Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33698080)

Maggy 19-04-2023 14:50

Re: Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

I am happy to drink what comes out of my tap. Southern Water is fine just out of the tap.

SnoopZ 19-04-2023 17:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggy (Post 36150142)
I am happy to drink what comes out of my tap. Southern Water is fine just out of the tap.

Hard water area here, if I leave a glass by bed over night it tastes terrible in morning but after going through Brita it tastes fine.

Mr K 19-04-2023 20:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggy (Post 36150142)

I'm happy to drink out of anything that says Chardonnay. Never let me down.

Jaymoss 20-04-2023 12:57

Someone has done a proper jobbie on me

Received a letter this morning off Virgin Media demanding payment of £23.78 part of which is an early disconnection fee of 125meg BB and a Telephone line neither of which do I have as I actually have 250meg BB only

Called once and go nowhere as the person could not get to grips with the fact I did not set the account up so have no idea what details were given.

I called again and this time billing kinda understood and asked if I had recently moved. I have lived here for 27 years. So someone who knows my name and address has used my name at a different address to get services and then early disconnected saying I have moved here. I dunno how long this has gone on for or if they are using my ID anywhere else but they must be stupid cuz they must have had these services somewhere.

The agent is getting in touch with VM fraud team about this. I dunno if I should actually call the old bill and report it as identity theft cuz I guess they is nothing stopping them doing this again with something else

I do think they have made an error. I know they used my name and created an email with my surname in. I also know they had a DD which was cancelled before final payment was taken. I also know they disconnected early but only £12 early I do not know how long the account lasted

I am guessing they said they were moving. Gave my real address as the new address as I was asked if I had just moved to which I said no I have been here 27 years. Which means they could have cancelled the DD thinking their last payment was made and did not intend to leave me owing money because if that is the case they are trackable to a working bank account. Lets just hope that is not fraudulent and in my name too

Maggy 20-04-2023 13:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 36150155)
Hard water area here, if I leave a glass by bed over night it tastes terrible in morning but after going through Brita it tastes fine.

I prefer hard water. Calcium is good for you.

Russ 21-04-2023 14:55

Indian call centres.

Or more specifically their use of English.

When you call up and they say “Can you help me with your account number” or “Can you help me with your name please”

When they ask the latter I always respond with “Certainly, what help do you need?” or “OK, it’s 2 names, one begins with R, the other begins with B”.

Seriously, who the hell is supposedly teaching them British English??

And they really hate it when you correct their English. Countless times I’ve told them it doesn’t make sense to ask that and they say they understand but ask the “can you help me with…” question later in the call.

Hugh 21-04-2023 15:20

Vets bills.

Our 14 year old Dalmatian was running in a field yesterday morning, when his back right leg appeared to drop into a dip/hole in the grass, and he flipped over. He was limping all the way home, and favouring it all yesterday.

When we got up to take him for a walk this morning, he couldn’t put any weight on it, and if he tried to walk, his leg would give way - obviously, we tried to get a vet’s appointment to get it checked out, but couldn’t get anything until later this afternoon. His pain appeared to be getting worse, so we contacted the vet and asked for an emergency appointment (which incurs a surcharge) which we got at the other branch of our regular vets; took him there at 11:30, their initial diagnosis was a torn tendon, but recommended x-rays to be sure it wasn’t anything worse.

We took him back to his regular vets, as they had the x-ray facilities there, and left him there (as he needs to be sedated for the x-rays and other checks.

Just got a call confirming it’s just (just!) a torn tendon, and we will pick him up just before 5, and discuss pain management and care with the vet.

Speaking of pain management - the cost of all this - a few pounds short of £1000 :shocked: :bigcry:

Mr K 21-04-2023 15:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 36150277)
Vets bills.

Our 14 year old Dalmatian was running in a field yesterday morning, when his back right leg appeared to drop into a dip/hole in the grass, and he flipped over. He was limping all the way home, and favouring it all yesterday.

When we got up to take him for a walk this morning, he couldn’t put any weight on it, and if he tried to walk, his leg would give way - obviously, we tried to get a vet’s appointment to get it checked out, but couldn’t get anything until later this afternoon. His pain appeared to be getting worse, so we contacted the vet and asked for an emergency appointment (which incurs a surcharge) which we got at the other branch of our regular vets; took him there at 11:30, their initial diagnosis was a torn tendon, but recommended x-rays to be sure it wasn’t anything worse.

We took him back to his regular vets, as they had the x-ray facilities there, and left him there (as he needs to be sedated for the x-rays and other checks.

Just got a call confirming it’s just (just!) a torn tendon, and we will pick him up just before 5, and discuss pain management and care with the vet.

Speaking of pain management - the cost of all this - a few pounds short of £1000 :shocked: :bigcry:

Dogs get quicker and better treatment than humans in this country. When pets got ill in my childhood, they got put down and you got another one if you were lucky.

Vets and dentists are bleeding the country dry....

Hope he and your bank balance recover soon.

Tinky 22-04-2023 09:41

Apparently Homeserve's Plumbing and drainage insurance does not cover air lock in radiators. :shrug: :rolleyes:

tweetiepooh 24-04-2023 11:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggy (Post 36150201)
I prefer hard water. Calcium is good for you.

There isn't a dietary relevant volume of Ca or Mg in tap water. So our softener which swaps out these for sodium isn't going to require us to increase our milk or vege consumption. There is some evidence that some may need to watch the increased sodium level and you can have a bypassed tap for drinking (and outside). When we get our kitchen redone we will be looking at a hardwater feed to the new boiler that can't take softened water in the heating circuit.

Soft water is much nicer. I don't have to descale things especially the trap buried in the shower.

Jaymoss 25-04-2023 14:32

The more incompetent organisations I have to deal with and factoring in my grumpy old mans lack of patience the more likely I am to go into a psychotic rage and end up with a cosy padded cell to live in

Dude111 25-04-2023 20:17

Im so sorry buddy,I do hope ya feel ok and all :)

Mr K 26-04-2023 19:00

Plastic grass. Why, just, why??

TheDaddy 27-04-2023 15:05

Had to have the cat put to sleep, 21 years old and such a good natured old girl, just a bit gutted :(

Hugh 27-04-2023 15:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 36150670)
Had to have the cat put to sleep, 21 years old and such a good natured old girl, just a bit gutted :(

Really sorry to hear this, Daddy - it’s like losing a family member.

Big virtual man hugs from Leeds.