Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Current Affairs (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Diane Abbott does it again (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33705629)

papa smurf 05-11-2017 08:51

Re: Diane Abbott does it again

but she went to University so she must have a superior intelligence over others

she's one of the elite one of those with superior intellect who always vote the right way and always fully understand what they are talking about

Mr K 05-11-2017 09:03

There are a scary amount of politicians that aren't up to the job. However the media love to pick on this one for some reason(s).

denphone 05-11-2017 09:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa smurf (Post 35923306)

she's one of the elite one of those with superior intellect who always vote the right way and always fully understand what they are talking about

There is intelligence and then there is innate common sense papa.

Mick 05-11-2017 10:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr K (Post 35923308)
There are a scary amount of politicians that aren't up to the job. However the media love to pick on this one for some reason(s).

Maybe because she is useless, has made racist remarks against “Whites”, and the fact she has a checkered past with links to the IRA along with her former lover, Corbyn and other IRA backer like McDonnell and her wanting “British defeat”.

Hugh 05-11-2017 11:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa smurf (Post 35923306)

Nothing like reverse snobbery - just as bad as snobbery.

The chip on your shoulder must be quite heavy.... ;)

papa smurf 05-11-2017 11:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35923328)
Nothing like reverse snobbery - just as bad as snobbery.

The chip on your shoulder must be quite heavy.... ;)

snobbery ? chip?

i'm just giving due reverence to to my superiors :nworthy:

Hugh 05-11-2017 11:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by papa smurf (Post 35923332)
snobbery ? chip?

i'm just giving due reverence to to my superiors :nworthy:

People are only your superior if you let them be.

Education teaches knowledge, but not necessarily common sense - however, not attending Higher Education doesn't implicitly mean you have common sense.

Some people just lack it, but often try to cover that up with sarcasm....

papa smurf 05-11-2017 12:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35923334)
People are only your superior if you let them be.

Education teaches knowledge, but not necessarily common sense - however, not attending Higher Education doesn't implicitly mean you have common sense.

Some people just lack it, but often try to cover that up with sarcasm....

as you wish sagacity sir :nworthy:

Qtx 07-11-2017 16:14

It amazes me how she is still an MP. It amazes me just as much that tv channels give her so much air time considering the crap she spouts.

@hugh, Intelligence, memory and common sense are the three differences which get confused IMO. Someone who can remember facts might do well for passing exams but they might not have the intelligence to solve a puzzle. That same person might not have the common sense to cleanup at the end of a job once and instead cleans up 5 times as they go along, as an example.

Everyone is a combination of different levels of those. Diane Abbot appears to score low on all three of those going by the things she has said and done on a consistent basis. I don't see her getting the job on merit.

Again it's a case of who you know rather than what you know. or who you slept with...

Mick 07-11-2017 16:31

She has absolutely no merit. She is only there because she is a close ally to Corbyn, not to mention they are former lovers.

The LBC interview she did with police numbers and cost was an absolute embarrassment, she then made a series of other blunders.

But she is the Shadow Home Secretary, she should be aware of recommendations made in a report on terror, that was commissioned for London Mayor, she had absolutely not read it and it showed in this excruciating interview she did on Sky News back in June.

Taf 07-11-2017 17:50

I remember how she used to close her eyes when answering with an obvious lie or spinned untruth.

It must have taken a lot of training to stop her doing it.

Closing her eyes that is, not spouting obvious lies or spinned untruths.

heero_yuy 07-11-2017 18:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 35923648)
She has absolutely no merit.

Surefire winner of "Pull a pig":D

ianch99 07-11-2017 21:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by heero_yuy (Post 35923670)
Surefire winner of "Pull a pig":D

This post is out of order. If you have to attack her for just being a women that you have already lost the argument.

Mr K 07-11-2017 21:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianch99 (Post 35923712)
This post is out of order. If you have to attack her for just being a women that you have already lost the argument.

Yes it's fair enough to have a go at someone for not being very good. But with Diane Abbott it also brings out sexism, racism, people not liking the way she looks/talks etc, all irrelevant. Why not have a go at Boris or Priti Patel, equally crap at their jobs. It just doesn't suit the agenda on here, and making personal attacks DA does !

papa smurf 07-11-2017 22:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianch99 (Post 35923712)

don't read it then .