Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Television (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   UK Timeline : Doctor Who : Season 6 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33672247)

Zing 23-04-2011 19:18

Re: Doctor Who : Season 6

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt D (Post 35220463)
So...

- The control room thing in the tunnels reminded me of the ship in "The Lodger". Was it the same?

- How can Matt Smith's Doctor truly die? Wouldn't that mean that Matt Smith would have to be the last one, & so mean that the Doctor couldn't regenerate again if Smith left the show? Must be a way around it...

- The Silence... can someone remind me which ep they/it were in in the previous series?

they can do anything they want can't they lol

Chris 23-04-2011 20:09

- Yes, it was the timeship control room from "The Lodger", which guest-starred James Corden. Who is also, as it happens, appearing at some point in this series. :scratch:

carlwaring 23-04-2011 20:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt D (Post 35220463)
- The control room thing in the tunnels reminded me of the ship in "The Lodger". Was it the same?

Yes. Why? We don't know yet,

Quote:

- How can Matt Smith's Doctor truly die? Wouldn't that mean that Matt Smith would have to be the last one, & so mean that the Doctor couldn't regenerate again if Smith left the show? Must be a way around it...
There is. Wibbly, wobbly... and time can be re-written.

Quote:

- The Silence... can someone remind me which ep they/it were in in the previous series?
Mentioned throughout... "Silence will fall." BTW, point of order. They're actually called the Silents.

adzii_nufc 24-04-2011 13:45

I thought there was more to the mysterious Delaware guy but just turned out to be the Ex-FBI agent

Although do keep an eye on Amy's Pregnancy, May turn out to be interesting.

watzizname 24-04-2011 19:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlwaring
There is. Wibbly, wobbly... and time can be re-written.

Yep, Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey.. and now Bumpy Wumpy. :wtf: Even Matt Smith didn't look too comfortable saying it.

Anyways, despite the whole "Most powerful" this and that ego stroking the Americans received, and the unlikely usage of the word Gasoline instead of Petrol, I rather enjoyed it.

Was a real treat to see both William and Mark Sheppard in last nights episode, as per usual, they delivered the goods.

I like that we've come into this story more toward the mid point, and that there seems to be an awful lot of misdirection in play.

Who are the real victims, and who are the real villains? I doubt it's anything like as obvious as we're being led to believe.

Looking forward to the next episode :)

martyh 24-04-2011 19:54

very good first episode i believe that River Song is the astronaut that kills the future doctor and possibly Amy's child

Lord Nikon 24-04-2011 23:48

Some thoughts

Spoiler: 

Karen Gillan seems to be the astronaut, I wouldn't be surprised if the girl they can hear is Amy's future daughter, I think River Song is a timelord in cloak as Tennant's doctor was in 'Family of Blood' possibly Romanadvortrelundar, Omega will probably be returning in this season which could mean a restart of the timelords. Oh and I think this is to be a Dalek free season.

Paul 25-04-2011 00:22

I dont think you need to hide your thoughts :)

Stuart 25-04-2011 00:32

Steven Moffat has already said they will not include the Daleks unless they come up with a good reason to do so, and a story to back it up.

Thinking about it, Russell T Davis used them in every series. In the original, over the entire 25 years, they were apparently used in only about 11 stories. I think they were all the more scary because they were not used that often.

Lord Nikon 25-04-2011 02:13

The first part of my post is in the leader for the next episode, so I didn't want to spoil it for anyone waiting for the ep to find out.

Pierre 26-04-2011 11:10

Good episode for this Doctor, possibly the best so far.

Maybe he may finally grow into the role during his second season.

Didn't like the innuendo between song and the Dr......."I'm a bit of a screamer" ooer......

Need to explain to me how Amy is pregnant, isn't Rory made of plastic???????? or did I miss something.

dilli-theclaw 26-04-2011 11:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pierre (Post 35222394)
Need to explain to me how Amy is pregnant, isn't Rory made of plastic???????? or did I miss something.

That is true - but she didn't say it was his.

Chris 26-04-2011 11:19

Rory isn't made of plastic ... history was re-booted from the ground up at the end of the last series, so the events that killed him didn't happen ... or something timey-wimey like that. :spin:

Damien 26-04-2011 11:51

I hope they don't bring the Daleks back for a good while. I find them rather tiresome, they keep getting defeated forever, Then somehow survive in the space between existence (or some equally absurd excuse) and come back again and again. It loses the appeal and the drama when the big bad reveal is the bloody Daleks or Cybermen again. They should use them rarely, and by that I mean every few seasons.

I also find them boring. Much prefer The Master as that's a much more interesting character and danger.

Stephen 26-04-2011 13:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35222445)
I hope they don't bring the Daleks back for a good while. I find them rather tiresome, they keep getting defeated forever, Then somehow survive in the space between existence (or some equally absurd excuse) and come back again and again. It loses the appeal and the drama when the big bad reveal is the bloody Daleks or Cybermen again. They should use them rarely, and by that I mean every few seasons.

I also find them boring. Much prefer The Master as that's a much more interesting character and danger.

I think Moffat already stated that the daleks will not be in this season. However the Cybermen will.