Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   [Update] Cyclist convicted of "wanton and furious driving" (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33705272)

Mr K 02-10-2018 10:15

Re: [Update] Cyclist convicted of "wanton and furious driving"

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35965144)
Something has to be done so that those responsible can be identified and if necessary prosecuted and provide restitution to their victims.

(Registration required to read full article)

If they all got cars instead would the situation be better?

OLD BOY 02-10-2018 10:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kursk (Post 35965114)
So, everyone should wear an overt number so they can be watched and easily traced? Think it through.

Motorists have number plates to confirm compliance with license requirements, emissions limitations, MOT's, insurance etc; none of which apply to cyclists. Gawd, how many times....:dunce:

My advice to the kids going to this school (you do remember that the discussion is about children being monitored don't you?) is to only display the issued number when at school. What they do outside school is none of the headmaster's business.

Exactly! he simpered.:blush:

Nonetheless, if you commit a crime in your car, someone can take the number, report you, and you can be traced.

I'm not surprised most cyclists don't want to be identified, given their poor and unacceptable behaviour. Why they think the law doesn't apply to them, I don't know.

Incidentally, did your Head Teacher never give you a lecture at assembly about your activities outside school while in uniform reflecting on the school? Of course it is the school's business - since when did you make the rules?

denphone 02-10-2018 10:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 35965145)

Cars are pretty expensive to buy and run so not everybody has that option.

Mr K 02-10-2018 11:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35965148)

Dunno Den a lot of cycles these days cost more than cars ! Madness. If they did all get cars instead we would have a major problem. Too many cars the continuing failure of public transport are the main issues.
Cyclists are a slight irritant who mainly endanger themselves if they're irresponsible. Irresponsible car drivers kill hundreds but often survive.

Kursk 02-10-2018 11:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35965128)
Absolutely.:tu:

Simper.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken W (Post 35965141)
I agree

Simper.
Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35965144)
Something has to be done so that those responsible can be identified and if necessary prosecuted and provide restitution to their victims.

Whine.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 35965145)

:tu:
Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 35965147)
Incidentally, did your Head Teacher never give you a lecture at assembly about your activities outside school while in uniform reflecting on the school? Of course it is the school's business - since when did you make the rules?

Hmm, yes, I've noticed a number of female ex-pupils bringing disrepute to the school uniform. I hope the Head gives 'em six of the best.
Quote:

Originally Posted by denphone (Post 35965148)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 35965159)
Dunno Den a lot of cycles these days cost more than cars ! Madness. If they did all get cars instead we would have a major problem. Too many cars the continuing failure of public transport are the main issues.
Cyclists are a slight irritant who mainly endanger themselves if they're irresponsible. Irresponsible car drivers kill hundreds but often survive.

:tu:

The persistent whining and simpering is amusing. It's like a granny knitting circle chinwag punctuated by the backdrop of clacking needles. It doesn't make an apeth of difference though. Still no helmets, no insurance, no license, no MOT and no training. And no brakes; there's no stopping us; get a bike or get out of the way. We're coming to a pavement and congested City Centre near you.:naughty:

OLD BOY 02-10-2018 19:35

I think someone at the Conservative Party Conference should suggest we establish a huge new force - the cycling police, and they should hide in bushes with handy spike strips they can throw in front of nuisance cyclists so that they are stopped and taken into custody overnight.

There should be random stops by this new force to check that they get answers right on questions about the highway code. If not, custody.

Anyone jumping lights or disobeying signs - custody.

You get the drift.

Little girls on their bikes would be exempt.

By the way, if they establish such a force, I will be one of the first in line!

Damien 04-10-2018 08:32

A bunch of posts have been removed. Stop posting nonsense and inflammatory stuff or the thread is locked

Paul 04-10-2018 15:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damien (Post 35965319)
A bunch of posts have been removed. Stop posting nonsense and inflammatory stuff or the thread is locked

Just to add to this - next time ALL the children involved will also be placed in the naughty corner for a day. :dunce:

papa smurf 23-10-2018 17:46

Cyclist smashes headfirst through back window of a stationary car - because he was busy looking at his mobile PHONE and not the road

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...onary-car.html

i shouldn't laugh but :rofl:

richard s 23-10-2018 19:58

Hope the cyclist was insured to pay for the smashed window.

Kursk 24-10-2018 01:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by richard s (Post 35967682)
Hope the cyclist was insured to pay for the smashed window.

Being ruddy boring sucks :rolleyes:.

richard s 24-10-2018 20:20

:DWell stop being BORING he, he.

Angua 25-10-2018 12:24

The use of the Dutch reach by drivers could be helpful in encouraging cyclists off the pavements.

Kursk 25-10-2018 17:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angua (Post 35967915)
The use of the Dutch reach by drivers could be helpful in encouraging cyclists off the pavements.

Cyclists: Never rely for your safety on motorists employing the "Dutch reach". Simply cycle on the pavement thereby ensuring your safety yourself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by richard s (Post 35967859)
:DWell stop being BORING he, he.

I write; you read. You're boring yourself :)

Angua 25-10-2018 18:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kursk (Post 35967953)
Cyclists: Never rely for your safety on motorists employing the "Dutch reach". Simply cycle on the pavement thereby ensuring your safety yourself.

I write; you read. You're boring yourself :)

As a pedestrian, cyclists are in the wrong place according to the highway code if they are using pavements that are not shared spaces.

That there are idiots who use the roads in various forms of transport, does not make all cyclists, motorists, motorcyclists, lorry drivers, van drivers or mobility scooter users dangerous.

Yet lazy, can't be asked to look car drivers want everyone else off their precious bit of road.