Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Microsoft Games Systems (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   The Xbox One Thread (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33693514)

colin25 27-08-2013 19:46

Re: The Xbox One Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 35615207)
Where is the recommended place to buy the Xbox One on pre order as i have finally decided to stay with Xbox? :)

And are the cost of the games likely to be cheaper than £50 when bought in the UK as that is a joke, surely they will be if we can import them for around £38?

I stopped my pre-order.

But equally, there might be trade-in offers going closer to the time. I have a PS3 or xbox 360 that I would happily trade in

SnoopZ 27-08-2013 19:57

Where did you order it from though?

colin25 27-08-2013 20:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 35615351)
Where did you order it from though?

Game

SnoopZ 27-08-2013 20:04

I don't really play football games but seeing it is free on this pre order while stocks last i thought i would snap it up.

Also i plan to import 2 games for around £38 each rather than buying from the UK too.

SnoopZ 28-08-2013 15:30

It looks like i have missed the Amazon Day one edition as they're now out of stock, hope it comes back in stock soon as i thought it was good to buy from there seeing they're so big.

I am now looking at Tesco, is there a better option?

adzii_nufc 28-08-2013 15:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 35615619)
It looks like i have missed the Amazon Day one edition as they're now out of stock, hope it comes back in stock soon as i thought it was good to buy from there seeing they're so big.

I am now looking at Tesco, is there a better option?

Well there's the option I'm considering which is waiting all the way up to about release day in hopes of seeing bundles offered by stores.

Hoping to snag at least 2 games, 2 controllers, wireless headset & P+P kit with the console.

Littlewoods usually offer these but at ridiculous prices.

SnoopZ 28-08-2013 16:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by adzii_nufc (Post 35615625)
Well there's the option I'm considering which is waiting all the way up to about release day in hopes of seeing bundles offered by stores.

Hoping to snag at least 2 games, 2 controllers, wireless headset & P+P kit with the console.

Littlewoods usually offer these but at ridiculous prices.

I just ordered the Day One Edition with the free Fifa 14, all i paid was a £20 deposit.

As for games, i will always import them from places like Play Asia for around £38 rather than paying the £50-60 UK current prices.

All in all i am happy i stuck with the Xbox i think, i am looking forward to the new controller with the new impulse trigger rumble, and Titan Fall looks awesome. :)

SnoopZ 28-08-2013 18:38

There is an interesting technical post over at Neowin about the X1 architecture, which seems to point to it being far better than people had thought. The forum posts mean nothing to me but it is a good read, if it is accurate.

http://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/11...-silicon-talk/

nstokes 28-08-2013 19:52

For the people that are getting games on disk you aware that smart match won't be too great as you will have to ether wait or change the disk when it's matched a game

SnoopZ 28-08-2013 19:54

I don't know what smart match is, i won't be buying digital if those digital games cost £50-60 pounds, but if i can get them for £38 the same as an import disk then i would go digital. :)

Why would you need to change the disk when those disks are blu ray, so surely they will mostly be 1 disk games? :)

colin25 28-08-2013 19:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 35615764)
I don't know what smart match is, i won't be buying digital if those digital games cost £50-60 pounds, but if i can get them for £38 the same as an import disk then i would go digital. :)

Ditto

Perhaps nstokes can explain it :)

SnoopZ 28-08-2013 20:04

I don't have anyone on my friends list that i play with so it wouldn't affect me i don't think, although i will give out my gamer tag when i get the console on here again, but with working shifts most people are at work when i play.

nstokes 28-08-2013 20:27

Smart match

http://news.xbox.com/2013/07/games-smartmatch-feature

If you are playing Forza from a disk and you are waiting for a game of Ghosts once a game Ghosts is ready you have to get up and take out Forza disk and put in Ghosts disk before you can play

SnoopZ 28-08-2013 20:30

That will never be a problem for me as i won't be waiting for things like that, as i work too much for that and only play 1 game at a time.

Do you intend to buy all your games digital even if they cost £50-£60 a game? :)

I havent played a racing game online in years and after seeing a Forza video i think that will be a game to purchase from Play Asia or similar. :)

nstokes 28-08-2013 20:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnoopZ (Post 35615794)
That will never be a problem for me as i won't be waiting for things like that, as i work too much for that and only play 1 game at a time.

Do you intend to buy all your games digital even if they cost £50-£60 a game? :)

I think i will go DD. I think games will be the same price for on disk and DD to start off with anyway