-2022 14:29

A Bissell lift off (the spot cleaner) hose wasn't spraying cleaner/water. The obvious would be the hose, trigger or the water pump motor... But no, the water/cleaner holder developed a slight dent underneath which means the valve does not connect with the base. So heated it up with a hairdryer which popped the dent out by the weight of the water still inside and job done.

What a stupid problem, probably designed to make you either buy parts which won't work so you'll end up buying a new cleaner.