Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Tivo V6 : Please document any V6 issues here. (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33704015)

Raider999 25-01-2018 20:09

Re: Please document any V6 issues here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by heavyside (Post 35933922)
Curious. Yesterday two channels vanished from my favourites list, a Sky Sports HD channel and a Eurosport HD channel and I needed to re-select them to put them back. Now today I noticed that BBC 4 HD had vanished. This happened to both my V6 boxes. I am wondering if this has something to do with the switch to MPEG 4 that's been mentioned elsewhere on the forum or is it indicative of a problem?

I lost a Sky Sports HD and a BT Sports HD channel from my favourites list - can't see why as the channel numbers are unchanged????

OLD BOY 26-01-2018 07:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider999 (Post 35933982)
I lost a Sky Sports HD and a BT Sports HD channel from my favourites list - can't see why as the channel numbers are unchanged????

Spider's last post explains this!

arcimedes 26-01-2018 08:37

Last night my V6 stopped twice while we and the cat were watching the BBC1 HD channel. Very annoying as he likes the Big Cats show. The second stop was later.

OLD BOY 26-01-2018 09:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by arcimedes (Post 35934046)
Last night my V6 stopped twice while we and the cat were watching the BBC1 HD channel. Very annoying as he likes the Big Cats show. The second stop was later.

Maybe you just need to give the V6 a re-boot. I used to do this practically every week with my old Tivo. It does tend to sort this kind of issue out if it's a problem with your device.

arcimedes 26-01-2018 11:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 35934056)
Maybe you just need to give the V6 a re-boot. I used to do this practically every week with my old Tivo. It does tend to sort this kind of issue out if it's a problem with your device.

Well it didnt really sort it out very well due to it stopping an hour later! i've never really bothered with scheduling a reboot as I have never had many problems.

Raider999 26-01-2018 14:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by arcimedes (Post 35934068)
Well it didnt really sort it out very well due to it stopping an hour later! i've never really bothered with scheduling a reboot as I have never had many problems.

Switched to my V6 this morning - BBC 1HD seemed to have froze - changed channels a couple of times and it cured it.

I too never do a reset unless it is necessary

OLD BOY 26-01-2018 16:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raider999 (Post 35934133)
Switched to my V6 this morning - BBC 1HD seemed to have froze - changed channels a couple of times and it cured it.

I too never do a reset unless it is necessary

I don't think it's necessary to do a routine reboot with the V6, but I used to get problems with my old Tivo if I didn't.

I would only do a reboot for my V6 if I discovered that the box was not working properly.

RichardCoulter 17-02-2018 21:27

Twice during the last week my V6 has lost all sound, even the sounds made when you use the remote.

A reboot is needed to restore the audio.

Anyone else experienced this?

Mr K 17-02-2018 21:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichardCoulter (Post 35937384)
Twice during the last week my V6 has lost all sound, even the sounds made when you use the remote.

A reboot is needed to restore the audio.

Anyone else experienced this?

I've had the sound 'burble' s couple of times and had to reboot. A common fault apparently.

The Yank 18-02-2018 12:01

There is a lot of chatter on the new V6 thread about WiFi diagnostics. This made me look at mine. I noticed that the one in the room with the SHUB3 is set to 5 Ghz whereas the one in the Living Room is set to 2.4Ghz. Is this something under my control? I'm not ALWAYS able to stream recordings between the two boxes and wondered if this could be an issue?

Mr K 18-02-2018 12:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Yank (Post 35937458)
There is a lot of chatter on the new V6 thread about WiFi diagnostics. This made me look at mine. I noticed that the one in the room with the SHUB3 is set to 5 Mhz whereas the one in the Living Room is set to 2.4Mhz. Is this something under my control? I'm not ALWAYS able to stream recordings between the two boxes and wondered if this could be an issue?

5mhz is usually best, try it and see if it's an improvement? You should have a choice of WiFi networks.

The Yank 18-02-2018 12:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 35937459)
5mhz is usually best, try it and see if it's an improvement? You should have a choice of WiFi networks.

Is what I thought but how do I change it?

spiderplant 18-02-2018 12:16

If you have a SuperHub 3, by default both networks have the same name. You'll have to log into the hub and rename one or both of them so you can specifically select them, if this hasn't been done already. Then go into the network settings on the V6, and choose the 5GHz one.

However, in a few weeks there should be a V6 software update which will automatically connect to the best one if they have the same name, so you might just be better off leaving it.

The Yank 18-02-2018 12:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiderplant (Post 35937463)
If you have a SuperHub 3, by default both networks have the same name. You'll have to log into the hub and rename one or both of them so you can specifically select them, if this hasn't been done already. Then go into the network settings on the V6, and choose the 5GHz one.

However, in a few weeks there should be a V6 software update which will automatically connect to the best one if they have the same name, so you might just be better off leaving it.

ok thanks for the reply - I'm not comfortable messing with things so will take your advice and wait ;)

gba93 18-02-2018 12:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiderplant (Post 35937463)

Could you let me know where you rename the networks as I can't see where this can be done - thanks.