Cable Forum

Cable Forum (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/index.php)
-   Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Virgin Business Useless (https://www.cableforum.uk/board/showthread.php?t=33683455)

Threepints 08-12-2011 12:16

Re: Virgin Business Useless

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kymmy (Post 35341755)
One though that most people will not know unless you explain it ;)

A little like the posters reply to me ;).

---------- Post added at 12:16 ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 ----------

Thanks for everyones replies. I apologise to any VM staff I may have seemed to have a dig at. I've been a little frustrated to say the least.

I have now eventually spoken to a manager. I'll still not be using VM Business due to the awful CS from the sales team.

Digital Fanatic 08-12-2011 12:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Threepints (Post 35342520)
A little like the posters reply to me ;).

---------- Post added at 12:16 ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 ----------

Thanks for everyones replies. I apologise to any VM staff I may have seemed to have a dig at. I've been a little frustrated to say the least.

I have now eventually spoken to a manager. I'll still not be using VM Business due to the awful CS from the sales team.

No worries :)

Sorry you had a bad expereince with the VM Business team.

Kymmy 08-12-2011 12:29

The website is now more of a vague ensemble of what the technology they can ffer but with no exact details (speed/pricing/packages..etc..) In fact most of the website still have a lot of out of date info which has been there for 5+ years

---------- Post added at 12:29 ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 ----------

As for the VM forums as with the old VM newsgroups if you ask a VMB question they just tell you to contact VMB

ccarmock 08-12-2011 13:05

Agreed the website is very poor now - in fact worse than it was

Threepints 08-12-2011 15:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccarmock (Post 35342541)
Agreed the website is very poor now - in fact worse than it was

Compounded by the issue of misinformation given when you speak to different members of the sales team ie I was given different rates for the same service I enquired about.

My main concern, of which I informed the manager, was that VM Business will lose revenue with this service. That the team could get outsourced overseas with a loss of UK jobs. So forgetting my gripe & them losing possible business from me, they need to sort themselves out to be competitive.

Kymmy 08-12-2011 17:13

Yet when you do actually get the service they have always offered me fantastic technical support with same day call-outs on any hardware/connection problems..

It is a shame that their sales team isn't upto spec but you may find that it's the temp effect of all the new packages...

ccarmock 08-12-2011 17:26

That's exactly my experience Kymmy.

I am struggling with that a bit now - placed an order for an upgrade last Monday. Was told I'd get order confirmation by Thurs last week - nothing. I chased... nothing. I called and was told it would be done - nothing. Was told on Monday the order would be processed by 4pm that day - now it's Thursday still nothing.

Threepints 08-12-2011 20:00

The manager I spoke to said that they have lost staff & they have a recruitment freeze in place. Whilst he did not wish to make any excuse, this he said was causing issues.

Tim Deegan 08-12-2011 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Threepints (Post 35342813)
The manager I spoke to said that they have lost staff & they have a recruitment freeze in place. Whilst he did not wish to make any excuse, this he said was causing issues.

That's not your problem, and isn't really a good excuse. If they improved their service, then they would probably have far more customers, and wouldn't have to cut staff.

Hugh 09-12-2011 09:13

If only life were that simple........

Tim Deegan 09-12-2011 11:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 35342958)
If only life were that simple........

The basics of business are that simple. You provide a service that there is demand for, at a competitive price, with excellent customer service, then in theory you should do well.

If your competition does the same, then you need to do something to make your business stand out from the others.

If VMB provide a poor customer service (especially for new customers), then they will have no incentive to use their services. And this is where the downhill spiral starts.

Kymmy 09-12-2011 11:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Deegan (Post 35342996)
The basics of business are that simple. You provide a service that there is demand for, at a competitive price, with excellent customer service, then in theory you should do well.

If your competition does the same, then you need to do something to make your business stand out from the others.

If VMB provide a poor customer service (especially for new customers), then they will have no incentive to use their services. And this is where the downhill spiral starts.

Nope, you'll find instead that the SMB's are low priority as their main services are pointed towards medium/large enterprises.. They'll eventually catch up on the website and in the mean time the new packages can be matched by very few ISP's providing an SMB service.

Threepints 09-12-2011 14:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kymmy (Post 35343005)
Nope, you'll find instead that the SMB's are low priority as their main services are pointed towards medium/large enterprises.. They'll eventually catch up on the website and in the mean time the new packages can be matched by very few ISP's providing an SMB service.

The new packages possibly cannot be matched. It's a pity despite banging my head against several walls that I never found out what the new packages are.

---------- Post added at 14:57 ---------- Previous post was at 14:56 ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Deegan (Post 35342827)
That's not your problem, and isn't really a good excuse. If they improved their service, then they would probably have far more customers, and wouldn't have to cut staff.

I know it's not my problem & to be honest the manger before telling me used the proverbial 'I'm telling you this as an excuse'. :erm:

Kymmy 09-12-2011 14:59

Read this thread

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12...-business.html

---------- Post added at 14:59 ---------- Previous post was at 14:58 ----------

BTW, did you mean for this thread to be in the phone section or do you want me to move it to another? Just that I wasn;t sure if you were after purely a phone line or a BB line as well

Threepints 09-12-2011 15:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kymmy (Post 35343121)
Read this thread

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12...-business.html

---------- Post added at 14:59 ---------- Previous post was at 14:58 ----------

BTW, did you mean for this thread to be in the phone section or do you want me to move it to another? Just that I wasn;t sure if you were after purely a phone line or a BB line as well

Cheers for the link, not really got time to read through 12 pages though.

Just a phone line.