Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33698080)

Hugh 14-09-2022 18:05

Re: Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 36134166)
Marigolds is my weapon of choice, never failed me yet!

How are they on stuck jar lids… ;)

joglynne 14-09-2022 18:53

If you always use the same brand just keep a lid to use after you viciously stab the offending inanimate object to release the vacuum.

....Feeling a tad annoyed at the moment so I am enjoying taking my feelings out on annoying inanimate objects. .... Normal service will be resumed once I have slammed the door a couple more times.

Tinky 15-09-2022 08:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by joglynne (Post 36134186)

....Feeling a tad annoyed at the moment so I am enjoying taking my feelings out on annoying inanimate objects. .... Normal service will be resumed once I have slammed the door a couple more times.

I waited an hour and 10 minutes being 23rd in the queue on the phone to the doctors, only to be told the result of my Xray can take from 7 to 10 days, I was told it would be there yesterday by the radiographer. :mad:

Think I'll join Jo's club :D

Jaymoss 15-09-2022 09:33

I too have an issue I need to discuss with my GP but tbh I dunno if I can be assed with the hassle of trying to get an appointment

Tinky 15-09-2022 10:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaymoss (Post 36134217)
I too have an issue I need to discuss with my GP but tbh I dunno if I can be assed with the hassle of trying to get an appointment

It's almost impossible to get a face to face appointment, I usually get a 'telephone consultation'. But if you are fortunate to get an appointment, there is hardly anyone in the waiting room, even taking covid into consideration. :shrug:

Jaymoss 15-09-2022 10:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinky (Post 36134220)
It's almost impossible to get a face to face appointment, I usually get a 'telephone consultation'. But if you are fortunate to get an appointment, there is hardly anyone in the waiting room, even taking covid into consideration. :shrug:

yeah I have had phone consultation on the issue I have and had blood tests but then when the bloods show nothing the investigation ends. But I still have the issue. very frustrating

heero_yuy 15-09-2022 10:24

Quote:

....Feeling a tad annoyed at the moment so I am enjoying taking my feelings out on annoying inanimate objects.

Don't forget the "Innate hostility of inanimate objects". They usually get their own back. :D

joglynne 15-09-2022 12:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinky (Post 36134212)
I waited an hour and 10 minutes being 23rd in the queue on the phone to the doctors, only to be told the result of my Xray can take from 7 to 10 days, I was told it would be there yesterday by the radiographer. :mad:

Think I'll join Jo's club :D

Don't slam the door too often or you may end up having the door knob fall off leaving you locked in the room until SOMEONE decides it's safe to turn his hearing aid back on and open said door. Also don't kick the door on your way out because you could end up with a bruised toe!!!!!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaymoss (Post 36134217)

Doctors aren't real inanimate objects they just share the same amount of brain cells at times.:(
Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 36134222)
Don't forget the "Innate hostility of inanimate objects". They usually get their own back. :D

The ones I encountered yesterday certainly got their own back on me. MY toes is still red and throbbing just like you see in cartoons. <<<cry>>>>

Maggy 15-09-2022 16:09

Quote:

If you always use the same brand just keep a lid to use after you viciously stab the offending inanimate object to release the vacuum.

😆😆😆. Satisfying until you break something.

joglynne 15-09-2022 17:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggy (Post 36134242)
😆😆😆. Satisfying until you break something.

Not a laughing matter Mrs M. :nono: My painful, swollen toe even moved my GP to arrange an Xray early tomorrow morning. However I shall not forgive him for sniggering when I explained what had happened. He's definitely off my Christmas card list!!!!!!

It's a good job I have an extremely long fuse when it comes to losing my temper, I may mutter a lot but normally it takes a lot to get to the point where I throw a tantrum. :D :D :D

Tinky 23-09-2022 09:08

Finally got the results of my back/hips Xray to find out what is causing this pain. Result abnormal, as expected, no further action. I am dumbfounded not only have they reduced my painkillers but they expect me to endure this for the rest of my days, whilst looking after our home and invalid hubby. :(

Maggy 23-09-2022 09:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinky (Post 36134748)
Finally got the results of my back/hips Xray to find out what is causing this pain. Result abnormal, as expected, no further action. I am dumbfounded not only have they reduced my painkillers but they expect me to endure this for the rest of my days, whilst looking after our home and invalid hubby. :(

:(:(:(:(:(

Russ 23-09-2022 09:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ (Post 36131161)
Court rant.

<snip>

Success 😎

Jaymoss 23-09-2022 10:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russ (Post 36134751)
Success ��

Is this about your son? If so I am really pleased for you.

denphone 23-09-2022 11:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinky (Post 36134748)

l am so sorry to hear about this Tinky.:(:(