Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Science & Technology (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   CF: Clickers Corner (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33653448)

LSainsbury 23-10-2011 09:35

Re: CF: Clickers Corner

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinky (Post 35319989)
Can someone please tell me how to set up my Panasonic Lumix DMC-FS10 12 mega pixel camera? I'd be very grateful. I am not happy with the sharpness as per attached photo.

Looks like low light / slower shutter leading to blur.

What does the EXIF info say? Give us all of that info.

Right rick the photo / properties and scroll down the details tab and it'll tell yuo the ISO, Shutter, Apature and some other stuff - just do a screen grab if it makes it easier than typing it out.

Tinky 23-10-2011 10:06

3 Attachment(s)
Hello Lee please see attached snips

idi banashapan 23-10-2011 10:17

setting the flash to auto will help you out. otherwise, a higher ISO setting should do it (in conjunction with relevant shutter speed for correct exposure) along with some kind of stablising (ie, tripod, monopod or leaning against something when hitting the shutter release)

Tinky 23-10-2011 10:31

Thanks for that Idi I will try a few experiments this afternoon and see how it goes. Will get back to you if any probs OK?

idi banashapan 23-10-2011 10:44

sounds like a plan. though I must admit, I try to avoid using flash as much as I can. I think natural / ambient light is FAR better. I know some strobists will argue, but it's personal preference!

LSainsbury 23-10-2011 13:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by idi banashapan (Post 35320028)
sounds like a plan. though I must admit, I try to avoid using flash as much as I can. I think natural / ambient light is FAR better. I know some strobists will argue, but it's personal preference!

Screen cap 2 is the setting we needed.

As said above - don't use flash. Try increasing the ISO and setting a faster shutter. Or use a mono / tripod...

Peter_ 23-10-2011 13:44

A Monopod like this on Ebay which shows the difference with and without.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-67-Stu...item2c5fcac310

Tinky 24-10-2011 09:00

2 Attachment(s)
Took a couple of photos changing the ISO, first photo ISO-80 and second is ISO-1600, but unfortunately can't see much difference, in fact the first seems the best. I have since changed all the settings to auto including ISO and flash, but what setting should the white balance be?

I don't want to buy one of these mono thingies as it won't fit in my handbag lol!;) Good suggestion though.

roger skillin 24-10-2011 14:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinky (Post 35320379)
Took a couple of photos changing the ISO, first photo ISO-80 and second is ISO-1600, but unfortunately can't see much difference, in fact the first seems the best. I have since changed all the settings to auto including ISO and flash, but what setting should the white balance be?

I don't want to buy one of these mono thingies as it won't fit in my handbag lol!;) Good suggestion though.

The first should be the best,and i can see a hugh difference in quality, the lower the ISO the better, always try and shoot on iso100 or the lowest it goes to unless you are shooting in poor light, then you can go up a little although on that sort of camera i wouldn't go higher than 800 due to loss of quality

---------- Post added at 14:07 ---------- Previous post was at 14:03 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinky (Post 35320006)
Hello Lee please see attached snips

The shutter speed on the second screenshot 1/8 is way to slow, this is why you are getting blurring problems, on manual setting you should be shooting with at least 1/100 to get a nice sharp picture

martyh 24-10-2011 16:38

I thought you guys might be interested in this ,some fantastic photo's here for the Landscape photographer of the year competition

Tinky 24-10-2011 18:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by roger skillin (Post 35320494)
The first should be the best,and i can see a hugh difference in quality, the lower the ISO the better, always try and shoot on iso100 or the lowest it goes to unless you are shooting in poor light, then you can go up a little although on that sort of camera i wouldn't go higher than 800 due to loss of quality

---------- Post added at 14:07 ---------- Previous post was at 14:03 ----------

The shutter speed on the second screenshot 1/8 is way to slow, this is why you are getting blurring problems, on manual setting you should be shooting with at least 1/100 to get a nice sharp picture

At the moment Roger I've got it set at intelligent ISO (?) but how to adjust the shutter speed or is that the same thing? :dunce:

Phil-ntl 01-11-2011 20:25

Hi all. After a little info regarding my latest purchase.

After having a Digital Bridge camera for a couple of years I've been toying with a DSLR for a while now. Mainly for the greater versatility, ability to use different lenses etc.

I've finally taken the plunge and on a limited budget, gone for the entry level Nikon D3000 with 18-55 vr lense kit for £299 all in. (They even threw in an 8gig ultra sd).

Good choice or bad choice? Anyone had any experience with this particular camera and if so how have you found it to be in terms of quality images and versatility.

I'm really a bit of a novice when it comes to photography so any hints welcome.

Phil

raging bull 12-11-2011 20:56

Replacement digital camera, for a lady.
Required a digital camera with a viewfinder, problems with sun on screen.
Price for replacement no problem, but it must be small. (something you would put into a jacket pocket)
Just had a quick look at that shop that shifts computers in boxes, PC W****.
Nothing found at all, nearest was a bridge camera about the size of half a house brick.

Cobbydaler 12-11-2011 21:06

Not cheap, but...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001T9NH5G/

raging bull 12-11-2011 21:11

Do I see correctly £427 pounds, who are they trying to kid.
Too rich for me, a couple of hundred maybe.