Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Terrorist Attack Near Parliament, London (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33704649)

Gary L 23-03-2017 12:18

Re: Terrorist Attack Near Parliament, London

May said London is the greatest city on earth.

oh shut up you arrogant British idiots. it's not the greatest city on earth at all.

ianch99 23-03-2017 12:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary L (Post 35891391)

oh shut up you arrogant British idiots. it's not the greatest city on earth at all.

Trolling?

Osem 23-03-2017 13:53

Meanwhile, back on the subject:

Quote:

'Depraved' attack - says Muslim Council
Posted at
13:47
The Muslim Council of Britain has condemned the attack and said its secretary general, Harun Khan, will join thousands of Londoners, including Muslims, at Trafalgar Square this evening.

"This attack was cowardly and depraved," Mr Khan said: "There is no justification for this act whatsoever.

"The best response to this outrage is to make sure we come together in solidarity and not allow the terrorists to divide us.

"My condolences, thoughts and prayers go to the families of the victims.

"I hope my Muslim brothers and sisters will reach out to fellow Londoners and Britons in solidarity to demonstrate that such hatred will not defeat our way of life."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-39355505

The best response to acts like this. :tu:

Damien 23-03-2017 14:44

In slightly uplifting news as well, although not sure that's the right word, a fundraising campaign for the family of the murdered Policeman has already reached £82,000.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/Keith-palmer

---------- Post added at 14:44 ---------- Previous post was at 14:32 ----------

Quote:

Sorta of is though. :cool:

Maggy 23-03-2017 15:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianch99 (Post 35891401)
Trolling?

Ignore him..

Osem 23-03-2017 15:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggy J (Post 35891429)
Ignore him..

:tu:

peanut 23-03-2017 15:34

The over the top media frenzy is getting somewhat cringe worthy now. And playing right into the terrorists hands.

Osem 23-03-2017 15:47

Love this:

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/at...8&d=1490284131

https://twitter.com/richardadalton/s...shut-down-city

Ramrod 23-03-2017 15:55

Quote:

I'd say that it is, but I'm biased :D

---------- Post added at 15:55 ---------- Previous post was at 15:48 ----------

Possible attack foiled in Belgum
Quote:

A man has been arrested in the Belgian city of Antwerp after trying to drive his car into a crowd on a busy shopping street on Thursday morning, forcing pedestrians to jump out of the vehicle’s way.

Police stopped the French-plated car and arrested the driver this morning, apparently preventing an intended terror attack Thursday morning. Belgian newspaper 7Sur7 reports “weapons” were found inside the red Citroen car, and that bomb disposal engineers are presently on site.

The vehicle had been identified as suspicious by security services after it drove at high speed through a shopping street in Antwerp. The car was subsequently intercepted at the port of Antwerp and the driver arrested.

The mayor of Antwerp Bart De Wever called a press conference Thursday afternoon, calling the event a “possible attack”.

buckeye 23-03-2017 15:56

The emergency services and those civilians unfortunate enough to be caught up in yesterdays events who helped their fellow humans inside a danger zone yesterday have rightly been praised but I'd like to praise my fellow Londoners as well.

This morning around 16 hours after yesterdays tragic events I was working in a street called Strutton Ground, this is approximately 200-300 yards from Parliament Square, with the exception of the police helicopter that was still circling the crime scene Strutton Ground was its normal bustling rush hour self with people of all faiths and nationalities going about their normal business.

It brought home to me how pointless yesterdays tragic loss of life was, but reaffirmed the faith I have in the vast majority of those I share this great city with.

Osem 23-03-2017 15:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by buckeye (Post 35891443)
The emergency services and those civilians unfortunate enough to be caught up in yesterdays events who helped their fellow humans inside a danger zone yesterday have rightly been praised but I'd like to praise my fellow Londoners as well.

This morning around 16 hours after yesterdays tragic events I was working in a street called Strutton Ground, this is approximately 200-300 yards from Parliament Square, with the exception of the police helicopter that was still circling the crime scene Strutton Ground was its normal bustling rush hour self with people of all faiths and nationalities going about their normal business.

It brought home to me how pointless yesterdays tragic loss of life was, but reaffirmed the faith I have in the vast majority of those I share this great city with.

Yes. It was the same during the IRA campaign and I'm sure during WWII although I'm not quite old enough to remember that. It wasn't just London either - neither terrorists nor wartime enemies have stopped the British getting on with their lives wherever they took their terror.

denphone 23-03-2017 16:13

Quote:

l ain't interested what PM May says as she is simply stating what normal people already know but sadly you must have your rose tinted glasses on again because if you can't see that London is a great city then there really is no helping you Gary.

Hugh 23-03-2017 16:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by pip08456 (Post 35891385)
That's the main problem, the muslim community is not very vocal about condemning terrorism and the majority of the community probabley support it. Who knows.

They don't actually need to use terrorism to establish a muslim Europe, all they need is patience. In a few generations they'll become the majority as they typically have more children. Like it or not it will happen eventually.

Thankfully I'll not be here to see it.

I remember when they said this about the Irish Catholic community in this country - it wasn't true then.

(I was a member of that community)

Gary L 23-03-2017 16:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianch99 (Post 35891401)
Trolling?

I don't think she is. she's just deluded.

---------- Post added at 16:47 ---------- Previous post was at 16:44 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by peanut (Post 35891438)
The over the top media frenzy is getting somewhat cringe worthy now. And playing right into the terrorists hands.

We're experts at going over the top. there's even call for a state funeral for the police man?

---------- Post added at 16:48 ---------- Previous post was at 16:47 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35891445)
l ain't interested what PM May says as she is simply stating what normal people already know but sadly you must have your rose tinted glasses on again because if you can't see that London is a great city then there really is no helping you Gary.

Rubbish.

Paul 23-03-2017 19:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35891445)
... you must have your rose tinted glasses on again because if you can't see that London is a great city then there really is no helping you Gary.

He actually just stated its not the greatest city, not that it wasnt a great city ;)

On that point, I happen to agree with him as such (just not his idiotic way of posting it :dozey:).

Personally, I dislike London, and avoid it as much as possible.