Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33698080)

tweetiepooh 07-11-2022 12:19

Re: Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Our water issue was a burst main under the kitchen. Why the first plumber didn't do the basic check and turn off water at road saving lots of hassles and nigh on 3 weeks of mopping up close to 100l/day. At least metre was broken so didn't register it.

Now waiting for report from Dynoplumb to insurers can work out if they pay and what they pay for any damage. On the plus side we did find the damaged rainwater drain and have that sorted.

Tinky 15-11-2022 12:11

We've been woken up the last 2 mornings 6am with the smoke alarm going off. No smoke, and the alarm has a replacement date of 2033!

denphone 15-11-2022 12:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinky (Post 36139999)
We've been woken up the last 2 mornings 6am with the smoke alarm going off. No smoke, and the alarm has a replacement date of 2033!

That would suggest to me that it could be faulty Tinky unless something outside near your area is drifting in through open windows or doors but seeing it was raining cats and dogs this morning that would be highly unlikely.

joglynne 15-11-2022 12:35

Does the timing coincide with anything, such as a central heating boiler, switching on?

Tinky 15-11-2022 15:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 36140001)
That would suggest to me that it could be faulty Tinky unless something outside near your area is drifting in through open windows or doors but seeing it was raining cats and dogs this morning that would be highly unlikely.

I reckon it is faulty, does not coincide with any boiler etc settings. Unfortunatly I can't remember where I bought it. A friend suggested I contact the local fire station and get their men to test, can't do that, seeing all these handsome young men in uniform could be too much for this old heart lol! Safer to buy a new one. :D

Mr K 16-11-2022 10:46

Iphones, do my head in.

Got one for work. Took ages to work out how to get it go to go into landscape mode.... Everything else is difficult to control. Every update seems to change settings back to what they want rather than you've set....

I shall stick to my trusty Android.

denphone 16-11-2022 11:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 36140117)
Iphones, do my head in.

Got one for work. Took ages to work out how to get it go to go into landscape mode.... Everything else is difficult to control. Every update seems to change settings back to what they want rather than you've set....

l prefer the trusty Android as well as l am not a lover of Apples closed systems.

Hugh 16-11-2022 11:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 36140117)
Iphones, do my head in.

I find both systems good, in their own way - I have an Android phone and an iPad Pro tablet (not had the "settings" issue you refer to, neither has SWMBO on her iPhone or iPad).

I suppose it’s what you’re used to that is sometimes the issue - anything "different" can be a challenge for some…

TheDaddy 16-11-2022 14:55

Back at Moorfields, thinking of moving house to make it more convenient! Still shouldn't grumble :)

SnoopZ 17-11-2022 00:30

A ridiculous moan but I keep wanting to spend money but never find anything I really want or need!

Jaymoss 17-11-2022 05:32

Insomnia or mainly insomnia at night. I always wake up anxious and lately I have not been able to get back to sleep

Mr K 17-11-2022 05:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaymoss (Post 36140182)
Insomnia or mainly insomnia at night. I always wake up anxious and lately I have not been able to get back to sleep

Australia England cricket is on if its any help. Sure to send you to sleep !

Jaymoss 17-11-2022 05:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 36140183)
Australia England cricket is on if its any help. Sure to send you to sleep !

hahahahaha

Tinky 17-11-2022 08:34

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaymoss (Post 36140182)

Have you tried the military method Jay?

Jaymoss 17-11-2022 08:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinky (Post 36140190)
Have you tried the military method Jay?

Worth a go but I find relaxing difficult at the best of time. Living with clinical anxiety sucks