Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   General : ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33688944)

paultrademark 19-03-2013 11:32

Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave42 (Post 35550311)
and some people say sky don't overcharge for things unbelievable

Yeah it's ridiculous, we have a family member who subscribes to Sky with the Sky Sports package so use their login to view any games on SkySports I want to see using Sky Go.

If they made this PAYG service a reasonable price, I would have considered using it, but guess they can't make it cheaper than having the actual package from them.

Dave42 19-03-2013 11:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by paultrademark (Post 35550314)
Yeah it's ridiculous, we have a family member who subscribes to Sky with the Sky Sports package so use their login to view any games on SkySports I want to see using Sky Go.

If they made this PAYG service a reasonable price, I would have considered using it, but guess they can't make it cheaper than having the actual package from them.

very true but should make it a reasonable price not a rip off price

paultrademark 19-03-2013 11:41

Which asks the question, what is a reasonable price?

£5 per day seems about right to me, so even if you wanted to do it for Sat/Sun over a month to watch football it would cost you £50 this month for example.

Or if you wanted to watch a golf open, over 4 days it would be £20 which seems fair.

Dave42 19-03-2013 11:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by paultrademark (Post 35550318)
Which asks the question, what is a reasonable price?

£5 per day seems about right to me, so even if you wanted to do it for Sat/Sun over a month to watch football it would cost you £50 this month for example.

Or if you wanted to watch a golf open, over 4 days it would be £20 which seems fair.

yes agree £5 a day seems fair to me too and they still get a decent profit

nstokes 19-03-2013 11:48

Just been reading the BT sports post a few pages back. So no bundle deal like ESPN on Sky Sports. Looks like ill be cancelling ESPN at end of season and just prey that BT Sports isnt to expensive. If its more than £15 a month i think ill skip that but also i think £15 a month is a little steep when also have Sky Sports.

Any news on what happend with the announcement from Box Nation?

denphone 19-03-2013 12:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiderplant (Post 35550294)
Err... it's £299.70 a month.

(*Typical figure quoted. Month lengths may go down as well as up)

Sorry SP my mistake.:dozey:

---------- Post added at 12:21 ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave42 (Post 35550316)
very true but should make it a reasonable price not a rip off price

That's good old Sky for you l am afraid.

alwaysabear 19-03-2013 12:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnasimmons (Post 35550310)
Digital Spy reported Sky Sports pay-as-you-go on NOW TV as £9.99 a month; it is actually £9.99 a day!

That's daylight robbery:shocked:

Chad 19-03-2013 12:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by nstokes (Post 35550321)
Any news on what happend with the announcement from Box Nation?

Still nothing

---------- Post added at 12:46 ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnasimmons (Post 35550310)
Digital Spy reported Sky Sports pay-as-you-go on NOW TV as £9.99 a month; it is actually £9.99 a day!

Consumers will decide if £9.99 is too much. If people are prepared to pay £9.99 for the service then SKY will argue they have set the right price. It's all about demand. Give it 6 months. If the service is not pulling in the expected numbers SKY will reduce the price.

Ultimitely it's a service that has never existed before. Its existance now doesn't really add or subtract value from anyone. If £9.99 is to expensive for you, give the service a swerve. Nobody is being forced to do anything ;)

denphone 19-03-2013 13:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad (Post 35550350)
Still nothing

Consumers will decide if £9.99 is too much. If people are prepared to pay £9.99 for the service then SKY will argue they have set the right price. It's all about demand. Give it 6 months. If the service is not pulling in the expected numbers SKY will reduce the price.

Ultimitely it's a service that has never existed before. Its existance now doesn't really add or subtract value from anyone. If £9.99 is to expensive for you, give the service a swerve. Nobody is being forced to do anything ;)

Come on Chad take off those rose tinted glasses for once and admit that its a absolute rip off as even you and the master can surely see that.

Dave42 19-03-2013 13:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chad (Post 35550350)
Still nothing

sky have never lowered prices apart when was forced to by Ofcom for overcharging on movies and sports yes they froze them for 1 year never lowered though

andy_m 19-03-2013 13:43

It is slightly on the expensive side, but I suppose the argument is if you're only going to watch one or two days worth a month then it's cheaper than a subscription, if you're going to watch more than that then subscribe to the full package. I work shifts and, whilst I'm currently subscribed under the half price offer, I simply can't get the full value out of a full price monthly package. A case in point is that since I've subscribed on the offer, probably about 3 weeks ago, I've managed just two football matches and even missed the Grand Prix at the weekend. I'm very interested in using this new service, and by planning ahead I'll probably subscribe fully for the odd month when it'll be worth my while and use Now TV to make up the difference. Hopefully the streaming quality will be up to it...

muppetman11 19-03-2013 14:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35550359)
Come on Chad take off those rose tinted glasses for once and admit that its a absolute rip off as even you and the master can surely see that.

Chads post makes perfect sense , they'll analyse how the service is going month by month if takeup is low they'll adjust prices accordingly. When Premier plus was around a few years ago it cost £50 for a season ticket of 50 games so a £1 a game or you could purchase individual matches and the price was around £8.00 guess what many paid it then and that was for a single match.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave42 (Post 35550361)
sky have never lowered prices apart when was forced to by Ofcom for overcharging on movies and sports yes they froze them for 1 year never lowered though

Yet again Dave your wrong but hey don't let facts get in the way of another Sky rant :D Sky+ cost Sky users £10 a month its now free to Sky subscribers , HD cost Entertainment+ customers £10.25 which from April will be lowered to £5.00 they are a business and as such will try and charge what they think they can , but don't be fooled they'll adjust if the market dictates.

denphone 19-03-2013 14:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by muppetman11 (Post 35550366)
Chads post makes perfect sense , they'll analyse how the service is going month by month if takeup is low they'll adjust prices accordingly. When Premier plus was around a few years ago it cost £50 for a season ticket of 50 games so a £1 a game or you could purchase individual matches and the price was around £8.00 guess what many paid it then and that was for a single match.

Sorry MM but at a astronomical £9.99 a day there is no way it will be a success and thus trying to compare it to Premier Plus does not really stand up as that was many many years ago and a lot has changed in the market place since and if they think that many will pay what they are going to charge each day then they are bigger fools then l thought they were.

Dave42 19-03-2013 14:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35550369)
Sorry MM but at a astronomical £9.99 a day there is no way it will be a success and thus trying to compare it to Premier Plus does not really stand up as that was many many years ago and a lot has changed in the market place since and if they think that many will pay what they are going to charge each day then they are bigger fools then l thought they were.

exactly Den they could half price and still make a very big profit on it sky greed knows no bounds it funny how they always try to defend the undefendable and yes MM sky is business and allowed to make a profit but that's taking the mick big time

denphone 19-03-2013 14:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave42 (Post 35550371)
exactly Den they could half price and still make a very big profit on it sky greed knows no bounds it funny how they always try to defend the undefencable

You have to remember Dave that the master and his servant are well trained in the dark arts and as such will always tow the party line and defend the indefensible.:D