Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media TV Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   General : Virgin Media TV pricing (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33705656)

OLD BOY 10-11-2017 09:43

Re: Virgin Media TV pricing

Quote:

Originally Posted by spiderplant (Post 35924217)
That's because stores aren't very good at that sort of thing yet
https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...-personal-data

So I have to find a bag lady to do my shopping in future, then....:LOL:

nicknewark 10-11-2017 09:45

It's all about choice, and with VM I have one, if I don't like the prices, then I would consider leaving or downgrading to secure a better price. If VM want to offer me a deal price to stay, then it's fine by me.

OLD BOY 10-11-2017 10:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicknewark (Post 35924222)
It's all about choice, and with VM I have one, if I don't like the prices, then I would consider leaving or downgrading to secure a better price. If VM want to offer me a deal price to stay, then it's fine by me.

The point is, it's not fair on others. But presumably, you don' t care about that.

One man's discount is more cost for some other folks who don't like to make a fuss about everything.

nicknewark 10-11-2017 10:34

I guess we have different view points on this, which is okay, but I am actually a really caring person!,

---------- Post added at 10:34 ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 ----------

I do find it hard to imagine, that there's not many long time VM customers that haven't been offered discounts, etc to renew contracts.

Bananaman_007 10-11-2017 17:23

The problem I have is VM telling me I had enough discounts letting me send back the tv boxes then persuing me with offers who does that technique benifit?

Raider999 10-11-2017 18:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bananaman_007 (Post 35924347)
The problem I have is VM telling me I had enough discounts letting me send back the tv boxes then persuing me with offers who does that technique benifit?

Whichever company is used as carriers to and from🤑🤑

jj20x 10-11-2017 21:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by OLD BOY (Post 35924240)
The point is, it's not fair on others. But presumably, you don' t care about that.

One man's discount is more cost for some other folks who don't like to make a fuss about everything.

I very much doubt that VM offer loyalty discount at a loss. Consider the discounted price as the one that gives VM a profit and the advertised price as the one that gives VM an excess profit.

Companies generally like to fragment the market, as much as possible, to get as much profit as possible from individual consumers. Those willing to pay the advertised price simply generate larger dividends for the shareholders. Those on a loyalty discount make less profit but without driving up the price for other consumers.

At the end of the day, the customer has a choice. To negotiate for the best price or to accept the advertised price and generate larger dividends for the shareholders.

daveeb 10-11-2017 22:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by jj20x (Post 35924398)
I very much doubt that VM offer loyalty discount at a loss. Consider the discounted price as the one that gives VM a profit and the advertised price as the one that gives VM an excess profit.

Companies generally like to fragment the market, as much as possible, to get as much profit as possible from individual consumers. Those willing to pay the advertised price simply generate larger dividends for the shareholders. Those on a loyalty discount make less profit but without driving up the price for other consumers.

At the end of the day, the customer has a choice. To negotiate for the best price or to accept the advertised price and generate larger dividends for the shareholders.

Nicely put, i agree 100% with that.