Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Stopping smoking support. (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33655886)

TheDaddy 28-09-2009 09:22

Re: Stopping smoking support.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggy J (Post 34879825)
And why not see it from a moderator's point of view?:p:

Meh if I'd wanted to do that I'd have applied to be one :dozey:

Anyway if your struggling Mr A or anyone else for that matter there is a link in the adds at the top of this thread to Allen Carr, I know several people who gave up after reading his book, several out of millions worldwide apparently. Only 99p from Amerzon to.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Allen-Carrs-.../dp/0140277633

Hugh 28-09-2009 09:56

Anyhoo, back to the support thing......

Fingy 28-09-2009 12:50

Well done Mr A. Bet all the mini angries are really proud.

Does that mean I have to quit to get a boat trip? :erm:

Gimme a shout some time.

Sirius 28-09-2009 15:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by sollp (Post 34879646)
Can you and others please carry on smoking, preferrably increasing your habit as, "This country needs you" for THE TAXES RAISED FROM SMOKING, thank you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggy J (Post 34879663)
Seems an odd way of providing support?:confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirius (Post 34879706)
It was sarcasm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggy J (Post 34879713)
And how did you work that one out?:confused:

Can I suggest if you want to avoid being thought of as out to cause trouble you think carefully what you post and also use the smileys so those of us who don't have the benefit of telepathy can cotton on...;)

I was not the original poster so why have a go at me, may i suggest you have a go at them instead ???

Gary L 28-09-2009 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirius (Post 34880088)
I was not the original poster so why have a go at me, may i suggest you have a go at them instead ???

I was going to mention that bit, but I thought I better not :)

Maggy 28-09-2009 19:35

Right everyone BACK on topic which is being supportive of Mr A and others in trying to give up smoking.The very next post that is off topic or non supportive will be deleted.

sollp 28-09-2009 22:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggy J (Post 34879713)
And how did you work that one out?:confused:

Can I suggest if you want to avoid being thought of as out to cause trouble you think carefully what you post and also use the smileys so those of us who don't have the benefit of telepathy can cotton on...;)

soz :rolleyes:

Jules 29-09-2009 14:17

Keep going Mr A best thing you will ever do I wish I could.

Mr Angry 29-09-2009 18:17

Jules - let me tell you if I can try it anyone can.

Today was TERRIBLE - real cravings for the fist time - left the office early and went home for fear of stabbing someone or throwing someone out of a window.

Secretly I have staff whom I'd previously considered these options for as a viable option - even when I was smoking.

I must really be starting to detox now (15 days in) as the point where my patch was looks like a square "love bite".

My GP's receptionist advised me to stop with the chewing gum and mints as they were not helping since they too were a habit I had in tandem with smoking.

She recommends brandyballs - who am I to argue?

Tinky 29-09-2009 18:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Angry (Post 34880826)

Today was TERRIBLE - real cravings for the fist time - left the office early and went home for fear of stabbing someone or throwing someone out of a window.

Secretly I have staff whom I'd previously considered these options for as a viable option - even when I was smoking.

I must really be starting to detox now (15 days in) as the point where my patch was looks like a square "love bite".

My GP's receptionist advised me to stop with the chewing gum and mints as they were not helping since they too were a habit I had in tandem with smoking.

You are doing really well Mr Angry, don't give up giving up. It's all too easy to just pick up a fag and smoke it, and then what? You will hate yourself for being weak, and your 15days of struggle have all been for nothing, imagine starting all over again :Yikes: ! You CAN and WILL do it. Take one day at a time. We are all rooting for you!

Sirius 29-09-2009 20:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Angry (Post 34880826)

Keep going Mr A its well worth it :tu:

Tezcatlipoca 29-09-2009 20:11

Keep at it, Mr Angry! :)

Maggy 29-09-2009 20:19

Come on you can do better than 15 days..just try one more day.

One day at a time..

Have you set a reward for the first month?Like a day trip or a show or a film.Setting small goals of time and then rewarding yourself for getting there is one way to keep going.:)

Mr Angry 29-09-2009 20:31

Guys...still going strong. Thanks for the support & encouragement.

Tony. 29-09-2009 20:37

I found using a stress-ball helped with the murderous thoughts.
Keep up keeping up :)