Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Coming Soon to Virgin TV (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33635863)

Andrewcrawford23 16-07-2008 17:53

Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV

braysoj this was told about long time ago, i know there policy on it, but i also know that just the CEO being dum.

mertle 16-07-2008 18:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by TV Boy (Post 34601210)
I think Virgin Media do want to carry Eurosport HD and Eurosport News but want to wait until they deal is up with Eurosport's owners TF1.

-

No HD need to used more bandwidth.

I mean Virgin can get FOUR SD Channels on air for ONE HD Channel.

thanks tv boy on the eurosport HD.

On HD yes agree there are 4 times the bandwidth but once you have that channel broadcasting in HD if you could piggy the standard non hd viewers to the hd channel imstead needing the second one for those who dont have HD it frees a non hd channel to broadcast something else.

With current system once we do start to see HD coming through we are going to have 2 channels both with the same content one for HD another for non HD. It will stretch bandwidth even more unless they can do all share HD channels. It might be impossible to do not too hot in technical workings of broadcasting if it cant vigin will end up with 2 broadcasting systems HD & digital both will need bandwidth and not too disimilar today with analogue & digital.

OLD BOY 16-07-2008 18:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by braysoj1 (Post 34601326)
i just found this about hd

Virgin Media has confirmed its policy on linear high definition content has not changed despite Sky's growing lineup of high definition channels.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/digitalt...-launches.html

When IPTV is up and running and analogue turned off, we might see a change. My guess is that no additional HD channels are on the horizon this year. 2009, maybe.

mhatter67 16-07-2008 23:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 34601381)
When IPTV is up and running and analogue turned off, we might see a change. My guess is that no additional HD channels are on the horizon this year. 2009, maybe.

I think the tipping point will start with HD coming to Freeview in 2009 (I know on analogue switch off though). VM decision will look a little bit stupid in not having more linear HD channels.

The question I would love to know is how much money does VM make say on a customers XL TV Pack after costs?

Media Boy UK 17-07-2008 18:20

The Hits TV is to be rebranded to 4Music on August 15th.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008...levision.bauer

Info from Guardian Media.

Arthurgray50@blu 17-07-2008 21:57

Hi Andrew Crawford, thank you for your comment about the basics, l keep on about, although, TV Boy, gives us a great knowlege, l like to delve a bit deeper, when l had a problem, with our V+ box, l didn't contact CS, as they are a waste of time, l went straight to Neil Berketts office and spoke to the manager, who we contact in case of problems, and he advised me, that they are still talking to Sky, but cannot see any vision yet, as it is down to money, it could be this year, but they are waiting for the end of the court case, before deciding on the basics, and as no one knows what is happening in the court case, we don't know what is happening do we, that is why l contacted TV Boy, as he knows more than me. :)

Andrewcrawford23 17-07-2008 22:21

Acutally the the court case wont decide much about sky..... Virgin are acutally waiting for ht epay tv review by ofcom and are hopign some of sky channesl go on to the rate card..

Arthurgray50@blu 17-07-2008 22:46

[Thanks Andrew, for that, but if l do hear of anything positive, l will put it on, you see, lf l hear anything from VM l will everyone know, but they are keeping quiet.

Andrewcrawford23 18-07-2008 09:29

That will be good and that what everyone wants collective information tvboy collects information from various sources and presents in the lists for everyone. :)

Thebenster 19-07-2008 18:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by TV Boy (Post 34597045)
Still to come:

July
Thu/Fri. 24/25th. 00:00. Major League Soccer VS West Ham United (Setanta Sports 1)

Its Fri. 25th. 00:30.

New game
August:
Sat. 9th. 20:15. Ajax v Inter Milan - Amsterdam Tournament (Sky Sports 2)

Media Boy UK 21-07-2008 10:56

List has now been updated:

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/34597045-post1.html

paul_hadley 21-07-2008 17:32

I emailed Diva TV weeks ago about Diva TV +1 and they say they have no plans to launch it, so you might want to remove that from your list.

rhysr2k8 22-07-2008 00:27

NO. Channel name
929. Q Radio
935. Magic
962. The Hits
963. Kiss FM
964. Kerrang Radio
966. Smash Hits Radio

Own by CSC Media Group ===
AnimeCentral (Soon to be True Entertainment)
True Movies 2
Chart Show TV
The Vault
Flava
Bliss
Scuzz
Flaunt

i can't wait for these channels coming to virgin media as i'm in an ex-telewest area and used to use a freesat from sky to get them but i have moved and only have virgin now would love it if these channels get added

braysoj1 22-07-2008 12:05

is virgin media getting The Military History Channel

Media Boy UK 22-07-2008 13:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by braysoj1 (Post 34605645)
is virgin media getting The Military History Channel

Not right now maybe when Virgin deal with History Channel is up.