Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Multiculturalism is dangerous (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33712009)

OLD BOY 09-07-2023 16:30

Re: Multiculturalism is dangerous

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sephiroth (Post 36155690)
They are more common in France because another culture has reached critical mass.

People just don’t seem to be able to draw lessons from the mistakes of others, do they? You rightly pointed out that if we get to the same critical mass, our country could go the same way, and the response is we’re different - we’re not there yet.

Unbelievable.

jfman 09-07-2023 16:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 36155745)
People just don’t seem to be able to draw lessons from the mistakes of others, do they? You rightly pointed out that if we get to the same critical mass, our country could go the same way, and the response is we’re different - we’re not there yet.

Unbelievable.

For someone who over indulges in the soup of British exceptionalism on a regular basis, I’m surprised at your approach here.

Sephiroth 09-07-2023 16:48

Quote:

Unbelievable.

You are so right, OB.

The critics of my warning are so wrapped up in their contrariness, their hatred of any Conservative, their unwillingness to digest what’s going on in a country just 22 miles away from ours.

They’ve even tried taking us down the “extreme right” rabbit hole.

They seem so sure that it won’t happen here, despite the warnings of 7/7.

At the present rate, it’s only a matter of time before we’ll all be facing east.

And then, those in charge will also say that multiculturalism is dangerous!

jfman 09-07-2023 16:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sephiroth (Post 36155748)

You are so right, OB.

The critics of my warning are so wrapped up in their contrariness, their hatred of any Conservative, their unwillingness to digest what’s going on in a country just 22 miles away from ours.

They’ve even tried taking us down the “extreme right” rabbit hole.

They seem so sure that it won’t happen here, despite the warnings of 7/7.

At the present rate, it’s only a matter of time before we’ll all be facing east.

And then, those in charge will also say that multiculturalism is dangerous!

Surely it’s the Conservatives open door policy on immigration that’s the problem?

Illegal immigration barely touches the sides of our population growth, let along the headline population figure as a whole.

With the best will in the world they are playing you both like a fiddle.

Sephiroth 09-07-2023 18:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfman (Post 36155750)
Surely it’s the Conservatives open door policy on immigration that’s the problem?

Illegal immigration barely touches the sides of our population growth, let along the headline population figure as a whole.

With the best will in the world they are playing you both like a fiddle.

You are totally missing the point, John.

Whoever is at fault, and the government is a total failure on this, we must avoid falling further into the "multiculturalism is good" trap.

It doesn't work - as France is demonstrating. See my first post for details.

OLD BOY 09-07-2023 19:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfman (Post 36155747)
For someone who over indulges in the soup of British exceptionalism on a regular basis, I’m surprised at your approach here.

Do change the record, jfman.

jfman 09-07-2023 20:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 36155755)
Do change the record, jfman.

The only records round here is the broken records of failed Conservative policy.

Multiculturalism is here and irreversible. This Government isn’t going to change that.

The birth rate where at least one parent wasn’t born in the UK is disproportionately higher than those that where both were. Poland, Pakistan, Romania, India, Bangladesh, Nigeria and Somalia accounting for the most (by nationality of mother).

Pierre 09-07-2023 21:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfman (Post 36155761)
Multiculturalism is here and irreversible.

Multiple cultures are here and are irreversible.

Multiculturalism, where these disparate cultures all get along together under the umbrella of a nation state?……………………not so much.

Ms NTL 09-07-2023 22:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sephiroth (Post 36155636)
Your virtue signalling is missing the point.

The unfortunate criminal who was shot by police triggered something that a critical mass of a different culture then took up: violence and destruction.

Beware the same mob violence happening here.

I stand corrected.

I was not aware that the Algerian kid was a "criminal". The kid had no criminal record because the police did not prosecute him for umpteen crimes.

Also, I was not aware that the kid started the engine and tried to hit the cop (maybe, maybe not). The kid's friend, sitting in the back said that the kid's foot slipped on the gas petal accidently, because the second policeman was hitting him.....
Self-defence ? I dunno.

But, I am concerned of this....

Quote:

A fundraiser on GoFundMe for the accused officer's family was set up by Jean Messiha, a former advisor for Marine Le Pen, a French far-right politician.[57] When it closed on 4 July, it had raised €1,636,200 in support of the family of the officer involved in the shooting, far greater than the €200,000 raised in support of Merzouk's family. The officer's family will receive €625,000 after taxation and platform fees.[58][59]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing_of_Nahel_Merzouk

Sephiroth 09-07-2023 22:33

@Ms NTL

Your explanation of events shows the state of turmoil that now subsists in France. We must not get to that point here - we're close enough as it is.

1andrew1 10-07-2023 00:28

I'm confused by bewildered Brexiters on this thread bemoaning the increase in multi-culturalism since Brexit. :confused:

If you want the UK to be able to recruit the best talent from around the world and not just from the EU, then this is a natural consequence of deploying our Brexit freedoms.

Hugh 10-07-2023 13:31

Quote:

Unbelievable.

As I pointed out over two years ago, when you previously started a thread about the same subject…

Quote:

You don’t seem to understand that Islam isn’t a culture, but is a religion that has many cultures, and branches (Sunni, Shi'a, Ibadi, Ahmadiyya, and Sufism) within it.

Indonesian Muslims are culturally different from Middle Eastern Muslims, who are different from African Muslims, who are different from American Muslims.

Saying "Islam is one culture" makes as much sense as saying "Christians all think the same way".

Also, thinking that Sunnis, Shias, and Sufis would all think the same way and work as a monolithic entity when voting is easily disproven when you see the internecine strife in the Middle East.

So, demographics have shown your fear of being ‘submerged’ isn’t based on actuality, and I have explained why trying to lump Islam as a single culture isn’t based on observable evidence.

Sephiroth 10-07-2023 13:54

Where in the pist you quoted was Islam mentioned? Yoy’ve gone off on one.

TheDaddy 10-07-2023 14:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sephiroth (Post 36155793)
Where in the pist you quoted was Islam mentioned? Yoy’ve gone off on one.

What religion are Algerians?

Paul 10-07-2023 14:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDaddy (Post 36155794)
What religion are Algerians?

Sunni Muslims apparently (over 99%).