Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8 (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33698080)

denphone 12-09-2014 15:04

Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:

Originally Posted by weenie (Post 35728418)
I have been attending the doctors recently and now I have got word in that I need to go for a colonoscopy :Yikes: I am dreading it TBH. I know I will be lightly sedated but it is still a daunting thought getting one. I must admit I am not looking forward to the day before either and taking the moviprep, don't think I'll be leaving the house that day LOL

l hope everything goes alright Weenie as yes like any procedure its never going to be totally comfortable but the staff involved are very good at putting the patient at ease so try not to worry too much.

peanut 12-09-2014 15:09

For anyone who's had or going to have a colonoscopy, you should search for 'Billy Connolly colonoscopy'. - Cracks me up every time I watch it.

weenie 12-09-2014 16:26

Thanks for your replies feeling slightly better at the thought of it now.

MalteseFalcon 12-09-2014 16:54

Sorry weenie, hope it is nothing too bad.

My moan is this meal tonight me and my sister are having as a joint birthday thing. I was under the impression it would be Bella Italia, which although the food is lovely portion size for price is not so good value. Now it is a Chinese buffet thing, and looking at their menu online it looks like I will be existing on egg fried rice all evening. Oh well, have to suck it up I suppose.

denphone 12-09-2014 17:06

One of my friends is in hospital with heart pains and it looks like they will be doing a Angiogram tomorrow to find out the extent of the problem.

weenie 12-09-2014 17:16

Sorry to hear that den, hope everything goes okay tomorrow for your friend.

MalteseFalcon 12-09-2014 21:53

Good luck to your friend den.

The Chinese was actually better than I expected, so pleased I went now.

denphone 15-09-2014 17:27

My partner got a parking ticket earlier on a technicality.:(

MalteseFalcon 15-09-2014 21:25

A relative did too, her ticket blew off the dashboard so it wasn't visible. Her appeal is still in a queue. This was issued in July. Hope she can fight it and win den.

denphone 16-09-2014 05:53

A lot of overzealous Parking enforcement officer's don't allow any leeway at all Mark as you can be 1 minute late and they will still put a ticket on you whilst councils up and down the country see it as a very lucrative money spinner picking on the motorist's in this country.

weenie 16-09-2014 09:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35729207)
A lot of overzealous Parking enforcement officer's don't allow any leeway at all Mark as you can be 1 minute late and they will still put a ticket on you whilst councils up and down the country see it as a very lucrative money spinner picking on the motorist's in this country.

Yes den many traffic wardens seem to be deliberately uncooperative and act in an extremely unhelpful manner.

Drew has broken his brace don't think the Orthodontist is going to be to pleased with him or me, thank goodness I managed to get an appointment for him today. I hope he did not break it on purpose as I know he hates his brace. One day he will be thankful that we took such an interest in his smile. :D

weenie 16-09-2014 16:06

Well back from the Orthodontist minus Drew's brace, Drew has to back in three weeks to get a track brace fitted now let's see if he can break that one.

idiosyncratic 16-09-2014 17:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by weenie (Post 35728418)
I have been attending the doctors recently and now I have got word in that I need to go for a colonoscopy :Yikes: I am dreading it TBH. I know I will be lightly sedated but it is still a daunting thought getting one. I must admit I am not looking forward to the day before either and taking the moviprep, don't think I'll be leaving the house that day LOL

I had to have one recently & while not pleasant it wasn't as bad as I thought. I honestly hardly felt the camera being inserted. The worst bit for me was the air they inject through the tube to open up the bowel for a clear view. That felt like a bad case of 'trapped wind', but no worse. I had 'gas & air' rather than a sedative as they let you out quicker.
Good luck & don't worry too much!

weenie 16-09-2014 20:18

Thank you idiosyncratic, I'll try not to till the 10th of October anyway LOL. At least I'm a morning appointment.

nashville 16-09-2014 20:31

Hope you are ok Dill.